IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

i can't believe this is happening/happened (whatever)

i don't know how many times i've had the conversation about what his next move would be, what i would love to hear...

this is beyond my wildest expectations.... this is the happiest musical memory i have besides the first time i discovered richards music... he's blowing my mind all over again!

I'd like to be the first to formally thank Mr. James for finally letting me get back to work today. It hasn't been a productive week.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Dear wattem pls halp

Lanner B4 Ardkore - what is? I was downloading as things were put up (or was trying to anyway), was 99.2% sure I got everything. Going through adding track numbers to tunes and got to this and there's nothing called this in my folder and nothing that's 53 seconds long either... Short tracks I have aren't Lanner. Did he upload something else and replace it with what's there now? I've lost count of what's what. Hold me

Edited by Timothy Forward

Guest kernunrex

* oh there is 2 version of Syro - vinyl and web, but still, - 12 tracks...still alot more than you 0_0

What are the differences between these two? I hadn't paid attention to the vinyl release at all this time out...

* oh there is 2 version of Syro - vinyl and web, but still, - 12 tracks...still alot more than you 0_0

What are the differences between these two? I hadn't paid attention to the vinyl release at all this time out...

Vinyl was mastered by a different person.

SAWIII as I see it:

(cut it to 12 tracks. Was going for a SAW1 pure bliss vibe with just a touch of SAWII dissonance at the end with 'Sline' before being rewarded with a two track wallop of Aphexian emotion to close it out.) Also just responding to someone above. I'm sure most give two shits about my "SAWIII" ha.

1.Chink 101
2. Red Alert
3. Pearls
4. Ssnb
5. Sams Car
6. Utopia
7. lsb [slo]
8. [slo]w early morning clissold sunrise
9. With My Family
10. sline
11. nocares
12. Red Calx[slo]

dixons orig upload was 4:52

re-appeared at 4:31 renamed

will take me a hot second to upload somewhere for you, my wifi is fucked right now.

i'm sure someone here has it?

Red calx.

So nice.

Are we seeing Rich draw a line in the sand so to speak. Literally an end of an era... with the new one already in full swing.

So cool.

Hmm..is it likely that he'll release another (Aphex Twin) record for a while? Doing all this raises a few questions especially as he said he was working on a new logo in a recent interview. Or it is maybe a way to bypass legal wranglings.

Still can't get over how good Organ is, especially after 3:36, how the hell could he have just sat on this?

lsb and early morning clissold sunrise are gorgeous as well, not to mention the slow Red Calx.

Vinyl was mastered by a different person.

yep its less compressed than WEB and i think i like it better, specially PAPAT4 mmmmmm

i think more compressed version was for simple motrals and people that dont really know aphexan twinus, since it is easier to absorb, and vinyl one more for oldschoolers that preffer warmth and cozy sound of old times

Red calx.

So nice.

Are we seeing Rich draw a line in the sand so to speak. Literally an end of an era... with the new one already in full swing.

So cool.

Hmm..is it likely that he'll release another (Aphex Twin) record for a while? Doing all this raises a few questions especially as he said he was working on a new logo in a recent interview. Or it is maybe a way to bypass legal wranglings.

I think this is the musical equivalent of him clearing out his closet, that's just my opinion.

dixons orig upload was 4:52

re-appeared at 4:31 renamed

will take me a hot second to upload somewhere for you, my wifi is fucked right now.

i'm sure someone here has it?

what? another one was deleted?

where does "dixon" appear in order with other tracks? what was it reuploaded as?

SAWIII as I see it:

(cut it to 12 tracks. Was going for a SAW1 pure bliss vibe with just a touch of SAWII dissonance at the end with 'Sline' before being rewarded with a two track wallop of Aphexian emotion to close it out.) Also just responding to someone above. I'm sure most give two shits about my "SAWIII" ha.

1.Chink 101

2. Red Alert

3. Pearls

4. Ssnb

5. Sams Car

6. Utopia

7. lsb [slo]

9. With My Family

10. sline

11. nocares

12. Red Calx[slo]

LUSH AMBULANCE 2

Guest kymppinetti

Had a conversation with a guy at work today about all this. He said it was a terrible way to release, as releasing in bulk like that would cheapen the music (his example was Prince {or the artist formally known as}) Who threw out a great lot of okish work and was largly ignored and forgotten.

I tried to explain to him that all of these tracks are KILLER - and i love the way they're being released in bulk for this reason:

Yes, it's a lot of music to take in; but that's why we're spending all evening, every evening listening and downloading them. this isn't just a big release - it's an event! It's music history unfolding here.

Another thing i like is that it really is for the real fans. A lot of people who say they like AFX are only talking about Windowlicker, because they saw the video on MTV. these people either won't bother with these Soundcloud tracks, will breeze through a few and forget them, or will grab a torrent in a weeks time, and never really listen to them.

People who really care about these tracks are absorbing them as they come up. I already can name the first 70 with ease.

A great example is Analord. I know a few people who just grabbed a torrent of all 64 tracks, listened a little, and will comment that it's 'ok'. It was too much music for them to take in. A real music fan will listen over each release, absorbing and familiarising with the tracks. (and real AFX fans bought the vinyls and listened to them one at a time, and then had an Analord weekender in order) and will gain so much more from it.

So yeah, my point being, only those who truely appreciate the music here will benefit from it. Not the people who sporradically think AFX is a cool thing to say you listen to.

Well wrote. I too have same feelings, but couldn't really but all in words. It's like you have give youself (YOUR SOUL) for the music. And not just listen,but to study the sounds. There is much going on in the backround than you'll ever know.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Dear wattem pls halp

Lanner B4 Ardkore - what is? I was downloading as things were put up (or was trying to anyway), was 99.2% sure I got everything. Going through adding track numbers to tunes and got to this and there's nothing called this in my folder and nothing that's 53 seconds long either... Short tracks I have aren't Lanner. Did he upload something else and replace it with what's there now? I've lost count of what's what. Hold me

nvm - my version of Lanner was corrupt so it was showing up in the folder but not in media player

Red calx.

So nice.

So cool.

I think this is the musical equivalent of him clearing out his closet, that's just my opinion.

Agreed. Paving the way for truly next level mind blowing ba-nay-nay!

SAWIII as I see it:

1.Chink 101

2. Red Alert

3. Pearls

4. Ssnb

5. Sams Car

6. Utopia

7. lsb [slo]

9. With My Family

10. sline

11. nocares

12. Red Calx[slo]

LUSH AMBULANCE 2

Haha. Fiiiiiine. Trust me I know there are a shit ton of amazing ambient-y toons. I wanted to see if I could cut something to album length and determine an actual flow. Sline to No cares is chill inducing if I say so myself for example. This is too much fucking fun.

orig was Dixons Theft -moooow

replaced by Moooow [Dixon's Theft Mix]

track 33

the difference seems to be LITERALLY 30secs (longer outtro? one or two extra loops?)

Edited by hayhook

orig was Dixons Theft -moooow

replaced by Moooow [Dixon's Theft Mix]

track 33

the difference seems to be LITERALLY 30secs (longer outtro? one or two extra loops?)

I downloaded both and they're the same track -same length. 4:30