IGNORED

Most IDM 2016

auxien

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milankovitch cycles - Earth's climate affected in part by parameters of its orbit (including gravitational interactions with Jupiter! Whoa, gas giants being partly responsible for ice ages)

Intentionally losing the "one" in a track to get lost in an amorphous bath of buzzes, clicks, and clanks

Excessive punctuation

Replacing f's with ph's as phrequently as possbile

Maybe being kind of unsure perhaps of what you're probably doing, I guess

The entire sequence of this helicopter hitting a cable and powering down 0:33-onward (for you tenderfeet out there, no one died, all injuries minor)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5aMT9MBfZI

that one guy pulled the cable and it straightened and went right into the blades. what a fuckhead. everything was going just fine "oh i'll go interfere.... OH SHIT!"

jazz! I posted that a couple of years ago or something. it's definitely worth rewatching though, the fact that the guy had a couple of angles on the thing as it went down is pure serendittipy. could have gone very badly.

Guest bitroast

The entire sequence of this helicopter hitting a cable and powering down 0:33-onward (for you tenderfeet out there, no one died, all injuries minor)

that one guy pulled the cable and it straightened and went right into the blades. what a fuckhead. everything was going just fine "oh i'll go interfere.... OH SHIT!"

that slo mo footage :^O

the guys in the helicopter get jolted like CRAZY

Nice article there Chen. Curious and very surprised to see the EmDrive getting some more testing and some movement from scientists as to what the fuck is happening to make it seem like it's working or maybe by chance is somehow actually working.

sent using magic space waves

It is, of course, extremely toxic, but that's the least of the problem. It is hypergolic with every known fuel, and so rapidly hypergolic that no ignition delay has ever been measured. It is also hypergolic with such things as cloth, wood, and test engineers, not to mention asbestos, sand, and water — with which it reacts explosively. It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals — steel, copper, aluminum, etc. — because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminum keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes."[2][18][19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorine_trifluoride

Learning social skills in real life from hanging out in an IDM chatroom.

backstory: I met up with a girl yesterday and she uses sarcasm a lot. We laughed a lot because I speak sarcasm in a good way because I spend a lot of my time chatting with my internet friends. We use sarcasm a lot. It's fun.

babyinhand2.jpg

klein bottles?

klein_bottle.png

they look like the cross through themselves in 3d, but it is like a perspective drawing of a 4d shape that basically does this but doesn't cross over itself!?!

are these things idm? i mmean yess..??

iunno, but this guy def is

• 2 weeks later...

Archived