IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

erotic asphyxiation? lol right! ....something that only celebtities do

Can you name another celebrity who has done such a thing apart from Michael Hutchence and Kill Bill?

Can you name another celebrity who has done such a thing apart from Michael Hutchence and Kill Bill?

well that was my point too. with celebrities ppl always assume it was autoerotic asphyxiation

That fucking sucks. I remember Soundgarden vividly in the early 90s. I wasn't really into them, but always recognized it was a very talented band, and his voice was top notch. Such a talented guy.

KenPark-Ransone-01-frame-3.jpg

does the full monty whilst watching a lovely game of tennis

r.i.p. brad gray (former ceo of paramount)

Get fucking real

https://i.imgur.com/58rn8lK.gifv

Edited by Nebraska

Ugh...

“Without the results of toxicology tests, we do not know what was going on with Chris—or if any substances contributed to his demise,” the Cornell family said.

The 52 year-old Soundgarden frontman had a prescription for Ativan, the family said, and may have taken a higher dosage. Attorney Kirk Pasich noted that Ativan can cause paranoid or suicidal thoughts, slurred speech and impaired judgement.

Ativan is a tranquilizer and anti-anxiety medication that is sometimes used as a sleeping aid.

His death was ruled a suicide by hanging by the local medical examiner, but Cornell’s family called the mentions of suicide “disturbing.”

“When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different,” his wife added. “When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him.”

Ativan is a brand of Lorazepam which is a tricky benzodiazepine. It is very potent and the only benzo with a documented rebound-effect, meaning that any discontinuation will worsen psychological symptoms (beyond your average benzo withdrawal). It is very unwise to increase dosage as it can result in God knows what. Long-term benzo usage tends to worsen symptoms as well.

I have no difficulty seeing this medication playing a role. I've read accounts of people cutting themselves up with steak knives after high benzo doses.

^ Can we start compiling a list of musicians we respect & send them all a cease & desist letter to get off the fucking meds?

I don't find Ativan to be potent at all, typical dose for me is 2-3mg. I understand everyone reacts differently though. That said, ativan + alcohol (or any benzo + alcohol really) drastically changes the effects, so if he was drinking that could make a world of difference. (Edit - maybe I mis-spoke RE potency. I guess what I meant is I don't find I have much in the way of physical side effects like I do with other benzos? It's obviously potent given it's common usages, IE anti seizure, fast acting anti anxiety etc...)

And Chim is right on the withdrawal + worsening of symptoms. Something to do with it's mechanism of action/being a quick acting benzo iirc. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I don't find Ativan to be potent at all, typical dose for me is 2-3mg. I understand everyone reacts differently though. That said, ativan + alcohol (or any benzo + alcohol really) drastically changes the effects, so if he was drinking that could make a world of difference. (Edit - maybe I mis-spoke RE potency. I guess what I meant is I don't find I have much in the way of physical side effects like I do with other benzos? It's obviously potent given it's common usages, IE anti seizure, fast acting anti anxiety etc...)

And Chim is right on the withdrawal + worsening of symptoms. Something to do with it's mechanism of action/being a quick acting benzo iirc.

From what I've gathered Lorazepam is about half as potent as Alprazolam (Xanax) but longer lasting. Everyone and their mother seems to get Xanax in North America but both are prescribed very restrictively in Scandinavia. Opinions seem to differ among abusers but I keep seeing Lorazepam ranked very high.

Saying a particular psychoactive medicine absolutely doesn't cause suicidal thoughts is a bit of a stretch as we're all unique. It could be a case of aggravating an existing condition. It is also widely known in psychiatry that alleviating or energizing medication might allow suicidal people to "take the final step", as they are not as inhibited psycho-motor wise. We don't know how long he's been on this medication and what it has done to his CNS. Lastly, he's been a serious alcoholic and we all know alcohol hijacks and damages the GABA system, the same that benzodiazepines act on, which can result in different and potentially adverse pharmacodynamics when medicating with benzos.

Edited by chim

If you are on anxiety meds usually you should be on an ssri like zoloft which really helps if it agrees with you. The anxiety meds are the first move in the crisis period after an event triggers your depression/ anxiety attack. SSri's take weeks to work.  Europe is a little more anti medication and more CBT. I hate therapy personally. Its good to know yourself basically. I'm on 3 mg of Klonopin a day. Purely out of tolerance. I dont even feel it. One mg would knock you over. I desperately would love to get off it but it takes a long time to taper off if you really want to. I wouldn't blame his suicide on one drug. 

I did think of him a  couple nights ago. Never ever have I thought of him before. The universe is a strange place

Edited by marf

If you are on anxiety meds usually you should be on an ssri like zoloft which really helps if it agrees with you. The anxiety meds are the first move in the crisis period after an event triggers your depression/ anxiety attack. SSri's take weeks to work.  Europe is a little more anti medication and more CBT. I hate therapy personally. Its good to know yourself basically. I'm on 3 mg of Klonopin a day. Purely out of tolerance. I dont even feel it. One mg would knock you over. I desperately would love to get off it but it takes a long time to taper off if you really want to. I wouldn't blame his suicide on one drug. 

I did think of him a  couple nights ago. Never ever have I thought of him before. The universe is a strange place

a doc put me on klonopin and now that i have a new doctor he wants me off it. i'm on a low dose and i take it not because it helps but my body needs it. so i'm slowly going off it. fuck drugs. i mean some help but some  are just evil.

'....such a great affection of an elder for a younger man... such as Plato made the very basis of his philosophy...It is that deep, spiritual affection that is as pure as it is perfect...There is nothing unnatural about it. It is intellectual, and it repeatedly exists between an elder and a younger man, when the elder man has intellect, and the younger man has all the joy, hope and glamour of life before him.'

'....such a great affection of an elder for a younger man... such as Plato made the very basis of his philosophy...It is that deep, spiritual affection that is as pure as it is perfect...There is nothing unnatural about it. It is intellectual, and it repeatedly exists between an elder and a younger man, when the elder man has intellect, and the younger man has all the joy, hope and glamour of life before him.'

sex.jpg