IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Guest Papillon

Re: Thequiteus review

Not sure I understand why he used the word "fatigue" but boy does this record sound dope as fuck. I can't imagine it being bad based on this review.

I'm a little ashamed to admit this but I've been noticing a lot of dipshit friends of friends on Facebook who are 'liking' the BOC pages, and video from yesterday, these are people who rock out to carly jepson, so I'm very glad to read that this will be a less accessible album. When something is as good as BOC you kind of don't want to share it with the general public...If my mom starts liking my BOC related posts I'm going to pretend to start listening to megadeath.

I was excited at first with the updates on the bleep orders, thinking we might get it a little earlier, but now I realize it probably will stay on "in progress" until the 20th or something

Stop false hope giving updates on bleep orders

Generally Bleep are very good with sending out orders so that they're a bit early. I've noticed that if I preorder a Warp artist release, I get it at least a day before the release date. I'm sure with one order I had it 5 days prior.

Not sure I understand why he used the word "fatigue" but boy does this record sound dope as fuck. I can't imagine it being bad based on this review.

I'm a little ashamed to admit this but I've been noticing a lot of dipshit friends of friends on Facebook who are 'liking' the BOC pages, and video from yesterday, these are people who rock out to carly jepson, so I'm very glad to read that this will be a less accessible album. When something is as good as BOC you kind of don't want to share it with the general public...If my mom starts liking my BOC related posts I'm going to pretend to start listening to megadeath.

not that there's anything wrong with it... but.. BOC has always been sort of an entry point for 'normals' to get into IDM. As far back as i can remember it's been this way. It wasn't really until BOC and Prefuse73 came along that my sister and a lot of people i know who aren't into electronic music started listening to Warp records.

I was excited at first with the updates on the bleep orders, thinking we might get it a little earlier, but now I realize it probably will stay on "in progress" until the 20th or something

Stop false hope giving updates on bleep orders

Generally Bleep are very good with sending out orders so that they're a bit early. I've noticed that if I preorder a Warp artist release, I get it at least a day before the release date. I'm sure with one order I had it 5 days prior.

I want to point out that in my post, "stop" should have been "stupid". Stop typo.

I couldn't agree with you more. Don't be ashamed, it's true. You don't want a million people loving them for the wrong reasons. It ruins it.

More people listening to something decent, surely that is not a bad thing?

That's what Pop music is. Eventually, money ruins the art. It always finds a way, and it's not a good thing.

maybe in this day and age lots of stuff on the internet requires no context anymore so more people are open to things they don't immediately understand or have any reason to like

maybe in this day and age lots of stuff on the internet requires no context anymore so more people are open to things they don't immediately understand or have any reason to like

very good !

DARK AS FUCK

boc and ae delivering on all cylinders? good god.

Yeah, but BoC won't fade as much as Exai has (for me) - While I love me some Exai, BoC, in any flavour, is like sex/best meal ever/puppy kisses and unicorn vomit all rolled into one!

More people listening to something decent, surely that is not a bad thing?

That's what Pop music is. Eventually, money ruins the art. It always finds a way, and it's not a good thing.

I think the problem is the potential lack of people falling in love with music - obsessing over certain bands and artists, becoming loyal patrons of certain labels and venues, listening to albums over and over again, finding a deeper relationship with other fans, etc. There's none of that with simply liking a song on youtube or re-posting something on FB or tumblr. I think younger kids will still find artists to obsess over and scenes to create (cassettes and niche labels are blowing up for instance) but it's certainly a different environment now. The days of listening and burning the same half-dozen CDs in middle school are over.

Not reading the track by track breakdown as I want my first impressions of all the tracks to be my own. That being said, the few paragraphs before the breakdown starts gave me a semi.

On first listen, it's their darkest, most dystopian record, sonically cluttered and a million miles away from the sentimental reverie of MHTRTC...

... my initial impression is that this will become the serious Boards of Canada fan's favourite album, but anybody who came in at The Campfire Headphase will probably be opting out.

I don't care how dark it is compared to Music Has, I want to know how dark it is compared to Geogaddi. Get your shit straight, reviewers

I know geogaddi is 'dark' but come on is that the only thing it is? Sonically it is very bright and sunny and hot in many places. And very warped and trippy. Geogaddi as 'dark' doesn't give it justice. Burial is dark, kryptic minds is dark, black sabbath is dark. Geogaddi is something different.

I know geogaddi is 'dark' but come on is that the only thing it is? Sonically it is very bright and sunny and hot in many places. And very warped and trippy. Geogaddi as 'dark' doesn't give it justice. Burial is dark, kryptic minds is dark, black sabbath is dark. Geogaddi is something different.

Geogaddi is more of a journey, similar to NIN's The Downward Spiral. It tells a story through the progression of songs.

Yeah that's a good point, I think "esoteric" is a better one-word descriptor. It's layered and cryptic, and things of that nature can be anything from frightening to glorious.

Guest Aces

The beauty of Boards of Canada's music is that it pulls me in many different directions. Sometimes with in the same song. Geogaddi is probably my favourite of their albums for this reason*, I can't listen to it often though.

*Not including the new one obviously, I haven't heard it.

This still makes me think Gemini is the track from the trailer (mins probably the TV static) Length fits, now description fits:

A fanfare of trumpets and we're off… The first noise you hear is eerie dissonance, which is promising. There's the faint sound of wind whistling in the background, evoking images of icy tundras. The mood is a bit unsettling. Panning synths in the style of Oneohtrix Point Never unfurl, along with something resembling vast synthesised panpipes. It's beatless. There are vague hints of trademark BOCian melodies penetrating the synthy murk. It's a wee bit Goblin/Umberto perhaps, and wouldn't sound out of place on the soundtrack to a Dario Argento flick.