IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

Well I get the need, but isn't it kind of swimming upstream to try to assign some, 9 sets later? To get a bit meta, isn't this a good opportunity to think about -why- we have this urge to name/organize these?

I liked "fartstep" etc. better

Well I get the need, but isn't it kind of swimming upstream to try to assign some, 9 sets later? To get a bit meta, isn't this a good opportunity to think about -why- we have this urge to name/organize these?

I liked "fartstep" etc. better

Well, in this way it will be easier to select the best sections of the various sets to create a giant Frankenstein, gathering itself every nuance, every step and every change of this TOWER_OF_BABEL.

These guys come from pirate radio in the 80s and have mentioned in interviews that some of their favorite tracks they often didn't know the names of for years - they had to tape them from the airwaves while they could. They are giving you a rare opportunity to experience that.

Guest bitroast

ae names generally have some personal meaning / jokey meaning to them, that are then "idm-ified" into song titles. one simply cannot make up ae song titles by mooshing keyboard randomly.

you can. but surely anyone with half a bit of wit to them would see the idea as being completely un necessary ... imo

Edited by bitroast

oh my fucking god

oh my fucking god

oh my fucking god

relistening again just OMFG

this is the greatest AE ever

album please, more soundboards please, ep please, album please, albums upon albums please

this is the greatest shit ever. i can't get over it

sorry

there are so many fucking "moments"

it's like a massive fucking stream of moments each of which is fucking amazing and i could say "omg omg omg" over again and again.

sorry. lol

Edited by Zeffolia

^ not directed at anyone in particular mind. lol maybe john peel.

" you know nothing john peel "

Lol. Did he name all of those? "19 Headaches" was kinda dumb but I actually liked the other titles, esp. "Gaekwad".

Gaekwad was named after an Indian cricket player. I remember Warp put that little factoid on their website when John Peel passed away.

Guys. XLS spreadsheet is nice, thanks for your effort! Please if anyone with some time could make pls playlist files out of these? I will embed them to my flac files then. This would be technically perfect then. I don't care bout filenames and will probably rename to 1..n, but the time signatures is the lot of work, many thanks again.

Edited by Guest

I've tested cutting up the Krakow set yesterday based on the excel and I'm happy with the results. Sometimes it's hard to pick the right moment, but within this set I'm happy with all the choices being made. Thanks for the work phudoshin!

The whole thing about the tracknames...whatevs floats peoples boats. The most important thing is cutting these sets up in a (semi) consistent way.