IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Fair enough, as long as you don't show him where the escape hole is located, just blindfold him until he's in the tunnel, then just point the direction that you want him to dig. heh.

silly tts enabled convos with friends

robotsvoices are hilarious, watmm should have a tts subforum i dont think id survive

Edited by vincentvc

Everything I own fits into one regular sized backpack

except for my synthesizer which I carry around under my arm

and my land in New Brunswick which a homeless guy squats on

jealous

silly tts enabled convos with friends

robotsvoices are hilarious, watmm should have a tts subforum i dont think id survive

yes

• 3 weeks later...

Accepted a job offer with a local land surveying company. Put in my two weeks at my office job today.

[ I've been waiting to do this for over a year. :happy: ]

Accepted a job offer with a local land surveying company. Put in my two weeks at my office job today.

Congratulations man! I remember how good it felt when I quit my last job. =D

Congratulations man! I remember how good it felt when I quit my last job. =D

Thanks! Yeah it's a good feeling. Long overdue. Bit bittersweet today because I told the supervisor whom I really like and he's sad to see me go but also happy for my new opportunity.

But there's still some of this vibe in my head, especially as I imagine others in the office finding out...

fuck yeah, machetes and Leica Total Stations FTW

congrats

Edited by baph

fuck yeah, machetes and Leica Total Stations FTW

congrats

Oh yeah...chainsaws as well.

I think they use Sokkia. People seem to prefer Leica but oh well, it's all in the dangle of the angle at the end of the day. Going to be using Trimble GPS a lot as well.

I'm glad I'm doing field work to start because I am not looking forward to State Plane coordinate-induced headaches in AutoCAD. At least not yet.

Congrats on the new job josh, wow it didn't seem to take long for you to study surveying and now start a career in it.

Yeah you know, it's been under a year, not that bad. It just felt longer, almost like limbo. My co-workers and boss now had no idea I was taking night classes. I didn't slack off but mentally I checked out awhile ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I worked on a track I was struggling with and really got somewhere - it's so exciting when you discover something new, it's taken a surprisingly miserable direction and I love it. Not gonna post it till it's finished I don't think now

Not saying I love my own track btw =] what I love is the miserable direction I wasn't expecting

After just around a year at my job doing OK stuff I get a meeting telling me they don't want to lose me so they gave me the job that's finally kicking off my career.

After just around a year at my job doing OK stuff I get a meeting telling me they don't want to lose me so they gave me the job that's finally kicking off my career.

Awesome! (unless you work for ChildMurderers inc.?)

Awesome! (unless you work for ChildMurderers inc.?)

Fortunately not. I now realise I was very vague. I'm a web developer for an e-commerce business.

• 2 weeks later...

i sold my house and made some money and now i'm totally debt free for the first time in 12 years and can buy a studio!!!!

downside is i moved back in with the parents but thats ok really cause their house is lush and they like good wine and cheese.