IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

With pity. Entertaining, earnest, full of itself.

I think we all welcomed China as our new, cooler hegemony around 5 years ago, even if we'll probably be forced into live organ donation for stealing a loaf of bread. Governing China domestically is a hellish challenge in comparison to the US, the worst job on the planet, but thanks to the media we get a steady, long-stale stream of America facepalm and welcome our new overlords.

Places like China and Indonesia have been more relevant to a lot of Australians, and have been for some time now.

Most of the Americans I've met have been fun, but they were the intelligent ones. I've never met the American idiot abroad (led a charmed life).

Edited by Roo

Get ready to watch Americans pepper spray each other for that 75" TV @ Walmart. Happy holidays

popcorn at the ready.  any guesses on number shootings on black friday? 

It's weird to see an image like that, nod in agreement, then realize it was probably posted by russians.

so true.  though it's not full of the normal "russian speaking english" structure.  could've come from that guy in maine who just makes shit up all the time. 

Edited by ignatius

Apparently the guy has 69 “69” tattoos on his body. I’ve never heard of him until this, I know I’m getting old and out of touch but this guy is pretty legit terrible as a rapper and human.

If he and Xxxxtencionxten collabed on a track the mp3 title would be outta this world. 

throw some lil'xan in the mix and the mumbles will be off the hook and chain fellow kids. 

white people.  

They were raised after the war and so have no real experience of trauma or the Great Depression or even any deprivation at all. More importantly, they never experienced the social solidarity that unfolded during war time and that helped produce the New Deal.

But it’s really the white middle-class boomers who exemplify all the awful characteristics and behaviors that have defined this generation. They became a majority of the electorate in the early ’80s, and they fully consolidated their power in Washington by January 1995. And they’ve basically been in charge ever since.

I’ve always seen the boomers as a generational trust-fund baby: They inherited a country they had no part in building, failed to appreciate it, and seized on all the benefits while leaving nothing behind.

Edited by ignatius