IGNORED

TIDAL

klore

its so good. i can't believe it. i'm hoping - nay praying this is the first in a long line of missteps for jay-z and beyonce im ready

Edited by dr lopez

its so good. i can't believe it. i'm hoping - nay praying this is the first in a long line of missteps for jay-z and beyonce im ready

yeah the most interesting part was to see how disconnected their way of perception was to reality. this also made them fail this much even before anyone tried the product.

Edited by o00o

they didn't even use the product in the promotion video or gave the impression to know what they are talking about.

Yeah, that's a good point. They're so out of touch and insulated by wealth. It's not a good way to market your service.

Wheeling out a selection of rich, pretentious fools who then try to convince you to sign up for a service to make them more money because they're saying they don't earn enough. That's a good business plan.

This will fail HARD.

Not to mention Apple have their new service in the wings, so the whole Tidal thing will be just a case of Jay-Z, Beyonce and co just flushing their investments down the crapper. No-one will even remember Tidal within six months.

I bet you those artists that walked up on stage came out in the plus. they didn't lose money, they just milked the piss out of investors. this is boiler room 2015.

Tech valuations are ridiculous though (it's also a stupid comparison, because it compares a global enterprise to one market). I'd be more interested in seeing spotify's revenue and operating costs for 2014. After all they had huge revenue gains in 2013, and still ran at a loss. They need to jack up their subscriber numbers like crazy, especially if artists are complaining about not receiving enough in royalties.

Meanwhile the publishers are still laughing all the way to the bank.

Here's a great read on spotify (which I have never tried, it wasn't available in Canada until very recently, afaik - anyways, I'm old, so i prefer to buy albums, though I do stream from mixcloud, soundcloud, and bandcamp). http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/11/24/revenue-streams

Tech valuations are ridiculous though (it's also a stupid comparison, because it compares a global enterprise to one market). I'd be more interested in seeing spotify's revenue and operating costs for 2014. After all they had huge revenue gains in 2013, and still ran at a loss. They need to jack up their subscriber numbers like crazy, especially if artists are complaining about not receiving enough in royalties.

Meanwhile the publishers are still laughing all the way to the bank.

Here's a great read on spotify (which I have never tried, it wasn't available in Canada until very recently, afaik - anyways, I'm old, so i prefer to buy albums, though I do stream from mixcloud, soundcloud, and bandcamp). http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/11/24/revenue-streams

Pretty sure Spotify are still running at a loss.

flol at this Tidal biz. Nobody will know what it is in a few months.

Jg0drk0.jpg

This represents everything that is wrong with music. 'In your face' marketing to back up mediocre talent, stupid gimmicks like helmets and masks, out-of-control egos and utter greed.

Also, Daft Punk should ditch the helmets. They look stupid and pretentious.

Guest skibby

this is one of those businesses that are planned to fail and bail. thats why they got all the high profile endorsements. they all get a cut, jay z with the biggest cut. it will be paid for by shareholders and gobbled up and lost through a mutual fund or soemthing. like one of countless companies youve never heard of that somehow become worth a billion and gobbled up by google or something.

Huh, how does that work? Investors keep throwing money at it to keep it alive?

many startups do that for years

Huh, how does that work? Investors keep throwing money at it to keep it alive?

many startups do that for years

Not just startups... Amazon runs at a loss as well.