IGNORED

Fred Phelps, Founder Of Westboro Baptist Church, Dead At Age 84

triachus

Fred Phelps -- the founding pastor of a Kansas church known for its virulently anti-gay protests at public events, including military funerals -- has died, the church said Thursday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/20/us/westboro-church-founder-dead/

RTuWqsR.gif

NaFjZF7.gif

Party_Hard.gif

1CbYr3y.gif

in b4 "ugh you shouldn't be happy about a person dying you'll be just like him" moralness

Hurray! But, wasn't Fred Phelps excommunicated recently? He wasn't exactly the biggest threat these days so I'd rather have that daughter of his suffer his fate, but hey, it's a good start.

edit: Oh, the facebook moralpics are popping up already...:

1157682_784285004915813_943486064_n.jpg

Sad to see him go; Phelps was a perfect foil for the Gay-Rights movement in that his antics served only to lampoon himself and his organization, inadvertently buoying the profile of the events and calamities that he directed his ire toward.

How many will picket his funeral?

That was my first though too. I'm guessing - A lot ...

It'd be really cool if it was just the construction worker from the Village People dumping his sad, limp body into a ditch with an excavator while this played:

There's a great quote that eludes me from The Fountainhead about 'forgetting people' being the ultimate death.

Let's just not bring up that guy anymore.

Guest fiznuthian

Who watched the Louis Theroux episode where he spends a week with the Phelps family? I thought it was interesting that they find everyone pretty much intolerable, but throughout the episode if becomes obvious many of them had taken a liking to Louis' charm despite constantly questioning their beliefs.

Who watched the Louis Theroux episode where he spends a week with the Phelps family? I thought it was interesting that they find everyone pretty much intolerable, but throughout the episode if becomes obvious many of them had taken a liking to Louis' charm despite constantly questioning their beliefs.

Fred came across more like a cunt than anyone else on there too. I know you'd think so cause he was big boss, but he was more infuriating than most of the others combined.

Guest fiznuthian

Fred came across more like a cunt than anyone else on there too. I know you'd think so cause he was big boss, but he was more infuriating than most of the others combined.

lol yeah, a genuine scrooge.

yep. my favorite part of that documentary is when he's having this serious conversation with shelly's daughter (fred phelp's granddaughter) and they're laughing then she says "btw, you're going to hell you know that right?"

^haha, yeah

lol yeah, a genuine scrooge.

That might be my favorite Louis doc, besides maybe the survivalist and UFO ones. I felt really bad for the younger ones, they were normal kids raised among hateful zealots. And you're totally right, besides Fred himself they all at one point or another lighten up a bit, and acting like normal, nice human beings, even if for a moment.

Aw well, fuck it. The man was a sad, spiteful fuck who is probably butthurt because he couldn't fag out his faggotness. Don't give it any more attention. Picketing at his funeral would be exactly what he wanted, so anyone standing there will have lost the game (though they'll probably see it as justice served.. idiots..)

It would be better if someone stole his body and took it to a dungeon somewhere so that everyone could have a go at him before they put him in the ground.

Archived