IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I feel your pain! I'm just glad the CRTC (our regulating body) finally stepped in and said enough is enough!

I have to pay almost $200 a month for cable/internet/phone and half of it is stuff I don't need but I'm forced to buy =(

Cable? In 2015? 4 realz?

Come on Stephen "ain't nuttin but a" G "Thang"... Ditch that like a hooker with herpes.

Unless you're a huge sports nut. But even then, you can get all your shit online.

I have a tv. But I don't have cable.

And wait...are you saying you have a landline as well?

Cable? In 2015? 4 realz?

Come on Stephen "ain't nuttin but a" G "Thang"... Ditch that like a hooker with herpes.

Unless you're a huge sports nut. But even then, you can get all your shit online.

I have a tv. But I don't have cable.

And wait...are you saying you have a landline as well?

You're speaking in chineses =(

no I'm kidding.

I have a 100mbps line for internet, a landline (fee is marginal, like $15 a month... used it to talk to my dad all the time when he was alive), and whatever telus considers "cable"..? I have like 1200 channels and only watch 10 of them. haha

you know you can call land lines from cell phones right? lol j/k j/k

Seriously, get on a corporate plan for your cell phone, ditch telus and move to shaw for your internet, and don't look back.

lol I'll check into it.

For unlimited calling Canada and US on a land line it was like $20 or something, but rogers wanted to charge me $40!

I remember now, that's the reason I didn't just put long distance on my cell.

A few months ago Rogers emailed me that my plan now automatically covers all north america so I guess I can get rid of my land line!

I managed to snag a corporate plan..60 bucks a month for unlimited calling/texting plus 6GB data a month.

They should also give you an activation credit of 400$

So probably worth it for you to check it out.

160 pounds a months rent must be like living in someones cupboard in Easterhouse or something. It doesn't compute. Carpets needing shampooing, etc. Only person i ever heard about paying that little rent was a toff twit from my home town who moved out to the city to continue his life as a useless bum, was about 28 and living with the aid of mummykins who owned the flat. She wanted to give him some adult responsibility and started charging 120 rent, he had a man tantrum and jumped out the window of the flat onto spike railings. Spoilt brat never knew how good he had it.

Nope, this was in ibrox with a 6 metre x 5 metre bedroom + bay window, kitchen the same size. bathroom was tiny, but all you do in there is poo. Right on the subway line. Ive just moved and im now paying 280 for a slightly smaller room in a much nicer area, much posher flat too. Glasgow is just not an expensive place to live, minus the west end.

Thanks guys :) yeah Herr Jan definitely a relief, though i'm still holding my breath somewhat for the meeting next week of course. Hope you finish yours soon (I mostly hated writing mine tbh hah!), best of luck! What's it about btw? Mine was about the residence rights of victims of human trafficking. I liked looking up information and everything. I kind of hated the part where I needed to write stuff down and make it sort of final. My supervisor didn't like my writing style either (my style is a bit formal / archaic at times), so I had to find this middle ground in my writing e.g. not too formal, not too stupid. Argh, anyways cheers! :beer: