IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Master of stats Hans Rosling died.

https://www.ted.com/speakers/hans_rosling

You should watch one of his talks. They're quite good.

Edited by Gocab

Norma McCorvey, 'Jane Roe' of Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion, dies at 69

When she filed suit in 1970, she was looking not for a sweeping ruling for all women from the highest court in the land, but rather, simply, the right to legally and safely end a pregnancy that she did not wish to carry forward. In her home state of Texas, as in most other states, abortion was prohibited except when the mother’s life was at stake. 

On Jan. 22, 1973, the Supreme Court handed down its historic 7-to-2 ruling, written by Justice Harry A. Blackmun, articulating a constitutional right to privacy that included the choice to terminate a pregnancy. 

The ruling established the trimester framework, designed to balance a woman’s right to control her body and a state’s compelling interest in protecting unborn life. Although later modified, it was a landmark of American jurisprudence and made Jane Roe a figure­head — championed or reviled — in the battle over reproductive rights that continued into the 21st century.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/norma-mccorvey-jane-roe-of-roe-v-wade-decision-legalizing-abortion-dies-at-69/2017/02/18/24b83108-396e-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?utm_term=.2ea97ff37447

TPT RIP

1fb970ec7243245aadf1b266f955d716.jpg

tragic, you know normally I have the (unfortunate?) usual cynical cesspit of bile at the ready for people like this, but not for her

bit of a lost soul but with pots of money. she reminds me of a girl I had a soft spot for (but way out of my league). blah blah blah