IGNORED

Place to chat about AAA thread

lumpenprol

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy shit jason

five bucks says that google doc gets posted to pitchfork or factmag or something

for real, I could see them taking their favorite Q and A and compiling it to draw more hits directly to their own pages

Qf32Q42.png

here is the collapsed structure to give you an idea...

fwiw this is the first mindmap i've ever made and i don't know best practices for organizing them, so expect inconsistencies and unintentional foolishness

That is some amazing stuff... good work!

i kinda feel bad for Limpyloo. While it was bound to extend past his original request I could see why'd be miffed at every asshole under the sun wanting sean and rob to name a piece of gear. I haven't seen him post in here since

Doesn't matter, they seemed cool at it, kiddoe started a watmm meme, should be proud. yeah it was kinda lame, lil sad, but then again maybe to some it really mattered what they called some lump 'o junk that could have been d/l'ed for free as a vst was blessed by hero's of blessed fantasy. AE din seem to mind, bless 'em (which they used properly) .. ;-] [-; ..

Guest jasondonervan

i kinda feel bad for Limpyloo. While it was bound to extend past his original request I could see why'd be miffed at every asshole under the sun wanting sean and rob to name a piece of gear. I haven't seen him post in here since

Thing with that is, I think it turned into a bit of an in-joke between the 'chre - you could tell that from how they were trying to out-do each other with ever-dafter names as time went on :watmm:

I think they took it with good humour. I'm fairly certain they would have told everyone to calm it down with the naming stuff, or just ignored it if it became too much for them. But this is from two blokes who did a marathon Q&A over five days answering almost everything thrown at them - ignoring questions doesn't seem to be in their nature...

I can't see why. it'd completely baffle me if anyone was miffed over that. it's just a bit of fun, not some super-serious exclusive "Autechre named my gear!" bragging right. they didn't take it seriously anyway, as was apparent from the funny names.

Who or what are the 'big 5'?

Yeah, I'm curious. Warp artists? Someone explain pls...

I'd say the 'Big 5' are: Aphex, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Squarepusher .... and I can't think of the 5th (Clark or maybe Plaid?)

I can't see why. it'd completely baffle me if anyone was miffed over that. it's just a bit of fun, not some super-serious exclusive "Autechre named my gear!" bragging right. they didn't take it seriously anyway, as was apparent from the funny names.

zole yeah, I kinda wish I'd jumped on that too. Though I did ask them to name my plush seal and they ignored it, aw.

Archived