IGNORED

TIDAL

klore

Pretty sure Spotify are still running at a loss.

Huh, how does that work? Investors keep throwing money at it to keep it alive?

many startups do that for years

Not just startups... Amazon runs at a loss as well.

I wish google would promote their service more

yeah i've gotten a handful of people onto google play music recently. they've upped the free upload amount to 50,000 tracks. i now have my entire mp3 collection available to stream at 320kbps anywhere i have an internet connection (work 99% of the time). use the phone app as my portable mp3 player now. all free. no ads.

Yeah - it's the stupidest business model ever - except for the people who run the startups/businesses who keep managing to sucker investors into funding them.

I didn't know google play worked on iOS - looks ideal. Fuck iTunes match.

yeah i've gotten a handful of people onto google play music recently. they've upped the free upload amount to 50,000 tracks. i now have my entire mp3 collection available to stream at 320kbps anywhere i have an internet connection (work 99% of the time). use the phone app as my portable mp3 player now. all free. no ads.
Doesn't that eat thru your data plan like a muthafucker, or do you stream over wifi only?

Doesn't that eat thru your data plan like a muthafucker, or do you stream over wifi only?

that's what i kept wondering about tidal. like how big are the files they're streaming?

at work i use my cpu. on mobile i'll just dl a made playlist to the phone's memory while i still have wifi. if you are dead set on streaming to your phone instead of dling you can adjust your quality settings to try and keep the data usage down. it's not fixed at 320. don't really see how it'd be any better or worse than spotify or tidal in that regard.

Amazon is not running at a loss. They had like one year recently where they moved into the red but things went back to normal the year after. They just have an extremely low net profit due to shipping costs and constant investments/expansions (i.e. the money could instead have been profit for the company) and that's not "a stupid business model" at all. The reason they've survived all these years while much of their competition has died out is this focus on the long term. And why investors really like that makes perfect sense.

No rephlex streaming is the deal breaker. I need bogdan at all timea

Just pm me some of your favourite hardcore idm breakz and I'll sing "tweedlee di da dooo" over them in real tiema

I can safely say I learned something today. Actually many things. great vid

fuck single-ha people btw. "ha." the hell is that shit? you can't string together more than one ha to make a proper expression of amusement instead of coming across like a snobby 2good4u twat? "ha." fuck you.

ha.