IGNORED

Squarepusher is the worst musician any sane person could ever listen to

Guest Adam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last release I really enjoyed was Venus #17 EP. The Steinvord EP was better than anything he has released since then. At least we have this new kid making mental breaks-dnb-bass-something music and doing it good, because no one else can pull it off as well.

That of course assuming he is not someone we already know (not some new random kid) and assuming he will release anything else ever again. Grant said they would release the EP in digital format and/or new tracks, as far as i can remember. Not a single word since then.

Why do they even have a Rephlex website to begin with?

The last release I really enjoyed was Venus #17 EP. The Steinvord EP was better than anything he has released since then. At least we have this new kid making mental breaks-dnb-bass-something music and doing it good, because no one else can pull it off as well.

That of course assuming he is not someone we already know (not some new random kid) and assuming he will release anything else ever again. Grant said they would release the EP in digital format and/or new tracks, as far as i can remember. Not a single word since then.

Interesting take on Steinvord. You should start a seperate thread on the matter.

Gay vocals. A snare that is a disgrace to all snares. Boring. Repetetive. Boring. Gay. Unoriginal.

are you 13 years old or something?

no he's 11 and has an unoriginal gay crush on Chris Clark. end of story.

Interesting take on Steinvord. You should start a seperate thread on the matter.

I could care less about the subject. supposably Steinvord is some kind of pseudoname under which two well-known IDM artists are collaborating but for all intensive purposes a specualtion thread would come to no new conclusions in the absence of 'pecific information. stop making Rephlex an escape goat for all yuor frustrations with this doggy dog world we live in.

Wow, that's exactly what I was thinking when I jokingly suggested someone start another Steinvord thread.

I could care less about the subject. supposably Steinvord is some kind of pseudoname under which two well-known IDM artists are collaborating but for all intensive purposes a specualtion thread would come to no new conclusions in the absence of 'pecific information. stop making Rephlex an escape goat for all yuor frustrations with this doggy dog world we live in.

i can really emphasize with your points their but I think ur bias because your Steinvord

irregardless i would still leik Rephlex too stop making lies just 2 maximilze prophets

His sound palette got worse that's for sure. Ceephax suffers from the same problem, he can't make lush sounds with all that gear, thankfully the compositions save the tracks.

Ceephax has always had this problem IMO.

TJ was lush as shit, though.

His sound palette got worse that's for sure. Ceephax suffers from the same problem, he can't make lush sounds with all that gear, thankfully the compositions save the tracks.

Ceephax has always had this problem IMO.

TJ was lush as shit, though.

Don't agree with that statement. Ceephax has made plenty of 'lush' tracks before, he just hasn't been going for that vibe recently.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I will love 'Feed me...', 'Hard Normal Daddy', and 'Big Loada' forever. If all I had to listen to was 'Theme from Ernest Borgnine', 'Port Rumbus' and 'Vic Acid' for the rest of my life, I wouldn't mind. But he can't keep rehashing those ideas for 20 years. I thought Shobaleader was great.

In my opinion, Tom's biggest strength has always been his drum work. And ever since his music has been more focused on bass guitar, or more simplistic beats, it has become increasingly worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pLcw-3wXGg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3uz3f1zYHU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dunno, saw him at Bestival over the weekend and I couldn't link the bloke having a midlife crisis wearing flashing lights on his face with the same man who created Ultravisitor.

• 2 weeks later...

just read this thread. not as many lols as i expected but p good.

I must say i take issue with the argument made by a few people that one can't criticize music unless one makes music that is better than what one is criticizing. that's absurd.

• 1 month later...

I don't make any music. Does that mean I am not allowed to criticise? Damn, how can I delete my 700+ reviews from the internet? :cerious:

Really, that is utter nonsense. I know that kind of attitude from the Hip Hop scene where the first thing you hear when you criticise an MC is: "Do it better! Let's battle and we'll see who is good or bad." This is really missing the point.

I don't make any music. Does that mean I am not allowed to criticise? Damn, how can I delete my 700+ reviews from the internet? :cerious:

Yea, I've been told that's how it works by some dude on here. Because of this rule, there's A LOT of things in life I can't have an opinion on.

Archived