IGNORED

EU

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know i often get drunk and vent aggressively on these threads about how much i hate the tories, but seriously, judging any situation on a few photos of some fucking racist idiots twitter account? get your shit together.

Coleslaw is great as long as you don't put mayo in it, carrot/red cabbage/onion/cider vinegar/salt+pepper/pinch of sugar. amazing.

also, roast spuds are infinitely better than mashed. remember, I'm Irish, don't step to me on my turf.

i know i often get drunk and vent aggressively on these threads about how much i hate the tories, but seriously, judging any situation on a few photos of some fucking racist idiots twitter account? get your shit together.

Wasn't so much "judging a situation" as illustrating how, within 24 hrs of a slim referendum victory of those who would distance themselves from and deny accusations of xenophobia, that it's become discernibly more "acceptable" to be more openly racist in public, shouting at British muslims, black people and children - or anyone who looks vaguely foreign - in the street, posting "go back to Poland" cards through letterboxes and issuing warnings to pack up and leave the UK within 48hrs under threats of violence.

I was a kid in the late 70s / early 80s and remember gangs of "paki bashers" in my town, NF graffiti and slogans everywhere which I was kind of hoping we wouldn't be returning to, but then with 15 years of Islamophobia fueled by the global media - coupled with mass political illiteracy and widespread stupidity, it's hardly surprising.

but yeah - coleslaw etc

Wasn't so much "judging a situation" as illustrating how, within 24 hrs of a slim referendum victory of those who would distance themselves from and deny accusations of xenophobia, that it's become discernibly more "acceptable" to be more openly racist in public, shouting at British muslims, black people and children - or anyone who looks vaguely foreign - in the street, posting "go back to Poland" cards through letterboxes and issuing warnings to pack up and leave the UK within 48hrs under threats of violence.

I was a kid in the late 70s / early 80s and remember gangs of "paki bashers" in my town, NF graffiti and slogans everywhere which I was kind of hoping we wouldn't be returning to, but then with 15 years of Islamophobia fueled by the global media - coupled with mass political illiteracy and widespread stupidity, it's hardly surprising.

but yeah - coleslaw etc

great post.

This is absolutely how I see it as well.

Probably a lot of parallels to what's going on in America too, how the fuck is someone so blatantly xenophic and racist as trump even a frontrunner?

love coleslaw. marks and sparks thai chilli coleslaw is may fav

also great post

i will totally agree that xenophobia and racism have become way more polarised, more and more hard leftwingers become enraged when you even joke about or bring up race (which my numerous muslim, eastern european, asian friends believe is totally the wrong way to go about it, they all think race should be openly discussed and debated, joked about in a non-vicious, dereogatory way, and accepted as an integral part of who someone is) at the same time as i see the papers chock-a-block full of openly vicious, racist rhetoric to which a huge portion of the population not only doesnt bat and eyelid to, but often agrees with.

honestly though i dont personally know a single leave voter. all of my friends are in what you could describe as a leftwing ideological bubble of similar opinion, because i met them all through partying, music, and general fun, hippys, ecstasy takers, DJ's, artists, poets. which is not a scene where you see pretty much any right wingers whatsoever.

i didnt know a single openly NO voting person during the scottish independence debate either. so my opinion on how the public of our countries think is utterly skewiff.

also, roast spuds are infinitely better than mashed. remember, I'm Irish, don't step to me on my turf.

Rather than check my potato privilege, I'm going to offend you further and say that sweet potatoes shit on white regardless of preparation.

Coleslaw is great as long as you don't put mayo in it, carrot/red cabbage/onion/cider vinegar/salt+pepper/pinch of sugar. amazing.

What the fuck? Do you also prefer your egg salad without mayo. It's just not right!

Mayo IN.

i commited a brutal, sexy drunken crime last night, i mixed some of the spanish style egg fried cajun rice i had made the day before, some of my flatmates chinese black bean noodle/rice, microwaved it a bit, grated a shittonne of cheddar in there, microwaved it another 2 mins to melt that, then at the end i mixed in a bunch of mayonaisse and garlic oil and mushed it all round and sat there in a drunken, stupified sense of bliss. it was phenomonal.

The skin absorbs the flavors you roast with so much better. And you actually get some variety of texture. I like roasted with beef tallow or duck fat in particular.

I have long argued that cole slaw with mayo and cole slaw with vinegar/sugar should be considered different dishes. Vinegar is obviously superior but they each have their place (mayo slaw obviously belongs on nursing home plates and in the trash).

Crazy how important cole slaw is that they had a referendum in Britain over it. But I guess it's great that they're so chill and doing so well that they're bickering and arguing over that and not something insane like trying to cut ties with their greatest partners and allies over dumb racist tendencies that all aging white populations tend to fall into.

I'm definitely in the extremist pro vinegar, anti mayo camp.

i commited a brutal, sexy drunken crime last night, i mixed some of the spanish style egg fried cajun rice i had made the day before, some of my flatmates chinese black bean noodle/rice, microwaved it a bit, grated a shittonne of cheddar in there, microwaved it another 2 mins to melt that, then at the end i mixed in a bunch of mayonaisse and garlic oil and mushed it all round and sat there in a drunken, stupified sense of bliss. it was phenomonal.

that sounds revolting. well done.

Also if you hate mayo, you either haven't had Japanese mayo, or you lack taste and/or imagination.

i love mayo, i just don't want it in my coleslaw.

Also if you hate mayo, you either haven't had Japanese mayo, or you lack taste and/or imagination.

i love mayo, i just don't want it in my coleslaw.

coleslaw is bullshit and some people like raisins in it. sometimes you order a perfectly good pulled pork sandwich and it shows up to the table with fucking coleslaw right on it under the bun.

i've never not thrown out the colseslaw in all my years in the south of the USA.

Mashed potatoes with the skins left in. That's the way to go. Also, haven't seen one mention of Miracle Whip. Call me an uncultured swine, but I love it in many dishes. Egg salad, tuna salad, other shit. Yeah.

Also, haven't seen one mention of Miracle Whip. Call me an uncultured swine, but I love it in many dishes. Egg salad, tuna salad, other shit. Yeah.

Same here, it's good shit.

i absolutely cannot let this pro-mayo trend run rampant on this forum. Mayo OUT

But it's not Mayo it's MIRACLE WHIP.

BRO

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Archived