IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest setanor

how did someone get the raw id-tagged wav files from the soundcloud pages?

There was initially a download link that has since been disabled

I could wait for much longer, just getting some confirmation tat they're still making music and that a new album is coming up is enough to keep me satisfied. Fuck radio silence.

edit: in response to apriorion. /cool story bro

I showed this to a friend and colleague who's not a BoC fan but likes a good puzzle and is a Constraint Programming wizard, and he came up with this: if we cling desperately to the idea of the digit sums of the digit sums of the rows being 11/10/9/8/7/6, with the NPR number in the second row ("snow") and the new one in the fifth (for no other particular reason; are there many beards on twoism.org?), then the only remaining six-digit number that could make the digit sums of the digit sums of the columns also be 11/10/9/8/7/6 is 536726, which would go in the first row.

In other words:
5 3 6 7 2 6
6 9 9 7 4 2
7 1 7 2 2 8
9 3 6 5 5 7
6 2 8 3 1 5
5 1 9 2 2 5
Here's his tweet about it, with a link to the code for his MiniZinc (a Constraint Programming system) model.
I know the banner1.gif makes this seem unlikely, but for what it's worth, there it is -- or isn't.

Guest Capt Kittinger

I know the banner1.gif makes this seem unlikely, but for what it's worth, there it is -- or isn't.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but banner1.gif has a 2nd gif hidden inside it, which clearly indicates position 2 for the latest code.

From Twoism:

I'll explain how to get this image:

i) take your hex-editor

ii) notice that all gifs are v89a, so they start with the letters "GIF89a"

iii) go to the offset where the soundcloud links are hidden

iv) notice the "there is another" hint

v) which is followed by a GIF89a and some more binary stuff

vi) copy everything beginning from this GIF89a and paste it into a new file

vii) voila, the new file is the shown one.

So this is confirmed, the new numbers go into gap 2.

Guest Warabou

Yeah, almost certainly fake :P Good effort though. I doubt we'll get another YouTube clue, considering each clue's been delivered differently.

probably right,also, i think they chose twoism rather than watmm cuz watmm is concerned with a lot of artists whereas twoism is pretty much a boc fan site imo

Indeed, plus the Twoism powerbase would lose their shit if they decided to engage with WATMM :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Warabou

probably right,also, i think they chose twoism rather than watmm cuz watmm is concerned with a lot of artists whereas twoism is pretty much a boc fan site imo

Also it helped with their hint when they put three different Twoism vids at the top of their playlist. There's no WATMM vid so that would look a bit silly :P

Sorry if this sounds dumb but could "1977/snow/computing/amateur footage/beards/synthesizer" be the pad?

I've though that as well, but I don't know how it would work. I'm not a good cryptographer

technically anything could work as a key

whether it has 36 characters or 90 characters or 3 characters

say you were gonna use "1977/snow/computing/amateur footage/beards/synthesizer" as the key:

the first number of the 36-number code would be offset by 1

the second would be offset by 9

the third and fourth would be offset by 7

the fifth would be offset by 18 (s - a = 19 - 1)

the sixth would offset by 13 (n - a = 14 - 1)

etc

if the key has less than 36 characters then you'd just repeat it

like if it was just "snow"

you would use "snowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnow"

(I think...I might be wrong I'm a cryptography n00b)

I think Cosecha is a project name they've used for this 'treasure hunt'. Means they can speak to people/Zane Lowe/Warp!? etc about the project without giving away the album title.

Archived