IGNORED

Something AE_STORE is happening

thehauntingsoul

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said album (or record, can't remember which) earlier on the show, I'm not going to listen to all of it again to point out exactly when.

It's getting annoying having 3 threads about this, can anyone be bothered merging the threads? Or warning the bozo's responsible ''This was not breaking news at your time of posting, uhhhh''. It is really annoying, fix please. Even if that means deleting the threads with the lowest page count.

I agree with Schlitze da Malt Liqua Picka one hundred percent. Just watch too, some big doofus is gonna make a thread in new & upcoming releases as soon as there's confirmation from warp or w/e.

Perhaps we need some sort of idmz poet laureate or tribunal to give titties to the one sanctioned/pinned thread dedicated to a featured artist release, ala the 1-year dry aged oversteps thread, exai, exc

I started to listen to them somewhere around Oversteps tour if I remember correctly (maybe a bit before that). I got most of their discography checked really thoroughly when Exai happened and it still sounded pretty new and a bit confusing to me. Even now Exai sounds like nothing they have done before. This new track sounds like it could be on Exai or L-Event. Every album was very unique to my ears and this is probably the first time I feel the last album sort of continues with this new track if you know what I mean.

Weird, I love Exai but I didn't find it challenging in the least - to me, moreso than any previous album, it sounds like they were bringing together and refining ideas from their whole career.

I haven't listened to the new track yet, plan to wait until it's released in a more official form.

He said record, but that doesn't necessarily imply an album; a single track can be referred to as a record...

I have never heard of a single track referred to as a record - a recordING, perhaps...

Every salt shaker runs dry... every pepper mill faces the daily grind...

I have never heard of a single track referred to as a record

I have, a lot. Maybe it's a Britishism?
I've heard it on American radio in the northeast too.

Edit: on hip-hop stations anyway

Really, never? A "record" has been the radio lingo for a "song" since the 1950s, at the very least. Ie since before the advent of the album, when "record" took on the additional meaning of a collection of songs/tracks.

Really, never? A "record" has been the radio lingo for a "song" since the 1950s, at the very least. Ie since before the advent of the album, when "record" took on the additional meaning of a collection of songs/tracks.

zole

The meaning/usage of words varies with time and place.

no it doesn't

Time: mid 1900s to now.

Place: English speaking countries.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/record

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/record

Archived