IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

^ sounds like a bad com truise track playing over that.

anyway, donnie will no doubt pardon them all because, you know, that's the right thing to do... and of course, blame Obama:

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-struggles-explain-culture-lawlessness-around-him-n1237483

The president also feigned ignorance about the We Build The Wall venture, which is a claim that's very difficult to take seriously for a variety of reasons.

At the same White House event today, NBC News' Geoff Bennett followed up with the right question.

"Respectfully, sir, it's not just Steve Bannon. It's Roger Stone, it's Michael Flynn, it's Rick Gates, Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen. What's that say about your judgment that these are the kind of people who you affiliated with, and the culture of lawlessness around people who were involved in the leadership of your 2016 campaign?"

Trump began by saying, he "had no idea" -- about what, he did not specify -- before adding, "There was great lawlessness in the Obama administration. They spied on our campaign illegally."

• Haha 1

This fucking guy. Jesus. “Get the oil” is what he said about every war over there. So here we are.

https://www.newsweek.com/syria-trump-stealing-oil-us-confirms-deal-1526589

In remarks delivered Tuesday and sent to Newsweek by the Syrian permanent mission to the United Nations, representative Bashar al-Jaafari told the U.N. Security Council that "the U.S. occupation forces, in full view of the United Nations and the international community, took a new step to plunder Syria's natural resources, including Syrian oil and gas" through the recent establishment of a company called "Crescent Delta Energy."

This firm, "with the sponsorship and support of the US Administration, has entered into a contract with the so-called 'Syrian Democratic Forces/SDF' militia, an agent of the US occupation forces in northeastern Syria, with the aim of stealing Syrian oil and depriving the Syrian state and Syrian people of the basic revenues necessary to improve the humanitarian situation, provide for livelihood needs and reconstruction," he added

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

This fucking guy. Jesus. “Get the oil” is what he said about every war over there. So here we are.

https://www.newsweek.com/syria-trump-stealing-oil-us-confirms-deal-1526589

In remarks delivered Tuesday and sent to Newsweek by the Syrian permanent mission to the United Nations, representative Bashar al-Jaafari told the U.N. Security Council that "the U.S. occupation forces, in full view of the United Nations and the international community, took a new step to plunder Syria's natural resources, including Syrian oil and gas" through the recent establishment of a company called "Crescent Delta Energy."

This firm, "with the sponsorship and support of the US Administration, has entered into a contract with the so-called 'Syrian Democratic Forces/SDF' militia, an agent of the US occupation forces in northeastern Syria, with the aim of stealing Syrian oil and depriving the Syrian state and Syrian people of the basic revenues necessary to improve the humanitarian situation, provide for livelihood needs and reconstruction," he added

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much same bullshit under Bush, but with a white supremacist trust fundie at the helm. Someone should tell him to drink the oil because it's rich in vitamins.

1 hour ago, randomsummer said:

Can we please start another civil war, or just tell the southern states peace out, go fend for yourselves?

Lame jokes aside civil wars are incredible messy and convoluted - it's never state vs state, region vs region on the ground. The U.S. isn't so much red state / blue state as it is blue urban versus red rural & ex-burb. 

When civil conflicts erupt it's city versus rural, neighborhood vs neighborhood, and a nuanced ebb and flow of various groups warring with each other. Even the U.S. Civil War had these complicated divides - neutral German immigrants were massacred in Texas for not joining, some Native Americans threw in their lot with the confederacy and ultimately lost more than could have ever gained, states in Appalachia now littered in confederate monuments and dixie flags were usually split 50/50 or even more pro-Union. 

Best case scenario we're going to see some violence propagated by right-wing militias in small but nasty incidents even if the election "goes smoothly." We'll have more ugly confrontations in the street before 2020 ends. Worst case scenario is going to be the violence of the summer x10 or x100 in many parts of the U.S. and the cops and national guard will only intervene when it's too late in many cases and in deep red states they'll literally enable right-wing militias. We've already had previews of MAGA brown shirts showing up at protests and shooting people, running people over, or instigating violence and then fleeing as the cops arrest the activists who were assaulted. 

I'm hoping for the best but likewise I literally bought a pump action shotgun expecting the worst. I hope to god I never have to use it beyond hunting and recreational plinking but I feel better knowing it's on hand.

• Like 1

interesting theory...so if I'm born here, but left a long time ago, then I'm no longer from here. makes sense...if a large chunk of your frontal lobe is no longer operating.

and hasn't donnie floated the idea before that he may or may not have been born in Queens, and may have been born in Germany instead? or was that his dad? so hard to keep track of all these lies...

56 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

Lame jokes aside civil wars are incredible messy and convoluted - it's never state vs state, region vs region on the ground. The U.S. isn't so much red state / blue state as it is blue urban versus red rural & ex-burb. 

When civil conflicts erupt it's city versus rural, neighborhood vs neighborhood, and a nuanced ebb and flow of various groups warring with each other. Even the U.S. Civil War had these complicated divides - neutral German immigrants were massacred in Texas for not joining, some Native Americans threw in their lot with the confederacy and ultimately lost more than could have ever gained, states in Appalachia now littered in confederate monuments and dixie flags were usually split 50/50 or even more pro-Union. 

Best case scenario we're going to see some violence propagated by right-wing militias in small but nasty incidents even if the election "goes smoothly." We'll have more ugly confrontations in the street before 2020 ends. Worst case scenario is going to be the violence of the summer x10 or x100 in many parts of the U.S. and the cops and national guard will only intervene when it's too late in many cases and in deep red states they'll literally enable right-wing militias. We've already had previews of MAGA brown shirts showing up at protests and shooting people, running people over, or instigating violence and then fleeing as the cops arrest the activists who were assaulted. 

I'm hoping for the best but likewise I literally bought a pump action shotgun expecting the worst. I hope to god I never have to use it beyond hunting and recreational plinking but I feel better knowing it's on hand.

i think the worst case scenario is far worse.

the US has a huge military. in may of this year, as trump tear-gassed peaceful protestors, and pushed to invoke the insurrection act, we saw numerous military officials suddenly speaking out very forcefully and clearly. some say that, in the end, it would be up to them to stand up against a tyrant. would we see factions within the military? when i try to game out these scenarios, the military, or military factions, are big players. of course we really want to avoid that, and now is when we can nullify the scenario through communication, voting, and participation.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, zero said:

and hasn't donnie floated the idea before that he may or may not have been born in Queens, and may have been born in Germany instead? or was that his dad? so hard to keep track of all these lies...

He was born in NYC but he claimed to have Swedish roots while in fact he has German roots. His family has denied their German heritage because during and after WW2 it was disadvantageous to be German or have German heritage in the US.

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, randomsummer said:

Can we please start another civil war, or just tell the southern states peace out, go fend for yourselves?

another civil war wouldn't look like the last one w/north vs south.. it would be everywhere vs everywhere. 

• Like 1

Maybe it’s because I’m tuning in to less political content around here lately, but I’ve noticed a general downturn in Trump-apologists on many of the more popular political threads. 
My main question is: how many of you guys are STILL Trump fans?
If so, why?

1 hour ago, joshuatxuk said:

17 minutes ago, ignatius said:

another civil war wouldn't look like the last one w/north vs south.. it would be everywhere vs everywhere. 

Yeah you guys are right, my joke was super lame.  I'm just really frustrated that the nuts in that video seem to be the ones driving the country right now but hey that's democracy in the current age, right?

44 minutes ago, very honest said:

i think the worst case scenario is far worse.

the US has a huge military. in may of this year, as trump tear-gassed peaceful protestors, and pushed to invoke the insurrection act, we saw numerous military officials suddenly speaking out very forcefully and clearly. some say that, in the end, it would be up to them to stand up against a tyrant. would we see factions within the military? when i try to game out these scenarios, the military, or military factions, are big players. of course we really want to avoid that, and now is when we can nullify the scenario through communication, voting, and participation.

2124650955_f187f98604_c.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Maybe it’s because I’m tuning in to less political content around here lately, but I’ve noticed a general downturn in Trump-apologists on many of the more popular political threads. 
My main question is: how many of you guys are STILL Trump fans?
If so, why?

I chime in on this thread fairly regularly, and don't recall seeing many pro-trumpers around here? I think maybe there were 1 or 2 that were either playing devil's advocate or were trolling awhile back...but they dropped off fairly quick. it's just been more of the same really for the past several hundred pages - articles/links to stupid things donald says, laughing at him collectively, and general moaning that the country is circling down the shitter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

how many of you guys are STILL Trump fans?

I haven't seen a single person say they like Trump on here. I'm sure a few exist, but they're few and far between enough that I never see them.

4 hours ago, zero said:

interesting theory...so if I'm born here, but left a long time ago, then I'm no longer from here. makes sense...

this is especially the case if you are running for president, not to mention there is the question whether kamala harris is even eligible to be vice-president.

also- have you noticed how reporters have zero drive when asking joe biden questions? trump constantly gets hard questions- like they're grilling him. what's up with that?

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Brisbot said:

btw I haven't had time to shift thru all the news the past few days. Is Trump actually in hot water, or is nothing likely to happen to him as the news is being hyperbolic.

the DOJ and the senate are corrupted and compromised so trump is unchecked and he is presently carrying out a major operation to bust out the election.

Edited by very honest
  • Confused 1