IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

There were 2 bits I found a bit frustrating. The bomb at the start killing you if you walked right immediately and there was a bit with 3 walls you had to break in a row with bombs from one pipe. Once they blew up the block with the spring on so if I fell I was stuck. The rest was pretty straight forward. I remember the final bit being fun. You put a note that basically says what to do anyway, so if they die its their own fault!

I hope they patch in checkpoints though. People are impatient and I find myself having to cut back on more challenging stuff I'd like to do because because you have to travel all the way back to it again.

There were 2 bits I found a bit frustrating. The bomb at the start killing you if you walked right immediately and there was a bit with 3 walls you had to break in a row with bombs from one pipe. Once they blew up the block with the spring on so if I fell I was stuck. The rest was pretty straight forward. I remember the final bit being fun. You put a note that basically says what to do anyway, so if they die its their own fault!

I hope they patch in checkpoints though. People are impatient and I find myself having to cut back on more challenging stuff I'd like to do because because you have to travel all the way back to it again.

I never foresaw that first pipe being a problem, probably because I made the stage, but also because people apparently play differently than I do. Rather than immediately running forward, I expect people to wait a second or so before running because of what could be immediate death. The timing of the pipe generators is completely random. I hate that it's not the same all the time.

As far as the area that you got stuck in, I tested that area countless times so people WOULDN'T get stuck.... I put the spring, the vine, and a super leaf there to help out, but I never had the block with the vine in it blow up :( Plus, there's a bomb and a leaf before you get to that part, and I was hoping that players would ignore the bomb generator altogether and use their tails to break the walls going forward. So many different scenarios went through my head, but still one problem remains that I didn't see happening....

Thanks for your feedback!

Guest bitroast

seems like thps5 is exactly what everybody feared it would be

hahaha man. what a trainwreck.

i mentioned this b4 but one of the first games i played when plugging in ps2 recently (via component cables. everything looks so sharp and excellent!!) was TONY HAWK PRO SKATER 3. and man, it honestly plays so nicely and so smoothly. it would be nice if they released a game that essentially did what Pro Skater 5 said it would do on the box but it looks like the game is clearly in wrong hands.. again. there's nothing wrong with the originals.

i can kind of imagine THPS5 becoming a Lets Play *hit* ala goat sim with everyone laughing at the crazy physics.

they're gonna have to do something about that price tag tho if they expect anyone but misinformed filthy casuals picking this one up.

make it $20 and it'll become a lets play sensation.

I played this game recently from my favorite game-making community and loved it, if you like strange video games then this is for you http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/9618

also this one which was posted on the same site is interesting and has an AFX SC soundtrack, 34 ibiza spliff

http://2sman.itch.io/drug-dog

those games are both free and this one is not, but it is very very funny and surprising and big and clever and meaningful for something mostly made by one person, i completed one ending, but then there's the more meaningful ending that the game encourages you to try to get to if you didn't get to it the first time http://undertale.com/

Both of those Rez-alikes (and so many games like them) are totally missing the point of Rez, which was a regular action game that makes songs as you play the levels. Everything I've seen since then that is inspired by Rez is more along the lines of a Guitar Hero hit-the-pattern-at-the-right-time thing and is never as good as a result.

[edit] Though I haven't played Child Of Eden, I assume it's the closest to Rez conceptually since it's the same devs.

Edited by autopilot

Just grabbed Raptor: Call of the Shadows from 1994 on Steam. There's a 2015 edition too, but the reviews didn't look promising for it.

Looks like there's a Minecraft: Story Mode due out in a couple of weeks too. I might get that one also, even though I've never touched Minecraft at all. There's even Lego Minecraft kits in retail stores now, which kinda makes sense.

[edit] Though I haven't played Child Of Eden, I assume it's the closest to Rez conceptually since it's the same devs.

It is, though there's something missing in COE that makes me still prefer Rez by a wide margin. I don't know if it's the soundtrack (wanders into J-Poppy / EDM territory quite often), the less abstract art style, or what.... I mean it's pretty good, but Rez was just something else

Beat SOMA. Amazing game, one of the best horror games, and best games of any genre, I've ever played. Can't recommend enough. Avoid spoilers if you're interested in playing it!

Now diving into Serious Sam 3. Already knew I was going to love this one.

Assault Android Cactus is pretty fun :3

[youtubehd]xzSuLRlzT5I[/youtubehd]

Wow, that looks pretty cool!

It really is! And I believe it's on Wii U too...

Wait, it's available now?

lol, right?

i played it for probably 3 hrs yesterday and i've beaten it =\

popped in mario maker for a bit but mgs kept calling my name. i'll hit maker up after i'm back in town at the end of the month.