IGNORED

questions you have always wanted to ask but scared to in case you would look stupid

Guest isaki

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not trying to be racist but...

Why do black people love Popeye's chicken so much? My girlfriend and I went there for the first time tonight realizing we'd never actually had it and I don't think I will be going back. It was extremely overpriced and the chicken itself was really unimpressive, dare I say kinda gross. Seriously, Mc Donald's has better chicken. Despite all this the place was full of people, we were the only non-black couple in there, it was a little awkward. But seriously, why is it so highly regarded?

It's probably

I'm not trying to be racist but...

Why do black people love Popeye's chicken so much? My girlfriend and I went there for the first time tonight realizing we'd never actually had it and I don't think I will be going back. It was extremely overpriced and the chicken itself was really unimpressive, dare I say kinda gross. Seriously, Mc Donald's has better chicken. Despite all this the place was full of people, we were the only non-black couple in there, it was a little awkward. But seriously, why is it so highly regarded?

You need a much bigger sample size before making a generalization like that. :cerious:

Also control factors and all that silly stuff.

I used to eat Popeye's chicken every now and then. It was actually pretty good. Way better than Mcdonald's. Also their biscuits are great.

Also also, lol at "not trying to be racist" which inevitably betrays racist thoughts

why did super lurker ultra v12 get banned, and how come his name keeps cropping up in the list of "members who have visited today"? is it because he keeps trying to log back in but finds he's banned? maybe he has Alzheimer's :sad: bad feels

=[

RIP in peace!

^LOL

In my experience Popeyes has the best fast food chicken.

Nah man fucking Church's Chicken - most of the time. Popeye's is ok, really all depends on who the franchise owner is of either chain. The only time I found a piece of fried chicken with an intact feather still attached was Popeye's, and it was on on a USAF base. KFC is overrated as fuck though.

Guest Frankie5fingers

the reason Blacks find Popeye's more appealing than other races is because of its history. its a Louisiana originating company that always advertises itself as a company proud of its southern style of cooking. which a lot of the southern cooking culture is based on black cultural foods. its no more a racist thing than when you see a bunch of Chinese people at a Chinese restaurant or Indians at an Indian restaurant etc.

now, whether its good or not i don't know. ive never eaten at one.

Soul food (or fast food shit marketed as soul food) is popular with the culture that created soul food? Difficult concept, man.

I'm glad I live near a Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles.

Although, man, soul food will sap your health points quickly as fuck if you eat it too much. Maybe I should not be moving even closer to Roscoe's.

Guest Aserinsky

why did super lurker ultra v12 get banned, and how come his name keeps cropping up in the list of "members who have visited today"? is it because he keeps trying to log back in but finds he's banned? maybe he has Alzheimer's :sad: bad feels

=[

RIP in peace!

RIP SLUv12

:(

Guest Frankie5fingers

Soul food (or fast food shit marketed as soul food) is popular with the culture that created soul food? Difficult concept, man.

I'm glad I live near a Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles.

Although, man, soul food will sap your health points quickly as fuck if you eat it too much. Maybe I should not be moving even closer to Roscoe's.

all i gotta say is

457850.jpg

Guest Aserinsky

In England, if "mad" means crazy and "pissed" means drunk, what is the common word for angry besides "angry"?

We have quite a few :cisfor:

*Note the following is only applicable for Southern England, Northerners may very well have different phrases*

Arsey

Pissed off

Fucked off

Hacked off

Cuntish

Off on one

Losing it a bit / Lost it

Going a bit / acting a bit / proper schitz (can be replaced with psycho)
Lost the plot
Proper mental
Sure this is a very short list, but in the UK we usually use synonyms for anger and crazy interchangeably.

Guest Lucy Faringold

other favourites include:

narked

raging

miffed

spare (as in "angry? he's gone fucking spare, mate")

losing your rag (this is about as angry as you can get)

Wow, fairly healthy lists, thanks!

Arsey

Cuntish

Off on one

Losing it a bit / Lost it

Going a bit / acting a bit ...

Proper mental

I've heard all these before but I didn't realize they meant angry. Except maybe the first two - in America you might say "being an ass" or "being a cunt" rather than using them as adjectives, except those are more similar to meanness than anger.

Lost the plot

I've heard this before too & I love this one. I thought it had something to do with going crazy or being really high (e.g. monged out, zoning, spacing out) or something but I didn't realize it could also mean angry.

Sure this is a very short list, but in the UK we usually use synonyms for anger and crazy interchangeably.

Ah, that makes sense. I like that. Seems appropriate.

narked

raging

miffed

spare (as in "angry? he's gone fucking spare, mate")

losing your rag (this is about as angry as you can get)

Interesting, I've never heard these before except "miffed" which I didn't think was an England thing, I thought it was just kind of obscure. That last one sounds like PMS or something?

Guest Lucy Faringold

That last one sounds like PMS or something?

No, it's used for men or women. I believe rag is an old slang term for tongue which has since fallen out of use.

Guest Aserinsky

Yeah Lucy did fill out a few that I had forgotten to mention, never come across narked before though. Is that an exclusively Scottish colloquialism?

Archived