IGNORED

US dates

Guest pixelives

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody been to the Vancouver venue (the Imperial)? Pretty sure I'm gonna make a threefer of it

It's got a pretty great sound system I think. Every show there I've seen has sounded very clear (Nils Frahm, Dawn of MIDI, Jungle). I was pretty stoked when I saw ae was playing there. I think the best option for a venue that size in Vancouver nowadays (it's a bit bigger than Fortune, but not too big like the Commodore can be). It's also very new and very clean (as of a few months ago). There isn't really a regular crowd kinda vibe to worry about because the venue is almost always doing shows, so the crowd is as diverse as the music playing that night (bluegrass, rock, indie, metal, electronic).

I'm seeing Ben Frost and Tim Hecker there again in a couple weeks I'll let you know if it's changed.

Anybody been to the Vancouver venue (the Imperial)? Pretty sure I'm gonna make a threefer of it

It's got a pretty great sound system I think. Every show there I've seen has sounded very clear (Nils Frahm, Dawn of MIDI, Jungle). I was pretty stoked when I saw ae was playing there. I think the best option for a venue that size in Vancouver nowadays (it's a bit bigger than Fortune, but not too big like the Commodore can be). It's also very new and very clean (as of a few months ago). There isn't really a regular crowd kinda vibe to worry about because the venue is almost always doing shows, so the crowd is as diverse as the music playing that night (bluegrass, rock, indie, metal, electronic).

I'm seeing Ben Frost and Tim Hecker there again in a couple weeks I'll let you know if it's changed.

Am I going to be stuck standing for 3hrs or if I get there early enough are there tables/booths etc. lel

Am I going to be stuck standing for 3hrs or if I get there early enough are there tables/booths etc. lel

Maybe? I don't actually recall that much seating in the main concert room. There's a back bar area with some seating with a glass wall to the concert room, and then an back upper area (as in like 3 feet higher than the floor in front of the stage) in the concert floor with a few tables or booths. So yes if you really are committed to getting there early.

EDIT:

http://imperialvancouver.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/1002097_513042485436104_618478038_n-980x682.jpg

Some, but not much.

I haven't been to an ae show before, and I haven't been to U Street before. What should I expect there? Would you recommend bringing my earplugs to this show? Ever since that Swans concert, my hearing has been pretty awful so I want to be careful from now on.

I've never been to a DJ gig either, so it feels pretty good that Rob Hall will be my first.

lucky 'mericans you

Look buddy, we haven't gotten an ae show in my part of the country since 2008, and my favorite band in the world has never, ever played a show here. You better shut up about us being lucky before I go and make you, pal.

I haven't been to an ae show before, and I haven't been to U Street before. What should I expect there? Would you recommend bringing my earplugs to this show? Ever since that Swans concert, my hearing has been pretty awful so I want to be careful from now on.

I've never been to a DJ gig either, so it feels pretty good that Rob Hall will be my first.

lucky 'mericans you

Look buddy, we haven't gotten an ae show in my part of the country since 2008, and my favorite band in the world has never, ever played a show here. You better shut up about us being lucky before I go and make you, pal.

As someone with tinnitus and hyperacusis, definitely bring your earplugs. I recommend the Etymotic ER-20s

Make sure they fit properly otherwise they don't really block any sound

lucky 'mericans you

As someone with tinnitus and hyperacusis, definitely bring your earplugs. I recommend the Etymotic ER-20s

I go to a concert maybe once or twice a year. Is it safe to go without earplugs at all and stand right in front (but at least back far enough so it's not all bass)?

I'm thinking of making some SEAN PLS shirts for the Brooklyn show

I'm making a JULES PLS one for Chicago

alco pls

JULCO PLS

You should bring earplugs just in case, but in my opinion you won't need them at U-Street. The venues/parties with legit sound systems properly calibrated by soundguys who know what they're doing (like U-Street) should actually not give you tinnitus at all.

Im going in a Che Guevara t-shirt with "The 'chre" written underneath

omG chre guevara .. genius ..

a_genius_cat-1192963.jpg

If you're such a genius cat, why is the book upsid ... oh, ....

"Mleow, ambidextrous and reading upside down blitliches".

Thanks, I'll take you up on that recommendation. Didn't know that hyperacusis was different than tinnitus, now I know I have both.

Thanks, I'll take you up on that recommendation. Didn't know that hyperacusis was different than tinnitus, now I know I have both.

A significant amount of people with tinnitus also have hyperacusis.

If you go to a lot of shows you might want to look into professional musician's earplug (also by Etymotic, I believe they cost around 150 USD) for high quality sound. But the ER-20s are great for the price.

Archived