IGNORED

Absolutely Atrocious Music That You Somehow Enjoy

Hail Sagan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in love with all things Naomi Elizabeth

is this chick making music ironically? the more i look into her, the more i'm confused

LOL it's prophe(sighed).

That Korean track that Mokz posted is fucking banging. When did they get so surreal over there - it was all very safe when I was there.

My guilty pleasures - I mean, I guess this Pharrell track:

I've come down the home stretch of a 5 mile run to this horrid piece of sonic water trash more than once before and likely will again in the near future. I have to run to it though, that's the only time it courses through my veins transforming me into some sort unstoppable beast on a spiritual high. Sitting down and listening to it reveals it for what it actually is. One of the absolute worst songs of all time. Haven't seen the movie and have no intention of doing so either.

I am in love with all things Naomi Elizabeth

lol for real? did you discover this from the terrible music thread?

That thread feels like home

FKtpjzz.pngso-much-win-starcraft-reaction.gif

Sadly, I could play that early to mid 90's alt rock shit all day. Sentimental times, bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuTvPkIz7Y0

Hah, I actually kind of like that song. That guitar tone kind of mystifies me, a lot of "post-grunge" bands in the mid-90s used it.

EDIT: OPN wrote about it in detail!

Ya, i remember listening to a rock station when i first got into music. Bush, Creed, Puddle of Mud. It was all pretty cringe but it did introduce me to some good stuff like Black Sabbath and Tool

Bush is alright. Man, I was really thinking more of the post-2000, post-Creed derpy derp crap: Nickelback, or bands with names like Theory of a Deadman, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Blue October, Five Finger Death Punch, Butt Dump Trucker Fuckers, etc.

I suppose I'm actually a lot more ok with the iffy alt rock stuff than I made it out to be initially.

Sleaford Mods :emotawesomepm9:

well of course it sounds that way intentionally, but seriously, the music itself apart from Jason's ranting could not be any more basic. I'm half enjoying it and half annoyed by it right now.

DUDE I LOVE Sleaford Mods!! They are the closest thing to real punk that exists any more in the 21st century if you ask me. Can't get enough of them munts!

One of the songs I listened to when i was 15 that made me want to get into "techno."

Honestly still have a soft spot for this song, it's definitely a lot less angsty than their other stuff and it's cool that they tried to do something different

haha, love those cheesy early 2000's nu-metal dj scratches

I'm quite partial to the new Rihanna/Kanye/Macca track. There's something great about it and I fucking hate myself for thinking that.

^ I guess it's ok, but if this came out any other point than the very specific window of time where I was a depressed teenage kid who just moved and had literally no new music around besides whatever was on the alt rock radio station at the time, I would never have liked this or given it a listen. 99.8% of this stuff (buttrock) and their peers is straight up derivative and crap.

Control was always my favourite Puddle of Mudd track. Blurry was okay, but then they released She Hates Me and ruined EVERYTHING.

I've been trying to contribute something to this thread but I've come to the conclusion that I can't really classify anything that I (still) enjoy as "absolutely atrocious".

same... i mean i was gonna post, like, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U5dsyz7dp4

but i don't think it's atrocious at all. i'm sure a lot of people do though.

I've been trying to contribute something to this thread but I've come to the conclusion that I can't really classify anything that I (still) enjoy as "absolutely atrocious".

Just go by guilty pleasures then. If you have any of those.

Over-the-top faux Black Metal featuring some of the most cliche lyrics ever (why do so many of these guys sing in english anyways?). The video is incredibly cringeworthy as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQU1dQloAA

Update: The lead singer looks like Michael Stipe now, wears a suit & tie and sings more uninspired goth pop these days apparently.

Archived