IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Syro is going to be so good, Pitchfork will give it a 2.95

nah saw an article from them on their own pitchfork.com saying they somehow regret this rate and the context wasn't maybe appropriated.

i think Pitchfork gonna start a cum competition and will cover their screen with load

How long has Pitchfork been around, btw? Or, more specifically, when did they review Drukqs?

i don't know for sure but at least a decade, i've seen the date of 2003 somewhere, maybe more

thing is pitchfork have a weird way to do things,

there are many contributors and they change quite often, they also seem to not cross over too much like they just just upload their review and never cross over

Syro is going to be so good, Pitchfork will give it a 2.95

nah saw an article from them on their own pitchfork.com saying they somehow regret this rate and the context wasn't maybe appropriated.

i think Pitchfork gonna start a cum competition and will cover their screen with load

How long has Pitchfork been around, btw? Or, more specifically, when did they review Drukqs?

i don't know for sure but at least a decade, i've seen the date of 2003 somewhere, maybe more

thing is pitchfork have a weird way to do things,

there are many contributors and they change quite often, they also seem to not cross over too much like they just just upload their review and never cross over

Pitchfork lost it's way when it started retrospectively changing things, deleting reviews.

Sure - review a re-issue or perhaps suggest it was a mistake, but you're a review site - stick your neck out and it's inevitable that not everyone is going to like every album - even those which end up as 'classics'

Edited by jhonny

I remember seeing lockers similar to those when I was in Womb in Tokyo. They're for people to lock their coats and stuff in. It was a few years ago, you can almost date it from the advertisement: lockers.JPG

Guest skibby

Lets say theoretically, that you knew a supposedly leaked album was probably a compilation album in which several mates of AFX or WATMM created fast and dirty parody type songs. (based upon the fake tuss songs, which were really fun to listen to)

An ethical paradox occurs even at the moment of my creating this post; WATMM rules clearly prohibits talk of pirate music (or any other music containing the term "YAR")

But we are smart enough to know that a leak would contain, if anything, hilarious fakes. (aren't we? or is that wishful thinking?)

So to hear the delicious hilarious fake songs, which would obviously be worked on with some effort, by some occult cadre of seasoned producers, one must transcend the threshold of ostensible legality, similar to what would occur by trying to buy fake drugs from a police sting. (not the musician.)

In short, it would seem that those who made the fake Syro album wanted to treat the listeners with silly ridiculous and yet, celebratory and affectionate, tunes that sort of say with sounds, the way that Aphex Twin has influenced them. They will be on youtube in a week, maybe they are there already, but the question remains: at what point in time is it ok to hear the fake Syro album?

Guest skibby

I'm surprised by the quality of that fake :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn7RTNgGAT0

Haha the BPM matches the tracklisting (163.97). If this is fake, they knew what they were doing or it is a weird coincidence.

brilliant if the track listing existed from the 'new shit is imminent' announcement, and rephlex et al, each picked a track name/bpm/duration :)

same here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y14O46AQrQ

i think i should stop listening to any fake/not fake // possible/not possible leak, this will spoil the pleasure

fuck, that's wicked! but sounds more like wisp than aphex

edit: so who's making these fakes?

Edited by MIXL2

how could i fall into the trap and take the bait, wondering which is the real fake?

i don't fall into this,

they just jump at me because the internet is what it is and my curiosity is immense, but as said, those tunes are too obviously fan made or IDM unknown releases.

from now, i'll stop pushing those play button, in case one is the real one, i don't want to doubt about it, i'd feel dirty and disrespectful .

everything point that it will be release is super short time,

so i'm cool

Who knows if we'll ever know - I wonder if the picture posted has anything to do with the cover - it is a printed card he (I'm assuming that's Richard's eyes) is holding up...

Odd colour for the Aphex Twin logo too.

it's not rdj holding up a piece of paper. it's a piece of paper of rdj folded (the image file name even spells it out http://syro2eznzea2xbpi.com/assets/foldface-w.jpg)

could also be shorthand for "folder face"

looks like the stencils were legit after all :cisfor:

M4BfkIJ.jpg

Please tell me this means someone is a fan of taxidermy gone bad

haha my first thought exactly...

the tracklist worries me. if afx after all these years of refusing to just throw together some gorgeous tracks from his archive would now decide to do that thing, the tracklist would look like this, so...

on the other hand, i don't care and i even don't believe it yet. if anything comes it'll be a damn good day.

some guy on another message board said there will be two afx lps and one clark lp coming in september. actually, when i look at the tight release schedule of warp (rustie, hudson, fly-lo) i wonder how ONE afx lp would fit in there. if they release the afx in september before fly-lo in october, everyone would forget about the fly-lo, and i'm not sure if warp marketing directors would take that risk. anyway, just speculating again.