IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

My friend was waiting at a stop light, sunny afternoon, when this she noticed this guy running down the street with blood dripping down his face.  So... she's stopped, there are other cars and people around, obviously she stays in her car because what else is she going to do?  Anyway, he ends up jumping on the hood of her car, starts kicking in her windshield, and screams "I'm gonna fucking kill you, bitch!!"  

Unfortunately my memory of her anecdote is a bit hazy at this point.  Possibly the guy was also brandishing an axe?  I believe two cops end up tackling him to the ground before he can murder her.  Not sure what sort of impact the experience had on her psychologically, but she seemed to take the whole thing in stride.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, milkface said:

I remember a few years back my friend heard some guy getting his head smashed in (victim recovered fine) with a hammer right outside his front door

Where was this?

By the way, this happened on my third night here.  I expect crazier shit to go down during my time in this city.  One of my coworkers is from the same neighborhood I live in and he said most of his friends are dead now.  The guy looks younger than me, so that says something about this place.

Edited by drillkicker

There are heart shaped Cheerios in my cereal. I thought maybe I was just trippin.. so I just checked again, and, sure enough, there are heart shaped Cheerios in my cereal.

AromaticEmotionalBison-max-1mb.gif

16 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I got to hear someone get attacked by a lunatic outside my window last night.  I guess that's a regular Baltimore thing.

omar yo. omar coming. 

saw a bunch of crazy shit in miami over the years.  mega crazy random violence and drama between pimps and all kinds of shit. 

had to stay on your toes. 

Edited by ignatius

6 hours ago, drillkicker said:

One of my coworkers is from the same neighborhood I live in and he said most of his friends are dead now.  The guy looks younger than me, so that says something about this place.

I think you may want to consider moving.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Where was this?

By the way, this happened on my third night here.  I expect crazier shit to go down during my time in this city.  One of my coworkers is from the same neighborhood I live in and he said most of his friends are dead now.  The guy looks younger than me, so that says something about this place.

Hemel Hempstead, UK

Always remember when Anthony Bourdain visited Glasgow (there was a segment about high levels of violence and knife attacks) and observed that sure you could end up having a fight if you didn’t engage a level of common sense but really it was like a day out at Disney Land compared to some cities in the U.S. And I believed him.

Edited by beerwolf

its weird to me that we've spent so much time & money trying to develop AI, but we haven't started a program (afaik) to find the most intelligent individuals amongst the great apes & have them mate. if we had started doing this in the 50s we could have had an entire gorilla metropolis at this point

• Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

its weird to me that we've spent so much time & money trying to develop AI, but we haven't started a program (afaik) to find the most intelligent individuals amongst the great apes & have them mate. if we had started doing this in the 50s we could have had an entire gorilla metropolis at this point

do you want planet of the apes to become a documentary or something?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

I'm about half-certain that some womens at the gym have been checking me out lately. I say half because I'm too afraid to make eye contact.

Just wear dark sunglasses. You'll look super cool too.

Edited by yekker
  • Thanks 1

I put my gym clothes in the laundry after I got home this evening and now it's bedtime and I just realized that the washing machine didn't start.  Now I have to be tired tomorrow.

• Like 1

FWP: woman who seemed like a prospective longterm partner said she can't see us as a serious longterm thing due to different priorities.  But on the plus side, she really enjoys sleeping with me and would like to continue to do so on a casual basis.  It was a weird heartbreak/ego boost double whammy.  I initiated it by asking where she saw us potentially heading in the future.  Glad I got it out in the open sooner rather than later, especially since I'd been ignoring the apps out of a sense of loyalty to her.  Hopefully none of the new matches I've ignored for the last week and a half take offence at my super delayed intro message... the first one to message me seems like trouble.  

• Like 1