IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

thanks to a kind soul i'm listening to keyosc. finally a worthy japanese bonus track again

on my 3rd listen now. (noticed 1 second of silence on recks on at 7:55/7:56 on the 24bit files)

2nd half of irlite (get 0) now. just great. the hole thing.

highlights - Yjy Ux, cloudline, spl9

"downlights" - not really at this point - if i have to pin one, then it would be runrepik and prac-f, that i wish to be longer but they are not bad at all.

i think it's my first post here on this Ae forum and I must say you guys are fun to lurk all the way this Exai thing started. I liked ever bit of it.

My opinion about Exai is, that it's one of they ripest and richest achievements they've done to date and I think it might be a bridge to they recent live stuff, if that's the Haeven to approach to. I wish to see a live tour too. Seen them only once in Berlin 2010.

All in all I'm utterly overwhelmed with this exaiting new (hopefully not last) release.

And sorry if I have the chutzpah to ask as newcomer on this board.

Enjoy the Exaitement!

Phling and others who obtained an Analog 4, are you hearing it on here? I feel like the entire synth noise breakdown on track 1 is ridiculous tweaking of all the modulation parameters on an A4 voice patch, sounds so fucking good. *shits self*

Just in terms of timescale there's no way there's any analog 4 on here. Album will have largely been written 1-2 years ago, I can't imagine there were any A4s outside elektron hq before last summer at the earliest.

yeah, realistically its not likely. Hearing a lot of analog synth type sounds on here. There is plenty of FM synth but it doesn't sound digital or like any yamaha to me

irlite (get 0) is a fucking masterpiece. It's a miniature symphony. Fuck. The multiple movements and permutations.

I'm convinced the second section of the track (the part from 4:30 onwards) didn't exist until my second listen. Have Autechre somehow invented the procedurally generated sound file ?

It's a beauty is that irlite (get 0). You need to keep skipping back and listening to it. I'm only on track 8 although i've been listening for an hour and a half.. Keep skipping back convinced nothing can better track 2.

Guest pixelives

Phling and others who obtained an Analog 4, are you hearing it on here? I feel like the entire synth noise breakdown on track 1 is ridiculous tweaking of all the modulation parameters on an A4 voice patch, sounds so fucking good. *shits self*

Just in terms of timescale there's no way there's any analog 4 on here. Album will have largely been written 1-2 years ago, I can't imagine there were any A4s outside elektron hq before last summer at the earliest.

>

though I'm pretty sure they were Beta-ing the Octa during the Oversteps tour. Remembering all this talk of "mystery black box" on stage.

hearing lots of MD and MnM however here and there..

yeah, realistically its not likely. Hearing a lot of analog synth type sounds on here. There is plenty of FM synth but it doesn't sound digital or like any yamaha to me

Sounds nice, yes. Anti-aliasing algorithms got better, i guess.

when you said a lot of FM synth was on this i was expecting LP5 style very characteristic yamaha tweakage. Hearing none of that on here so far. The FM modulation sounds much different than any previous AE album besides maybe Move of Ten

thanks to a kind soul i'm listening to keyosc. finally a worthy japanese bonus track again

on my 3rd listen now. (noticed 1 second of silence on recks on at 7:55/7:56 on the 24bit files)

2nd half of irlite (get 0) now. just great. the hole thing.

highlights - Yjy Ux, cloudline, spl9

"downlights" - not really at this point - if i have to pin one, then it would be runrepik and prac-f, that i wish to be longer but they are not bad at all.

i think it's my first post here on this Ae forum and I must say you guys are fun to lurk all the way this Exai thing started. I liked ever bit of it.

My opinion about Exai is, that it's one of they ripest and richest achievements they've done to date and I think it might be a bridge to they recent live stuff, if that's the Haeven to approach to. I wish to see a live tour too. Seen them only once in Berlin 2010.

All in all I'm utterly overwhelmed with this exaiting new (hopefully not last) release.

And sorry if I have the chutzpah to ask as newcomer on this board.

Enjoy the Exaitement!

this guy

they could've finished some tracks on this as recently as...when did we get a track list? a couple months ago, maybe? yeah, then. this all could've been written within the last 6 months to a year, easily. and if what one of them said was true about doing 'just programming' for like a full year after Oversteps/MoT, then yeah, that's likely i'd say. i have no idea what the A4 is y'all are talking about, just saying.

when you said a lot of FM synth was on this i was expecting LP5 style very characteristic yamaha tweakage. Hearing none of that on here so far. The FM modulation sounds much different than any previous AE album besides maybe Move of Ten

I'm not sure if this relates to the FM percussion used on a couple of tracks on Move of Ten...*shrugs*

Finished the first 'cd', this amount of new autechre is almost a bit too overwhelming for me. I'm going to try and hold out on the 2nd cd until tomorrow I think, give the first 9 tracks a bit of a chance to digest.

Finished the first 'cd', this amount of new autechre is almost a bit too overwhelming for me. I'm going to try and hold out on the 2nd cd until tomorrow I think, give the first 9 tracks a bit of a chance to digest.

Just finished the second disc myself and am getting the impression that I'm not appreciating it as much as I should after the sheer assault on the senses of disc one. Might start with disc 2 tomorrow morning.

Guest the anonymous forumite

This may very well be Autechre's best album. They reinvented themselves, going way beyond all expectations, yet including many eras of their discography. I'm literally floored.

Guest the anonymous forumite

production on this record is fucking amazing, unlike untilted.

Edited by the anonymous forumite

RE the corrupt T ess XI 24 bit wav. Already heard back from the lovely folks at bleep:

Hi there,

We have now replaced this file.

You could download the whole lot again now, or if you wish to wait we will be circulating a single track download option for that file we will be circulating in the morning.

Best wishes

Bleep Support

There's only 1 thing i don't like about Exai...> This is their the least dynamic album so far.

Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.0
log date: 2013-02-08 00:40:17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Autechre / Exai
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR8 0.00 dB -9.73 dB 4:51 01-Fleure
DR5 0.00 dB -7.59 dB 10:01 02-irlite (get 0)
DR6 0.00 dB -7.88 dB 4:20 03-prac-f
DR6 0.00 dB -6.78 dB 4:14 04-jatevee C
DR7 0.00 dB -9.22 dB 6:43 05-T ess xi
DR8 0.00 dB -9.78 dB 6:42 06-vekoS
DR7 0.00 dB -7.99 dB 6:43 07-Flep
DR6 0.00 dB -8.64 dB 3:40 08-tuinorizn
DR10 0.00 dB -12.52 dB 12:19 09-bladelores
DR9 0.00 dB -10.78 dB 7:18 10-1 1 is
DR7 0.00 dB -10.10 dB 8:40 11-nodezsh
DR8 0.00 dB -9.70 dB 4:35 12-runrepik
DR9 0.00 dB -10.01 dB 7:06 13-spl9
DR11 0.00 dB -12.79 dB 10:13 14-cloudline
DR8 0.00 dB -9.69 dB 5:27 15-deco Loc
DR8 0.00 dB -9.69 dB 9:21 16-recks on
DR7 0.00 dB -10.19 dB 8:24 17-YJY UX

Number of tracks: 17
Official DR (average) value: DR8