IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Super Mario Maker... my god, probably the best-made (note: best-made, not best-ever) game ever.

My son published a level called "claustrophobia" - has a .025% completion rate... try it if you dare

What is the ID for this stage?

seriously? no last guardian?

Of course not, they have to hype us up, then never speak of it again for another six years.

They'll probably show it at Tokyo Game Show in a couple of days. If not then they'll show it at the Playstation Experience Conference in December

man i guess ps experience makes sense. and they did say it's coming out next year. just seems odd to completely omit it from their tgs presentation

still barreling through mgsv for a couple (few?) hours each nite. decided to stop doing so many damn side ops and focus on the story missions. finished mission 19 last nite

seriously? no last guardian?

Of course not, they have to hype us up, then never speak of it again for another six years.

They'll probably show it at Tokyo Game Show in a couple of days. If not then they'll show it at the Playstation Experience Conference in December

Hey, haven't you all figured out what's going on yet?

You are already playing The Last Guardian. The clips they've shown are not clips of The Last Guardian; they are the cut-scenes in The Last Guardian. The game itself is about a group of protagonists: designers, developers, etc. which were known as Team Ico (they recently leveled up and are now known as GenDesign). They're playing against the enemy (aka their blindly-hopeful fanbase) in the ultimate quest to underwhelm us all by proportions previously thought impossible. Eventually they will release the in-game 'game' known as The Last Guardian to jaw-breaking yawns and the silent internet-rage of years spent waiting for a game that will hit the sweet spot of mediocrity: MetaCritic will likely cull a 7.1 average on all reviews.

edit: BLOODBORNE DLC LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME and I am hype personified for it. Only two months to wait.

Edited by auxien

Will From Software ever learn those giant bosses were uninteresting and looked the same in Bloodborne? I mean the game was really fun but starting a second playthrough was not as interesting as I would have thought.

Whaaa....?

How anyone can say "The One Reborn" and "Elbitras" are "the same" and "uninteresting" escapes me...

Guest bitroast

hahaha. agreed. i spent a while only playing expert mode and laughing at how terrible all the levels were. once i finally glanced at easy and medium i realized expert just means 'broken' and cannot be beaten/nobody bothers to beat.

Edited by bitroast

I just stayed up 5 extra hours after work playing Mario Maker..... Damn....

New stage:

Mansion of Bleakness: 7D9F-0000-0040-D8DB

Any fellow Brits tuning into that GTA thing on BBC2 tonight? Could be decent, could be shite. Not sure how I feel about Radcliffe as Sam Houser.

<3

A bunch of ex-Rockstar/DMA employees have been kicking off too haha

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/sep/16/rockstar-games-bbc-grand-theft-auto-drama-gamechangers

Mario Maker makes me want to buy a Wii U.

It is amazing how incredibly well-made and thought out the whole game is - and the fact there are so many hidden things and extras (like the fly-catching game) built into it... it's scary to think what Nintendo could do if they published for all consoles.

Destiny Year 2: The Taken King has so far been awesome, only had time to do a few missions last night, but damn have they improved this game. NPC's now have more development and personality, cutscene's help flesh out the story more. The missions themselves have been awesome so far, new areas look great and the Taken are pretty cool looking.

Guest Enter a new display name

Will From Software ever learn those giant bosses were uninteresting and looked the same in Bloodborne? I mean the game was really fun but starting a second playthrough was not as interesting as I would have thought.

Whaaa....?

How anyone can say "The One Reborn" and "Elbitras" are "the same" and "uninteresting" escapes me...

Those two bosses were ridiculous, especially The One Reborn. Defeating the giant bosses are based on the same tactics. All you have to do is dash to their side and spam R1 while the AI and the camera are confused by the weird perspective, and you dodge the few attacks from the boss.

Gascoigne was by far the most interesting boss. It felt like a duel since he's another hunter who basically has the same skills as you, and his beast mode brings intensity and evolution to the combat. Fighting hunters was the highlight of Bloodborne but they didn't exploit it enough.

In fact the whole game is played the same way. It lacks what Dark Souls had: meaningful combat decisions. The stamina bar is useless at this point since it recharges so fast and you can spam attacks a lot (which stagger the enemies most of the time). The dash also has way more invincibility frames than Dark Souls' roll. The intensity from the battles (against the knights particularly) in Dark Souls is long gone.

Edited by Enter a new display name

Destiny Year 2: The Taken King has so far been awesome, only had time to do a few missions last night, but damn have they improved this game. NPC's now have more development and personality, cutscene's help flesh out the story more. The missions themselves have been awesome so far, new areas look great and the Taken are pretty cool looking.

Why can we only do level 20 legacy strikes though? =/

I can't do any higher than that. Daily heroic story and strikes are gone as well.

Guest Enter a new display name

Bloodborne is better than any Dark Souls. And DS3 looks more like BB so the devs seem to feel the same. Therefore: Fact.

Also, Gerhman fight was great.

OT: Bully. It's a good game.

Yeah, the final battle was great. And don't get me wrong: I really enjoyed Bloodborne, but the bosses and the Chalice Dungeons were in my opinion the main weaknesses of the game.

True, not even sure why they bothered including the dungeons. Some of the bosses down there are okay but I'd rather have seen a few more areas in the main game. Cainhurst was sweet but also felt kind of shallow... and even though I bet there's an "excellent" lore explanation, having the Pthumerian Queen tucked away at the end of a bunch of bland dungeons was dumb.

If they decide to make a sequel and include another set of dungeons they really need to add more variation to the layouts. Make it fun to play rather than something you force yourself through in the hope of a new boss at the end.