IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

My mate bagged a version of Predator on vhs about a month before UK cinema release. There we all were in his front room while the video tape churned away, all that came out the speakers was white noise and all that was on the screen was merging and emerging strips of green and white. I had enough after 15 minutes. I went home. Everyone else was at school the next day bragging how they had seen Predator lol :biggrin:

only thing that comes to my mind is how much ur friend may have paid for a pre-theatrical release bootleg in 1987 :wacko: even normal VHS tapes were lik $40 at the time?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate bagged a version of Predator on vhs about a month before UK cinema release. There we all were in his front room while the video tape churned away, all that came out the speakers was white noise and all that was on the screen was merging and emerging strips of green and white. I had enough after 15 minutes. I went home. Everyone else was at school the next day bragging how they had seen Predator lol :biggrin:

only thing that comes to my mind is how much ur friend may have paid for a pre-theatrical release bootleg in 1987 :wacko: even normal VHS tapes were lik $40 at the time?

No idea it was a long time ago heheh, he was an Indian mate of mine, all the Indians at school had uncles who could get pirate copies of every film before they came out in the UK lol, (not that you would want to watch them). Bragging rights I guess.

Guest bitroast

He should have released both Tuss EPs as one AFX album

i'm happy the two releases are seperate (confed trough is fun and bouncy where as rushup edge is serious and solid-as-fuck!!!) but yes agreed they definitely could have been released as afx albums. had to lend my copy of rushup edge to a friend cos he never even heard of it before which is weird cos the rushup edge stuff is as good as syro/analord etc.. arguably??

He should have released both Tuss EPs as one AFX album

i'm happy the two releases are seperate (confed trough is fun and bouncy where as rushup edge is serious and solid-as-fuck!!!) but yes agreed they definitely could have been released as afx albums. had to lend my copy of rushup edge to a friend cos he never even heard of it before which is weird cos the rushup edge stuff is as good as syro/analord etc.. arguably??

It is indeed!

Guest Chesney

agree! The tuss is right up my warm street. Very unlike me, I have been hammering this EP, it's real good. Not Tuss song wise but is of the same ilk. Live tuss.

richard commented on soundcloud he needs money to pay a programmer to finish some new synthesis thing he's designing so he can make music with it then give us the synth for free, so...

2 more weeks. edm a2 and b2 i am still penetrating deeper, some tussy shit there

He can release using whatever alias he wants, I don't mind as long as I can grab a copy :)

And yes, agreed about The Tuss being some of his very best stuffs. Stellar, alien funk.

Influx of students on page 27 by the looks of it, debating the big issues. Can phudoshin and beerwolf (once again) do a post each to get the balance right on this page.

richard commented on soundcloud he needs money to pay a programmer to finish some new synthesis thing he's designing so he can make music with it then give us the synth for free, so...

2 more weeks. edm a2 and b2 i am still penetrating deeper, some tussy shit there

compo mendes

compo mendes

is jodey kendrick

compo mendes

is jodey kendrick

lol

Neotekt72 is a great track but it does lull a bit in the last third.

r8m neotek beat is very close to the AE track M8 from Move of Ten, still bangin in its own right though.

Guest bitroast

compo mendes

is jodey kendrick

lol

lol stepheb

I think the Tuss stuff is without a doubt some of richards best stuff ever released.

Rushup Edge is so good. and gets better with age (like most great aphex releases) Goodbye Rute I think is one of his most under appreciated.

I like some of the bits on orphaned dj selk (that 1:42 track mainly) but compared to the Tuss, it's pretty obvious to me that ODS is weak/sloppy and lacks inspiration.

Neotektu72 is a 5 minutes 5/4 static drum pattern with random reverb splashes. I like me some beats and recording textures and maybe it works on a dancefloor as a utility track (doubt it) but I don't get what's to admire or particularly enjoy on here.

Serge fenix rendered is the closest thing to a killer track on here, but those sloppy detuned chord stabs are just sloppy. It seems like if any other notes were to be played in those stabs, the musical effect would be the same. In the Syrobunkers interview, Richie was all like ''music makers shouldn't give in the dark side, we really need to express what's best and positive, awaken people with positive / trippy vibes'' but to my ears this track and the rest of this EP is just giving in to the shit vibe of this world.

I like that little midi pipe 2:26 track but it sounds a bit thin, and again, detuned pads / dark sad vibe.

And those track titles sucks, it was a nice novelty on Syro but now it just kills any sense of imagination or wonder, which is fitting since the tracks have little of those as well.

goodbye rute is so massively spacious. the sound design is incred

For sure. Very subtle. And it sounds downright mournful to me. Even the title 'goodbye rute'. (major fanboyish speculation here) But I wonder if this track is expressing a goodbye to his ex. It seems very personal. Nothing too flashy, nothing particularly "exciting" just sad. All the more reason I really like it.

I like some of the bits on orphaned dj selk (that 1:42 track mainly) but compared to the Tuss, it's pretty obvious to me that ODS is weak/sloppy and lacks inspiration.

Neotektu72 is a 5 minutes 5/4 static drum pattern with random reverb splashes. I like me some beats and recording textures and maybe it works on a dancefloor as a utility track (doubt it) but I don't get what's to admire or particularly enjoy on here.

Serge fenix rendered is the closest thing to a killer track on here, but those sloppy detuned chord stabs are just sloppy. It seems like if any other notes were to be played in those stabs, the musical effect would be the same. In the Syrobunkers interview, Richie was all like ''music makers shouldn't give in the dark side, we really need to express what's best and positive, awaken people with positive / trippy vibes'' but to my ears this track and the rest of this EP is just giving in to the shit vibe of this world.

I like that little midi pipe 2:26 track but it sounds a bit thin, and again, detuned pads / dark sad vibe.

And those track titles sucks, it was a nice novelty on Syro but now it just kills any sense of imagination or wonder, which is fitting since the tracks have little of those as well.

hi rich

Archived