IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

My theory, aphex is closed to be over with the soundcloud.

like you can see on the new EP, he said 1/483.

I believe I have almost everything from James music,missing very little.

my folder has now 460 item with the recent 111 new songs.

I think the 1/483 was his whole discography?

I've got 681 in my non-live AFX folder, but there's some dupes in there (Classics vs Classics Remastered, etc).

Plus, I seriously doubt RDJ keeps track of his songs that closely...

this is impossible that im missing 200 songs from James. All his released stuff equals to around 480. I doubt im missing much more then 20-30 trax tops.

my afx folder (including soundcloud tracks) has 830 tracks though and that doesn't include 26 mixes and a bunch of other stuff :shrug:

I've got 681 in my non-live AFX folder, but there's some dupes in there (Classics vs Classics Remastered, etc).

this is impossible that im missing 200 songs from James. All his released stuff equals to around 480. I doubt im missing much more then 20-30 trax tops.

my afx folder (including soundcloud tracks) has 830 tracks though and that doesn't include 26 mixes and a bunch of other stuff :shrug:

mine has over 9000

Guest RupturedSouls

Had a conversation with a guy at work today about all this. He said it was a terrible way to release, as releasing in bulk like that would cheapen the music (his example was Prince {or the artist formally known as}) Who threw out a great lot of okish work and was largly ignored and forgotten.
I tried to explain to him that all of these tracks are KILLER - and i love the way they're being released in bulk for this reason:

Yes, it's a lot of music to take in; but that's why we're spending all evening, every evening listening and downloading them. this isn't just a big release - it's an event! It's music history unfolding here.
Another thing i like is that it really is for the real fans. A lot of people who say they like AFX are only talking about Windowlicker, because they saw the video on MTV. these people either won't bother with these Soundcloud tracks, will breeze through a few and forget them, or will grab a torrent in a weeks time, and never really listen to them.
People who really care about these tracks are absorbing them as they come up. I already can name the first 70 with ease.

A great example is Analord. I know a few people who just grabbed a torrent of all 64 tracks, listened a little, and will comment that it's 'ok'. It was too much music for them to take in. A real music fan will listen over each release, absorbing and familiarising with the tracks. (and real AFX fans bought the vinyls and listened to them one at a time, and then had an Analord weekender in order) and will gain so much more from it.

So yeah, my point being, only those who truely appreciate the music here will benefit from it. Not the people who sporradically think AFX is a cool thing to say you listen to.

Guest kymppinetti

Captain, are you seeing a new track? ...Captain?! What's wrong?

Listen ladie... I think the time has come to me. I can't go like this anymore.

But Capta..

Shut up, ladie. Please tell them I'm sorry about everything. And tell my sister that I loved him.

What? Stop joking around captain. (captain dies) NOOO.

Had a conversation with a guy at work today about all this. He said it was a terrible way to release, as releasing in bulk like that would cheapen the music (his example was Prince {or the artist formally known as}) Who threw out a great lot of okish work and was largly ignored and forgotten.

I tried to explain to him that all of these tracks are KILLER - and i love the way they're being released in bulk for this reason:

Yes, it's a lot of music to take in; but that's why we're spending all evening, every evening listening and downloading them. this isn't just a big release - it's an event! It's music history unfolding here.

Another thing i like is that it really is for the real fans. A lot of people who say they like AFX are only talking about Windowlicker, because they saw the video on MTV. these people either won't bother with these Soundcloud tracks, will breeze through a few and forget them, or will grab a torrent in a weeks time, and never really listen to them.

People who really care about these tracks are absorbing them as they come up. I already can name the first 70 with ease.

A great example is Analord. I know a few people who just grabbed a torrent of all 64 tracks, listened a little, and will comment that it's 'ok'. It was too much music for them to take in. A real music fan will listen over each release, absorbing and familiarising with the tracks. (and real AFX fans bought the vinyls and listened to them one at a time, and then had an Analord weekender in order) and will gain so much more from it.

So yeah, my point being, only those who truely appreciate the music here will benefit from it. Not the people who sporradically think AFX is a cool thing to say you listen to.

absolutely agreed, it's a wonderful new way of releasing an listening to music

So yeah, my point being, only those who truely appreciate the music here will benefit from it. Not the people who sporradically think AFX is a cool thing to say you listen

Very true.

I was stuck in traffic this morning for 90mins, played the tunes from the last few days in the car in peace. For fans there are loads of little snippets here and there that will make you smile/punch the air when you hear known sequences in early/different forms.

i have 567* tracks in FLAC folder, (but this includes SAW remastered album) and 110 misc, rares, joyrex tape etc

also shitloads of myspace tusses but we dont count that

so probably you are missing something 0_0

* oh there is 2 version of Syro - vinyl and web, but still, - 12 tracks...still alot more than you 0_0

Edited by Mag

Guest RupturedSouls

Also - it's great that we're getting a bit of all of the Aphex Sounds...

From the chunky 4 tothe floor early rave bangers, the tripped out repetative UI acid overdoses, the ambient butter melt, the fiddly widdly complex compound timed wierdness, the children talking, the industro garbage...

It's like the greatest "Best Of" compilation ever - only it's (nearly) all unreleased stuff.

It'd be great for newbies to listen through, and pick out what sounds they liked, then found the corresponding album/era and started exploring the official releases from there,.

On another thought - the other day i was reading through the comments, and you always have people saying "i prefered this era/album", and i thought; some people love his early dance/techno/rave, some love the acid, some love the drill stuff, some like the refined, and then... then you have those that love everything Richards touched - because he is one of the best in all of those fields at one point or another. Hoping this continues up to more present day material, covering the whole spectrum :)

Guest RupturedSouls

I was stuck in traffic this morning for 90mins, played the tunes from the last few days in the car in peace. For fans there are loads of little snippets here and there that will make you smile/punch the air when you hear known sequences in early/different forms.

:emotawesomepm9: ... yeah, i punched the air a little at work (end of Lanner B4 Ardcore), and everyone stared :( They just son't understand!!!

i have 567* tracks in FLAC folder, (but this includes SAW remastered album) and 110 misc, rares, joyrex tape etc

also shitloads of myspace tusses but we dont count that

so probably you are missing something 0_0

* oh there is 2 version of Syro - vinyl and web, but still, - 12 tracks...still alot more than you 0_0

doublechecked - i also have 2 versions of druqes and SAW2, different pressings, count that off its still around 500* tracks

do you have all singles, EPs and stuff? extra analords? universal indicators?

* I DONT count this extra 111 tracks, total wouyld be around 700 (with rares and soundcloud)

Edited by Mag

Red calx.

So nice.

Are we seeing Rich draw a line in the sand so to speak. Literally an end of an era... with the new one already in full swing.

So cool.