IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Surely if we've managed to wait a month since announcement, another can't be that bad. Don't any of y'all listen to anything besides Autechre? I ask that as a huge fan, myself.

indeedy. Ive been getting into Access to Arasaka recently & without wanting to get into some more autechre comparsion bollocks it kinda hits a similar spot to autechre, but he has his own vibe going on. check out this free e.p if you aint heard him before

http://tympanikaudio.com/releases/td008/

The Norman thing doesn't make much sense, and makes me regret semi-seriously giving Warp's marketing department the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I really don't want to hear anything more until I get the official release. It was a nice teaser, but being tempted to play 30 second clips over and over again for a few weeks certainly wouldn't enhance my enjoyment of the product once it's released.

im all for Autechre playing up the mystery and being secretive about tracks and stuff but to me its just blatantly dumb for them to take down samples on norman and other places. Its like a major studio making youtube remove a cam copy of a comic con presentation.

I doubt AE had anything to do with Normal removing the samples - in fact, I bet Norman themselves realized they slipped up and removed them on their own accord.

I do agree with you though - if the album was finished, putting up 1 minute samples on the announcement would have been the better way to handle all the hype and be a nice nod to their customers and AE fans.

am fairly sure Warp had something to do with it. But yeah prob nothing to do with Autechre them sens, still fucking stupid though

What do you speculate is the main reason there are no leaks yet:

1. The people who have promos are just stand-up citizens of the nets

2. The promos have sophisticated watermarks and threats attached to them

3. WARP gave some monetary or other kind of incentive to the people who got promos

4. Autechre specifically mentions in every promo's cover letter not to leak it so that gl0tch can't hear it

5. It leaked weeks ago but a forum script auto-deletes any mention of it immediately, in a forum post, private message or CHATMM

6. Everyone who has a promo thinks they can't rip it because it sounds like the CD is skipped

9. If the file data is copied or moved more than 1.5 times, it re-writes itself so that all the tracks are silent

7. Promos have subliminal messages that make the listener forget they even have it

8. Sean's mom said no

im all for Autechre playing up the mystery and being secretive about tracks and stuff but to me its just blatantly dumb for them to take down samples on norman and other places. Its like a major studio making youtube remove a cam copy of a comic con presentation.

I doubt AE had anything to do with Normal removing the samples - in fact, I bet Norman themselves realized they slipped up and removed them on their own accord.

I do agree with you though - if the album was finished, putting up 1 minute samples on the announcement would have been the better way to handle all the hype and be a nice nod to their customers and AE fans.

yeah guys what's your best guess as to how many folks received a promo? ~30? ~100? i'm wondering, cause only 2 folks included a track in a mix right? you think there's any specific implied contract included with the promo, i.e. you can listen to it but you can't play it publicly or anything?

i guess the ae boys they'd like the album to hit shelves without anybody having heard it....

warp on the other hand wants to promote it

but then they don't want anyone to play it publicly

i don't even know what i'm typing anymore

look, a potato

people don’t dare leak it because rob & sean have threatened to come round and kick their heads in and burn their house down if any1 leaks it. :)

but yeah serisouly tho maybe people are just good folks but is mad at least 1 person hasnt and thats all it takes.. though, cant belive the dick head that said they cant understand the mentality of People that DONT leak it!! wtf??

Edited by kirm

what do you guys think autechre think of actress?

would be interesting to find out, they seemed pretty luke warm about flying lotus when asked about fellow Warp signings, which sounds like a much more accomplished Actress

What do you speculate is the main reason there are no leaks yet:

1. The people who have promos are just stand-up citizens of the nets

2. The promos have sophisticated watermarks and threats attached to them

3. WARP gave some monetary or other kind of incentive to the people who got promos

4. Autechre specifically mentions in every promo's cover letter not to leak it so that gl0tch can't hear it

5. It leaked weeks ago but a forum script auto-deletes any mention of it immediately, in a forum post, private message or CHATMM

6. Everyone who has a promo thinks they can't rip it because it sounds like the CD is skipped

9. If the file data is copied or moved more than 1.5 times, it re-writes itself so that all the tracks are silent

7. Promos have subliminal messages that make the listener forget they even have it

8. Sean's mom said no

or

Guest disoriental express

quaristice for life. :pedobear:

The PlclCpC

Tkakanren

IO (mons)

chenc9-x

Perlence range3

is an intense journey.

Guest disoriental express

quaristice for life. :pedobear:

The PlclCpC

Tkakanren

IO (mons)

chenc9-x

Perlence range3

is an intense journey.

no 90101-51?

it's in my playlist, just before those. was commenting on what a great run of tracks that is. to me that's the core of quaristice, with songs like paralel Suns and 90101-51 as great periphery tracks adding new dimension to the whole.

what do you guys think autechre think of actress?

would be interesting to find out, they seemed pretty luke warm about flying lotus when asked about fellow Warp signings, which sounds like a much more accomplished Actress

lol what?? Talk about generic and uninteresting...!!!