IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

17 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Holy shit

right, it's fucking crazy. super spreader event. i wonder how many people they each infected in the following days. 

contact tracing is happening i think so we'll know sooner or later. 

stay the fuck away from republicans. 

• Like 4
  • Burger 1

On 8/25/2020 at 9:13 AM, psn said:

Soon the thread can be renamed "Now that Trump's permanent...".

Or maybe we should go for "Now that Trump's a patient...".

• Like 2

now that trumps president

...we can see the collective intelligence of a sufficiently large number of americans to elect him. how are they so fucking stupid? im serious i dont understand this shit at all but i admit im stupid too and yet i can see why trump's a moron so how much stupider are they than me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

...we can see the collective intelligence of a sufficiently large number of americans to elect him. how are they so fucking stupid? im serious i dont understand this shit at all but i admit im stupid too and yet i can see why trump's a moron so how much stupider are they than me

From a foreigner's point of view there seems to be a hard-core group of conservative constituents who will vote anything and everything not Democrat; they're not voting for a candidate, they're simply voting against the other candidate, the Democratic party, bleeding-heart liberals, gays, people of color, everything that's not them. They don't care as long as the other side doesn't win, and yes, that's just stupid, but that's how divided the US is at the moment, and Trump and his cohorts of sycophants have done their utmost to make the divide as wide and deep as possible. It has nothing to do with intelligence or reason, it's just a knee-jerk reaction based on crisis of identity.

Then again, there's Hanlon's Razor - never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Moderate and even staunch conservatives are facepalming in embarrassment as much as the rest of the non-Trumpists, but the kakistocracy has spread so deep within the echelons of political, monetary and judicial power that it's getting harder and harder to get rid of the civic rot. I really fear for the stability of the US social structure, not least because Trump is pushing one more conservative christian in the Supreme Court, allowing the moral majority to start challenging decisions like Roe vs. Wade, denying women the right to abortion - and try to overturn other human rights legislation.

I don't think you're stupid, we just lack the capacity to process the way the hard-core Trumpists behave because it seems so idiotic, but that's how I think the they reason their way out of the ultimate disaster their presidential nominee is. I would probably have a massive aneurysm and die from the cognitive dissonance if I tried to do the same.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, dcom said:

From a foreigner's point of view there seems to be a hard-core group of right-wing constituents who will vote anything and everything not Democrat; they're not voting for a candidate, they're simply voting against the other candidate, the Democratic party, bleeding-heart liberals, gays, people of color, everything that's not them. They don't care as long as the other side doesn't win, and yes, that's just stupid, but that's how divided the US is at the moment, and Trump and his cohorts of sycophants have done their utmost to make the divide as wide and deep as possible. It has nothing to do with intelligence or reason, it's just a knee-jerk reaction based on fear.

I believe it's a lot of this, and in the past with Republicans it used to be dominated by gun rights, anti-abortion, and evangelical people who would vote the Republican ticket no matter what.  However, Trump was able to mobilize a lot of the racist / populist and all around nasty people who would've just voted for anything against the Dems but didn't have a racist enough candidate to mobilize them to get out and participate in the political process.

6 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

I believe it's a lot of this, and in the past with Republicans it used to be dominated by gun rights, anti-abortion, and evangelical people who would vote the Republican ticket no matter what.  However, Trump was able to mobilize a lot of the racist / populist and all around nasty people who would've just voted for anything against the Dems but didn't have a racist enough candidate to mobilize them to get out and participate in the political process.

basically sounds right shits insane

I wish Trump and Melania an expeditious recovery and hope very much that they will be in good health as they face electoral humiliation, repudiation and the harsh judgement of the American people on Election Day. Trump’s lying has become one of the most lethal events in our nation’s history. If US mortality rates were what they are in Germany, more than 150,000 Americans would still be alive. Trump’s cruel disregard for the American people has ravaged our economy, our kid’s educations and fundamental elements of the American way of life.

Read the full thread unrolled, or go for the original tweet below.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 6:17 AM, nikisoko said:

The emperor has no clothes... right? Or too obvious? Nero was another example that comes up a lot

just got my copy of the 14th edition, printed on valentines day this year. irrelevant factoid but i had to share

10 hours ago, dcom said:

From a foreigner's point of view there seems to be a hard-core group of conservative constituents who will vote anything and everything not Democrat; they're not voting for a candidate, they're simply voting against the other candidate, the Democratic party, bleeding-heart liberals, gays, people of color, everything that's not them. They don't care as long as the other side doesn't win, and yes, that's just stupid, but that's how divided the US is at the moment, and Trump and his cohorts of sycophants have done their utmost to make the divide as wide and deep as possible. It has nothing to do with intelligence or reason, it's just a knee-jerk reaction based on crisis of identity.

Then again, there's Hanlon's Razor - never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Moderate and even staunch conservatives are facepalming in embarrassment as much as the rest of the non-Trumpists, but the kakistocracy has spread so deep within the echelons of political, monetary and judicial power that it's getting harder and harder to get rid of the civic rot. I really fear for the stability of the US social structure, not least because Trump is pushing one more conservative christian in the Supreme Court, allowing the moral majority to start challenging decisions like Roe vs. Wade, denying women the right to abortion - and try to overturn other human rights legislation.

I don't think you're stupid, we just lack the capacity to process the way the hard-core Trumpists behave because it seems so idiotic, but that's how I think the they reason their way out of the ultimate disaster their presidential nominee is. I would probably have a massive aneurysm and die from the cognitive dissonance if I tried to do the same.

The Republican Congress has followed the policy of “block everything Democrat” since the 2006 mid-term elections. It has really stymied any progress in America for almost 15 years.

• Like 3