IGNORED

Osla for n

zlemflolia

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

first 4 minutes have an intense buildup. the glass shard / worbly fx sounds that are in the background of the 'tame' main rhythm break up the tension from that main rhythm perfectly. listen to the hollow flute / glass / dunno what to call it sound at 3:27 and further out at loud volume. absolutely amazing sound and structure. i say the repetitive rhythm really has to be there to add the tension, and it also sounds to me kinda 90s industrial-that-never-existed or something.

then at 4 mins you get the spaceship background drone and other similar atmospherics, and it's just beautiful. one of their best tracks in years i say.

by the way, newbound's melody is of similar epic ness with its beautiful melody that's some kind of off world melancholy / something.

listened to these tracks so many times now and theyre just filled to the brim

Further thoughts: Enjoying this track more and more. My latest revelation is just how perfectly the main motif blurs the line between a rhythmic vs. melodic component of the sound.

Exactly, this is very Confieldy! I'd love a whole EP of this hypnotizing weirdness!

• 2 weeks later...

I can finally say that I really enjoy this track. There is some clever yet emotional composition. My least favourite from L-Event is the opener. I find it to be too basic and shallow (in Ae standards) and too much of a wow effect that quickly goes away.

I get more and more from this EP with every listen - Absolutely stellar release

And Osla For N is probably the highlight track for me. It's like going on a terrifying night drive through dark contry side lanes in a wild storm with your car on its last legs with you trying to get home in one piece. Completely dark and horrific - Love it !

I can finally say that I really enjoy this track. There is some clever yet emotional composition. My least favourite from L-Event is the opener. I find it to be too basic and shallow (in Ae standards) and too much of a wow effect that quickly goes away.

very well said.

Yeah I find the opener as bland and "ae by numbers" as the opener for Move of Ten, though it's a bit better.

very well said.

Yeah I find the opener as bland and "ae by numbers" as the opener for Move of Ten, though it's a bit better.

I love Etchogon-S. Much more interesting and deeper than tac Lacora.

• 1 month later...

Except for the really unsubtle overly obvious "whoa" change up at around the 2 minute mark, Tac Lacora is

pretty neat. Same gripe with prac-f, and around the same time mark 2 minutes funnily enough.

Maybe it will make sense with more listens, but it just seems like a really unwanted spanner in the works

section in both tracks.

Osla for n makes total sense, slow burning and hypnotic once you get used to the abrasive sounding main beat. Like Rob said it's the final danger zone before you're home

safe in Newbound.

My uncle suffers from recurring nightmares, in which no matter what happens the same stark, gruelling theme will appear every night. It's not only scary, but it carves away at his stamina, as it continues time and time again, as tedious and tiring as ever. Sometimes he realises he's is dreaming, seeing the same things he's sick of seeing every night, but powerless to escape it. It often disturbs and breaks up his sleep, leaving him weak and tired in the morning.

When I first heard Osla for n, it occured to me this track would make a brilliant musical analogy for this experience. The type of repetition here is obnoxious and uneven. From the moment the rhythym is heard at the beggining of the track, its distinctive, groaning timbre does not change at all, and we are left to endure its heavy blows over and over again. It is its own sickening, malevolent theme, which completely binds and throws itself at you for a prolonged length of time. It's the process of being startled, then coping with, then getting sick of the rhythmic motif of the track that paints the picture, and it is very powerful.

Archived