IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

If I remember correctly, by the time Oversteps came out, its dedicated thread was ~50 pages long and ended up being 300+ pages long. If the exai thread is already ~100 pages long, then it could be that it will end up being, OMG, 600 pages long. And the whole music world will be laughing at us. Look at these nerds from WATMM !!!!!!!! :facepalm:

It's only appropriate since Exai is a double album. Double the music, double the hype/fanboyism.

i asked the guy what the exai sound was like. a bit like oversteps or quaristice or even untilted?

he replied:

"it's a bit of all 3 but this one stands out way more on the hip-hop tip for me and still maintains that highly experimental aspect"

https://twitter.com/PlexLondon/status/291844234875641856

interesting, the closest thing they've done to hip hop in a while is Perlence, Treale and some of Move of Ten. Curious about how similar it will sound to any of those (if you don't count the last Gescom release)

Edited by Awepittance

FLeure is that classic frenetic ae sound -

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the most cursed word ever used to describe an artist's sound. 9 times out of 10, when people start using the term "classic" the artist has already passed their vital period.

(I know, overreacting on non-evidence, but still)

is it a sin that I'm probably just as excited about a potential alcocibras review as I am about the album?

It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.

Oh shit, this hip hop talk has got me superfuckingexcited. I've been thrashing 6852, blyz castl, fuckin Rew(1), Etchegon (bit of a stretch but hey, it's undeniably funky) for weeks. if it's like skull snap but a fair bit more fucked up i'll gonna be pissing everywhere (in a good way). was skull snap a nod toward things to come? I fuckin' hope so. I would commit crimes for 10 or so more tracks like 6852/blyz castl. (17 might be overkill, need me some ae ambient and some ae techno and some ae epic prog idm too....)