IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

Reaper users :wub:

I was wondering that too - couldn't tell if that was just because whoever combined the two files did it in Reaper and then looked at the properties from there, or if the wavs showed somehow they were made in Reaper. Would love it if BoC used Reaper.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

The first file was linked in the IRC channel and it was nothing but static... but as soon as the two files were linked here, I downloaded them both and shoved them into audacity together without a second thought. No logic, just to see what might happen... I couldn't quite believe it when the now-familar chimes started up. For a brief moment, I thought an errant youtube window was running in the background! Just beaten to the punch to call out the numbers, but I felt like Ironside doing wheelies at that point :D

So their youtube playlist just changed again to Everything You Do is a Balloon.

Also someone pointed out that csch is the shortened for a cosecant in hyperbolic geometry (and also resembles Cosecha). Hyperbolic geometry describes curved surfaces (as opposed to Euclidean, which deals with flat planes) like spheres, or...A BALLOON SHAPED THING.

Shotgun the solution being something to do with plotting points in hyperbolic space.

btw, how is the thread on twoism only 20 pages? they're not real fans are they?

The discussion is split over at least 3 different threads, plus 3+ that were locked to keep things tidy.

Fuck this mystery bullshit.

So you're hating on this because they picked National Record Store Day to finally break the Radio Silence? BoC fans are a funny lot.

Im reaching hard here (not out of place in this forum :emotawesomepm9:) but has nobody else picked up on the capitalization of "Radio Silence" here? jussayin

Joyrex has been doing that for at least a year. And I called him on it last time too.

If that does end up being the title, I would have preferred New Clear Dawn. Radio Silence sounds too REM for my tastes. New Clear Dawn is badass.

Just because I capitalize Radio Silence doesn't mean I'm referencing anything like Lost Numbers Stations or Microwave Anxiety Syndrome...

"TH Cosecha Numbers Station Trail"

At the end of the twoism banner3.gif was the word "HDeuthanasia" which, when googled, turns up a computer virus called Hare Krishna from 1996. Oddly enough, the following youtube video about this was posted somewhere relevant (here? 2020k blog? IRC?) a few days ago. It doesn't seem to turn up any new information, though.

Posting this since I didn't see it in the last 3 or so pages.

Guest Warabou

At the end of the twoism banner3.gif was the word "HDeuthanasia" which, when googled, turns up a computer virus called Hare Krishna from 1996. Oddly enough, the following youtube video about this was posted somewhere relevant (here? 2020k blog? IRC?) a few days ago. It doesn't seem to turn up any new information, though.

Posting this since I didn't see it in the last 3 or so pages.

Yeah, it came up around the time we got the first or second number. People were using this site to find any meaning with hex numbers:

http://www.swingnote.com/tools/texttohex.php

and that video's embedded there, and "Markus Boc" in the title raised suspicion. Also, computing is one of the Julie and Candy key words.

In addition, since this wasn't in the previous three or four pages, twoism's banner was actually two .gifs stuck together. You can see this for yourself by opening it in a text editor and erasing all of the lines for the first gif (example: in vim, find "there is another", go to next line and :1,.d)

This is the second image

http://imgur.com/iUb1nGw

EDIT: so we assume that the soundcloud number is the second one.

The soundcloud links came from Twoism's banner image. I think several people discovered the strings inside of the header around the same time, I'm not sure who all found them exactly. The IRC channel is sort of chaotic. That gave us two soundcloud links, which someone put together to get the jingle.

All pretty exciting!

It's funny that it turned out to be the header image. I'd been running `strings` on any images I could find today. And finally one lead to something! This whole number search has been fun, but really killed my productivity.

Where did the soundcloud links come from? Who was first to discover them?

Check the twoism thread. http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10469&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=440

its very noisy but its in there. Seems legit, and seems very BoC as well, other than the (alleged) fact that they like twoism better than us.

Bit shocked, I am, really.

They seemed the skeptical sort.

But I'd like to be fawned over and worshiped as well, I suppose.

Guest Warabou

post-16432-0-53561300-1366941464_thumb.jpg

on the twoism site, there's a new banner showing a man who appears to be skydiving, and if you save that picture and then open it with a text editor, you get what's in the picture. Lots of nonsense stuff, but I highlighted the parts that gave two soundcloud links (they both start with snd.sc). that's where the soundcloud links came from

oh, and here's a picture of the HDEuthenasia thing inside the banner picture (it's at the very bottom of the huge list of text):

post-16432-0-19286300-1366941772_thumb.jpg

Check the twoism thread. http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10469&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=440

its very noisy but its in there. Seems legit, and seems very BoC as well, other than the (alleged) fact that they like twoism better than us.

Bit shocked, I am, really.

They seemed the skeptical sort.

But I'd like to be fawned over and worshiped as well, I suppose.

autechre named a track about a watmm joke. that's much cooler.

plus it's not done yet anyway...

which one? Keyosc?

please explain, jules.

which one? Keyosc?

please explain, jules.

somebody posted a link to a site that mistakenly mentioned an Autechre release titled 'Kiosk', I think maybe not long after Oversteps/Move of Ten were released. This led to a running joke about a 'lost' release with the same name, or predictions that the next album would have that title.. and then a few album art predictions surfaced.

post-161-0-08299400-1348323516_thumb.jpg

which one? Keyosc?

please explain, jules.

somebody posted a link to a site that mistakenly mentioned an Autechre release titled 'Kiosk', I think maybe not long after Oversteps/Move of Ten were released. This led to a running joke about a 'lost' release with the same name, or predictions that the next album would have that title.. and then a few album art predictions surfaced.

thanks...assumed so

Archived