IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I just listened to The Dankward Spiral for the first time in 15 years and I thoroughly enjoyed it. it kind of blew me away a little actually, I was hearing things in there that I don't remember at all. after just skimming all the post-Fragile output for the last x years and growing increasingly weary with the extra-emoting Trent I had sort of tarnished the earlier work in my mind, but this record is a stone-cold classic and much better than I remember.

Yeah, TDS is a legit masterpiece.

As a follow-up to my super depressive post in the FWP thread. The operation went fine and my girlfriend is feeling a lot better plus my dad has asked for help which he has NEVER done before. So things are going in the right direction again.

As a follow-up to my super depressive post in the FWP thread. The operation went fine and my girlfriend is feeling a lot better plus my dad has asked for help which he has NEVER done before. So things are going in the right direction again.

(internet hug)

Glad things are going the right way again. It's nice to see the collective FWP/RWP become successes or just for life to become better for peeps on this forum.

That is indeed promising. I can empathize with the situation regarding your dad.

I thought I was all out of weed and really wanted a few puffs this morning, just happened to throw on a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in a while and while checking pockets sure enough, there's a little nug shoved down in the pocket that must have fallen out of a baggie, it's not a lot but it's enough for today!

Got the results for the last 2 modules to complete my degree and pretty happy with it. Because of that I'm getting a pay rise this month. We have a pay review of up to 5% increase in yearly pay but my pay increase due to the degree was going to be much more than 5% so I'm getting that. Turns out, I'm actually getting both the chunk, and full 5%. Also, got employee of the month, £50 Amazon voucher and £20 starbucks. I don't drink coffee but I'm partial to a bun, so I guess I can pop in to one every now and then.

I can now afford to move into a place on my own without being too skint every month.

Made some bomb-ass po' boy sandwiches at work today. Our maintenance guy loved it, my boss loved it, everyone else seemed to approve too.

Audioblysk, if we ever meet up again, how about we do a culinary collab, Cajun style? If you got the gumbo covered, I got the po' boys.

Made some bomb-ass po' boy sandwiches at work today. Our maintenance guy loved it, my boss loved it, everyone else seemed to approve too.

Audioblysk, if we ever meet up again, how about we do a culinary collab, Cajun style? If you got the gumbo covered, I got the po' boys.

I do love me a Po' Boy!

I'm 100% behind the idea of a Cajun cookout collaboration. By the end we shall morph in to one normal-sized Paul Prudhomme. Mecha-PaulPrudhomme, with the power of a thousand pork's.

5189RLb-gRL._SX368_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Haha word. I've watched plenty of Cajun cooking by Emeril Lagasse in my youth, but Prudhomme seems like the no frills type.

Edited by ambermonk

I just bought Jupiter from the Zorphaxians. Cost me like 150 quadrillion CAD equivalent, but it was worth it.

Jupiter is dope as fuck. Makes me realize just how ghetto Earth is, with its forests and oceans and Detroit.

Haha word. I've watched plenty of Cajun cooking by Emeril Lagasse in my youth, but Prudhomme seems like the no frills type.

Prudhomme could cook that furry little Ewok under the table any day in the realm of Cajun/Creole. He mentored Legasse, but every super good chef I've ever worked under never gives away all the secrets. A family friend passed a crawfish etouffee recipe from Mr. P that he taught to a their culinary course as a guest lecture back in the 1980's. I didn't get the hype until they scanned it over and I made it, there were so many little nuances and long-preps I never would have thought of that he included when teaching the demo. Luckily, my mothers friend was meticulous about including that stuff. I'm a 2nd generation Irish person who loves Cajun food - that in itself is a first world achievement

WATMM PNW Cajun Cookout - Coming Soon

I just bought Jupiter from the Zorphaxians. Cost me like 150 quadrillion CAD equivalent, but it was worth it.

Jupiter is dope as fuck. Makes me realize just how ghetto Earth is, with its forests and oceans and Detroit.

How's the acid out there? Always wanted to visit Jupiter.

• 2 weeks later...