IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest pixelives

Amazing album. BUT, i really have to let it grow. Love the sounds, love the ambience, love the track lengths, BUT, it is still a puzzle to me. As were Confield, Draft and Untilted. I really feel this album gives me the same ammount of listenings (before i really get it) as those incredible albums.

dude. I've had it for almost a month now and I'm still like :cerious::emotawesomepm9::music:

Doesn't seem likely that the 24 bit wavs were unmastered but it is possible I suppose that they are audibly less compressed or differently mastered in some other way to the 16 bit versions. since the site is down I can't get an alt version to comapre. That blast of white noise was a bit of shock though. I'm listening on some fairly serious equipment and other than that obvious glitch everything sounds fine to me. Huge, spacious and most importantly (musically) 100% killer. Best Ae since ... erm Draft?. Maybe best Ae, period.

Amazing album. BUT, i really have to let it grow. Love the sounds, love the ambience, love the track lengths, BUT, it is still a puzzle to me. As were Confield, Draft and Untilted. I really feel this album gives me the same ammount of listenings (before i really get it) as those incredible albums.

dude. I've had it for almost a month now and I'm still like :cerious::emotawesomepm9::music:

indeed... .. .in the beginning i was even thinking 1 year of buying ep7 or not...not a lie. it took me 1 year to let that one grow on me. I came from early jungle, reggae and some early d&b...i think it was because of Big Loada i wanted to hear more from the warp label... .. .i saw that abstract cover, gave it a try and was like :huh:

One year later i tried again...i was sold. Don't know why, but ever since i buy Autechre albums :yeah:

I remember now. T ess Xi...that was one that by the end I was completely amazed. That esoteric, ancient sounding chord pattern that comes to the forefront by the end of the track...sublime.

one of the stand out tracks for me so far. The main melody becomes darker and more daunting as the track progresses - love it.

Doesn't seem likely that the 24 bit wavs were unmastered but it is possible I suppose that they are audibly less compressed or differently mastered in some other way to the 16 bit versions. since the site is down I can't get an alt version to comapre. That blast of white noise was a bit of shock though. I'm listening on some fairly serious equipment and other than that obvious glitch everything sounds fine to me. Huge, spacious and most importantly (musically) 100% killer. Best Ae since ... erm Draft?. Maybe best Ae, period.

Can't say which album is best for me, but the one that done the most damage in my head was Confield. Without a doubt. This Exai album is really getting close to Confield for me...

yep - I think this is another one of theirs that might take time to grow on me - and I have a lot of patience for ae so it's not a problem

Two tracks in and it's a fucking beast. Up there with Draft already for me, which it sort of reminds me of soundwise, at least the "murkyness" it has. I admit that Autechre hasn't been on my playlist as much as it used to, but I could see this getting much heavier rotation than Oversteps or MoT.

Holy shit, I think Exai has pretty much universal praise from WATMM, which is like unheard of. I'm happy to say that this album is marvelous, they really outdid themselves with this one. Such a crazy range of their previous styles, psychedelic and insane while remaining totally accessible. I think the second disc would have been great on its own, but I am ecstatic that there are two discs of some of Ae's best material. And that's just after my first listen, these are just going to get better with time as always.

Guest disoriental express

late to the party, getting the files now *exaited*

YOU WILL BE KILLED AND RESURRECTED 17 TIMES WHILE LISTENING TO EXAI

velcome

Edited by disoriental express

For those that have managed to get the 24 bit wavs and are able to get onto bleep again, can you flag to them the glitch on T ess Xi so they don't just think it's me being stupid (the Contact button is on the main menu on the left of their page). I've sent them a rather detailed message along with an upload of the section affected but I'm sure they'll just dismiss me as doing something wrong rather than admit it's a problem at their end. However if you all do it they should at least consider looking into the problem !

Just made it to recks on. This just gets better and better. I was a defender of Oversteps, in a 'remember how happy we were when we made Amber' kind of a way, but this is just in a different league. I'm actually glad I have a 4 hour train journey tomorrow night...

Edited by tetrode

tumblr_m9kz51xxUm1qesvhwo1_500.gif

(deco Loc vocals!)

Transcribed to the best of my abilities

Aahh ahh ah ahh ah ah ahh ah ah ahh ah hah

Aahh ahh ah ahh ah ah ahh duh ah ah ahh ah ah ahh ah

Muh oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhh ohh oh hh oh hoh ohhh ohhh ohh ohh oh ohhh ohh hohoh ooh

muah eh ehhh ehhh eheh eh he heh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eheheh eh eh

mugh ugh ugh ughugh ugh ughugh ugh ugh uuuugggghhhhh ugh

Ahh mugh mugh ahahah ohh ohh oh ohoho ahh mugh mugh mugh ah mugh mugh mugh ah muh muh ahaha muhuhuh

hahhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahaahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaahhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhhahahaahhahahahahahhhhhhh

jussjusjusjus....

jusjus....

jjjjj

jus....

jus..

just some....

jus.....

jussusususuususssus.

jusususss.

j....

boah...

jusssussss.