IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

how fast would that hat thing go?? who else is hoping for 200bpm devestation

Haha. Would be great to hear St Michael mount level of speed/complexity acoustically. Come on monkey drummer. Show yourself.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know for how long Richard have been goin on for this project?

I believe for quite a long time. I can't remember when he first mentioned his "electro acoustic" project, but I'm sure it was years ago.

Isn't it in that interview where he said he remade melodies from mars and had 6 albums ready to go?

Guest bitroast

Anyone know for how long Richard have been goin on for this project?

he's had the disklavier since drukqs.

it seems more just an ongoing fascination more than a specific project thing.

That Balinese Gamelan video was one of the most incredible things i have ever seen. I'm not one to say something "blew my mind" but i don't really know how else to express the awe i felt watching that.

Try playing in one! It's even more incredible.

The playlist thing on warp.net is the biggest tease. Has a large 'play' button and tracks highlight when hovered over. http://warp.net/news/computer-controlled-acoustic-instruments-pt-2-ep-gallery/?o=playlist&playlist=computer-controlled-acoustic-instruments-pt2-ep

does it actually work? I get no sound however I do...

Guest RupturedSouls

I've heard so many people say they like playing RDJs 45 Vinyls at 33, especially for winding down a night.
Just glance at reviews for any 45s on Discogs.
So, every Aphex/AFX/Tuss etc that got released as a 45 speed vinyl exists at both speeds on my iTunes. Just slowed them down with audacity's handy little vinyl speed change thingy, so it changed the pitch just like vinyl speed would.
I'm guessing a few others have done this, and i'm guessing thats WHY Richard put out a lot on 45s over the years (great example is the triple Tuss) - so people could have a more laid back version, or slowed to analyse more.
This is just the first time it's put on the vinyl explicitly.

Also, of note is the slowed version of Circlont from the Noyzelab interview trax. It's labelled [plydslow] - which some put down to recording slow, then speeding up... but i'm more inclined to believe he slowed the track purposefully to a) show us the chilled slowing effect (a la the 45 vinyls) or just for shits and giggles, like the reversed Rhubarb.

Of course, i unreversed the Rhubard and sped up the Circlont4A+N[unmastered] as two bonus tracks :emotawesomepm9:
I know. It's sad.

Guest RupturedSouls

Im my old death metal band, we clocked the drummer humming away on the bass drums at 288bpm when we measured at a recording session.

If a human can get to that speed on his feet, i feel that with the limitlessness of electronic music- and of course machine powered Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments -someone needs to program some serious end-of-the-world-batshitfukkininsanemigraininducingmotherfuk stuff way over 300 bpm.

This was funny (Z-Machines guitar speed test)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CO0f9inconM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That Balinese Gamelan video was one of the most incredible things i have ever seen. I'm not one to say something "blew my mind" but i don't really know how else to express the awe i felt watching that.

Try playing in one! It's even more incredible.

i went to see a gamelan ensemble in october and it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to. i was moved to tears in places.

It's amazing music. I had the unique opportunity in college to study and play in a gamelan with one of the foremost Indonesia gamelan masters in the United States, Joko Sutrisno. Listening to it from the outside is one thing - hypnotic, meditative, beautiful. But to play a piece and hear the music from within the gamelan itself, all the sounds coming from every side of you, is really indescribable.

It's amazing music. I had the unique opportunity in college to study and play in a gamelan with one of the foremost Indonesia gamelan masters in the United States, Joko Sutrisno. Listening to it from the outside is one thing - hypnotic, meditative, beautiful. But to play a piece and hear the music from within the gamelan itself, all the sounds coming from every side of you, is really indescribable.

ucsc?

Im my old death metal band, we clocked the drummer humming away on the bass drums at 288bpm when we measured at a recording session.

If a human can get to that speed on his feet, i feel that with the limitlessness of electronic music- and of course machine powered Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments -someone needs to program some serious end-of-the-world-batshitfukkininsanemigraininducingmotherfuk stuff way over 300 bpm.

This was funny (Z-Machines guitar speed test)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CO0f9inconM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flight Of The Bumblebee on electric guitar at 4000 BPM

http://youtube.com/88OgWvVJLkI?t=4m5s

Hangable Auto Tuss

I must constantly remind myself that everything you say is a lie!!!!

:cat:

Yeah but a part of you hangs onto every word Joyrex tells you. It's like being some sort of leathery creature out on the grassy plain. Something like an Anteater/Ardvark/Amardillo/Beast, a massive fucking slimy snout ready to plunge into the nest! Ohhhh how the fine elixir tastes so good!

But instead of hunting ants or tiny critter of God's Larder. It's beans. Just little beans. So you howl at the fucking moon. It's not fair! But you are the Long Eared Bean Eater. So am I.

We are all Long Eared Bean Eaters. Drifting upon the warm winds and marching across long grassed plains. Waiting to find the ancient pools of beans.

Aphex is God. Joyrex is the Messenger. We are the Long Eared Bean Eaters. And I am drunk. Goodnight!

Hangable Auto Tuss

Yeah but a part of you hangs onto every word Joyrex tells you. It's like being some sort of leathery creature out on the grassy plain. Something like an Anteater/Ardvark/Amardillo/Beast, a massive fucking slimy snout ready to plunge into the nest! Ohhhh how the fine elixir tastes so good!

But instead of hunting ants or tiny critter of God's Larder. It's beans. Just little beans. So you howl at the fucking moon. It's not fair! But you are the Long Eared Bean Eater. So am I.

We are all Long Eared Bean Eaters. Drifting upon the warm winds and marching across long grassed plains. Waiting to find the ancient pools of beans.

Aphex is God. Joyrex is the Messenger. We are the Long Eared Bean Eaters. And I am drunk. Goodnight!

haha. Really just drunk? That is some vivid imagery. If I was drunk it would be even more unabashed uncreative enthusiasm over such and such track I'm listening to at the moment.

... I need a wait mate. Sorry for over posting. I'm sick and layed up in bed + overly excited about this release.

Hangable Auto Tuss

The beerwolf seems to have mistaken his body for a long eared bean eater. :cat:

Guest Jbrace1970

i just heard it,enjoyed it its the metz track and variations of and a couple of piano tracks,sounds like drukqs kladfvgbung micshk type style very nice indeed

Archived