IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Love Is A Bulldozer

lawrenke

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mulled it over on the porch with the some hookah. I think this is Aaron's most melodically mature release since rossz. I went in expecting to hate his singing, but he does a superb job making it auxiliary to the instrumental rather than overbearing.

I totally agree! "Myyyyy dick, feels so hard it could break apart... WHOAAAA!" this album is the equivalent to like an apocalyptica sound fused with Donnie Darko featuring thomas pridgen on the drum kit.

Just pre-ordered it. Really looking forward to this and can't wait to find out what's on the bonus disc!!!

something tells me the bonus disc is gonna have a lil surprise on it hehe

heard it, liked it! I'm not that hyped but some tracks are ace! Favs for the first listen are My love is a bulldozer and Amazon, anyways it's always great to find more well produced electronic music like the one that's coming out from Venetian Snares :D

I don't do leaks, things can wait i'm fine with that. In this case though i also don't do aaron singing, so i won't be buying it anyway, first i haven't bought of his in a very long time (i'm not counting that one where him and his beau were singing high school poetry, no way in hell i was buying that, heh. And i didn't get the frusciante collab, like my v.snares uncut.).

After two listenings, this might be Aaron's modus operandi indeed! (replacing the Choco wheelchair album). I'd gladly wait years between albums instead of months if the quality is up to that point. Can't wait now to receive my order with the 2nd CD :)

I was worried about the singing too, but 1000 years and Bulldozer are the best tracks and the lyrics are both funny and moving, the singing on those two make the album for me ;)

I think i'm being a little bitch about the singing because i don't like NIN singing either. If i was into that kind of voice it wouldn't matter. Shame cause some of the music be banging.

I dunno, I also really hate the lyrics/vocals. The way he says "a THOUsand years", it's all on a hyper theatrical goth tip that I just cannot get with. But honestly I'm much happier with hating this album as much as I do than the lukewarm feelings I've had to a lot of his stuff he's done recently. The fact that he's still able to do things that make me feel strongly one way or another gives me more hope than I had that he'll do something I really love again.

Guest bitroast

I dunno, I also really hate the lyrics/vocals. The way he says "a THOUsand years", it's all on a hyper theatrical goth tip that I just cannot get with. But honestly I'm much happier with hating this album as much as I do than the lukewarm feelings I've had to a lot of his stuff he's done recently. The fact that he's still able to do things that make me feel strongly one way or another gives me more hope than I had that he'll do something I really love again.

"Only you can make my dick feel like this."

I like this album. Quite a bit on first listens. It sounds like it encompasses quite a lot of what makes Aaron funk Aaron funk.

Ahh yes goth singing.

really hoping for this 'un to come.

bam bam bam

Some of "1000 Years" sounds really familiar from that show

Guest totemcrackerjack

My favorite as of now is Dear Poet.

That one is really good. Great structure.

I don't do leaks, things can wait i'm fine with that. In this case though i also don't do aaron singing, so i won't be buying it anyway, first i haven't bought of his in a very long time (i'm not counting that one where him and his beau were singing high school poetry, no way in hell i was buying that, heh. And i didn't get the frusciante collab, like my v.snares uncut.).

There were some really great moments on that. It's not very Vsnares, but it's still pretty cool. I can see why it lacks appeal though.

Archived