IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

It's 26 days till release.  I wonder if they'll be able to keep it from leaking and just release the digital copy at the last minute before a leak.   Kinda like Exai...

Exai didn't leak, it was intentionally released earlier by a month, just like Oversteps and Move of Ten

It's 26 days till release. I wonder if they'll be able to keep it from leaking and just release the digital copy at the last minute before a leak. Kinda like Exai...

Exai didn't leak, it was intentionally released earlier by a month, just like Oversteps and Move of Ten

Yeah I know, I just felt like because it wasn't a exactly a month before but a few days after that, it felt like they held onto it for as long as they could before putting it out. I'm probably wrong in thinking this but it was just a feeling, because didn't Oversteps leak before the early release? I'm probably imagining things that never happened... (going days with less than 2 hours of sleep a night is seriously taking a toll on me...)

It's 26 days till release. I wonder if they'll be able to keep it from leaking and just release the digital copy at the last minute before a leak. Kinda like Exai...

Yeah I know, I just felt like because it wasn't a exactly a month before but a few days after that, it felt like they held onto it for as long as they could before putting it out. I'm probably wrong in thinking this but it was just a feeling, because didn't Oversteps leak before the early release? I'm probably imagining things that never happened... (going days with less than 2 hours of sleep a night is seriously taking a toll on me...)

But perhaps it was a pre-emptive leak because physical production was about to begin? (I've no idea how long it takes to produce all the physical stuff before release day).

no, you're right - Oversteps did leak (radio broadcast rip that was shitty), but that didn't precipitate the early release.

no, you're right - Oversteps did leak (radio broadcast rip that was shitty), but that didn't precipitate the early release.

Ahh right, okay. I see now, thanks.

As for T'H, I can definitely wait until the release date and would prefer it if they didn't put it out early. Got a ton of things keeping me busy and a few things within the next month I'm looking forward to greatly.

Ahh right, okay. I see now, thanks.

As for T'H, I can definitely wait until the release date and would prefer it if they didn't put it out early. Got a ton of things keeping me busy and a few things within the next month I'm looking forward to greatly.

I think if they were gonna release it early, it'd have already happened by now. It would've been cool, but no matter. I've got plenty of records to listen to.

how lame would it be if they released it 'early' on June 9th?

incredibly lame.

I'd love it if Norman Records put up samples of each track like what happened with Exai.

the Exai samples thing actually caused more harm than good, as loads of people who liked the actual release, heard the initial samples on Norman and Juno and didn't like them.

Guest P0rtralia

There is a rumour a new track will be played next Monday on the Vic Galloway show BBC Radio Scotland at 20:05

Somebody called our attention to this earlier: on Bleep's product description for this album, it merely says something like "The day we thought would never arrive...". Maybe there's a double-meaning here, but taken at face-value, that's a douchey thing for Bleep to write. Isn't Bleep a subsidiary of Warp? So, as representatives of Warp, doesn't this comment kinda make Bleep sound like whiny bitches? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not unsympathetic to the point they're making (again, prima facie interpretation), but it's not very professional for the label or its commercial distributor to bitch about the wait in the goddamn product description, right? What about something along the lines of "We have all been looking forward to this for a very long time, ..." or "We are proud to announce the long-awaited return of...", etc.?

I never really saw it as bitching, it seemed more like a sigh of relief that boards of canada are still active and making music.

Or perhaps there's the reality that Boards didn't let anyone know what was going on regarding the album and finally said something when they knew themselves it was time to release it.

Great news about the single (I wonder which track) being played on Monday - I have a feeling after the single, we may hear more about any digital pre-release (fingers, toes and whatever else can be crossed crossed)

I have an ear boner

Please be the equivalent to Jergen's when your new sound caresses my ear shaft, BoC.

Edited by lo-fi