IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

1 hour ago, zero said:

^ just more tough guy posturing from an idiot, who honestly has no clue what to do in any situation. donnie was jealous because they made an announcement, so he has to make a bigger splash than them. another useless threat that is nothing more than showmanship.

he says he told the navy. as in, actual chain of command, not just a tweet. there was a missile exchange 4 months ago with casualties on both sides. i'm not saying a conflict is more likely than not. obvously there are incentives against it for both sides. but people should be concerned because war often happens by unforeseen events and escalations.

iranian speed boats like to charge US ships and have been doing it for years. why? because they want to be shot, so they can blame the US. and they will retaliate. and who knows what trump will do, then. maybe iran would prefer war time, politically. trump, too? 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, timbre monke said:

We could have a 5-year-old calling the shots and no one would tell the difference.

How well he would handle it at best be Superb, and at worst just 'very good' so yeah.

• Burger 1

pretty good idea - in case that fails they should also try putting the infected humans into incinerators because that is guaranteed to kill the virus. at the very least, they should test it

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Facepalm 2
  • Burger 1

I microwave my burgers to disinfect my McD's.  We need human sized microwaves, if we're gonna get serious about this thing.
that should be our final solution to this covid-19 problem. microwave ovens...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

that should be our final solution to this covid-19 problem. microwave ovens...

i await the final solution white house press briefing. 

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

Twitter names Trump the 'Tide Pods' president after he suggests disinfectant injections

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/23/coronavirus-twitter-reacts-tide-pods-jokes-after-trump-comments/3017279001/

:wtf:

Edited by very honest

I'm starting to admire the ridiculousness. It's a perfect storm. Then I read this small business anecdote and the seething starts again.

• Sad 1

I remember on the first message board I visited regularly in the mid 2000's, a common troll/insult or whatever to a stupid post was "huff Raid". Now, we how our president telling us to basically huff Raid, sincerely. 

Starting to feel that Trump is a Democratic deep agent on a mission to covertly kill of the Republican voter base.

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 2

6 hours ago, Gocab said:

Trump is the best scientist of all time.

every good con man knows how to play the part of a doctor, a scientist, an airplane pilot, businessman, secret agent, etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, milkface said:

Anti-intellectualism will be the death of right wing populist nations. The first stage of this process is already unfolding it seems.

it's beyond that. it's been happening for years and is really blooming under trump. but it's been a battle for along time.. from text books being full of bad information or religious type nonsense in some states to the GOP's long long battle to destroy the public school system in america. USA school system used to be really good but starting in the 70s was a focal point for GOP efforts to defund/destroy/privatize. california used to have one of the best public school systems in the entire world. 

USA politics has largely been emotional rather than intellectual, to make some generalizations of category, and this filters into everything in american culture and effects funding/defunding of huge programs etc. so much is based on image and appearance rather than actual factual information. 

it's a sad dangerous trend and we're deep in to a couple generations of destroyed educational opportunities for lot's of people here. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Farnsworth 1

donnie's been walking back all the stupid stuff he said yesterday. the lysol/bleach thing was apparently just a joke:

When asked Friday during a bill signing in the Oval Office to expand upon this, Trump said it was not intended as a serious suggestion.

“I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,” Trump said.

• Facepalm 3

Michael Caputo, Trump’s New HHS Spokesman, Prepped for Job by Writing Wildly Racist Tweets

“Millions of Chinese suck the blood out of rabid bats as an appetizer and eat the ass out of anteaters.”