IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

why are pitted olives olives that have the pits removed? It seems like it should be olives that still have the pits in them, or they should call them "pitless" olives

I ran into this problem last week when someone put green olives in my salad and didn't specify if they still had pits. A heads up would have been nice.

^ yeah, the word invaluable drove me nuts as a kid.  Still don't like it but will use it if I have to.

Also, since the advent of the internet age people have misused the word disinterested so much that it's become an acceptable synonym for uninterested.

(Apologies if any of y'all are disinterested in this word stuff)

My chewing-tinfoil of grammar that only reared its ugly head in the internet age is 'on accident' and its variants.

U G H

G

H

Reminds me of a story I heard from a colleague. Colleague's Mum was a nurse in a mental health facility. Admitted a young girl (early 20s) who'd had some kind of psychotic breakdown. They placed her on 24hr suicide watch. 10hrs in, colleague's Mum's relief turns up. They're both out of the room for 5mins tops doing a handover. When the other nurse went in, this girl had pulled one of her eyeballs out and ate it.

She also apparently said "the Devil made me do it"

Reminds me of a story I heard from a colleague. Colleague's Mum was a nurse in a mental health facility. Admitted a young girl (early 20s) who'd had some kind of psychotic breakdown. They placed her on 24hr suicide watch. 10hrs in, colleague's Mum's relief turns up. They're both out of the room for 5mins tops doing a handover. When the other nurse went in, this girl had pulled one of her eyeballs out and ate it.

Friend of my wife's, her schizophrenic brother cut off his own hand, and it was either because the Devil or Jesus told him to do it, can't remember which. I guess the Devil makes more sense, but I could have sworn it was Jeebus. I'll have to ask again

Friend of my wife's, her schizophrenic brother cut off his own hand, and it was either because the Devil or Jesus told him to do it, can't remember which. I guess the Devil makes more sense, but I could have sworn it was Jeebus. I'll have to ask again

Mark 9:43
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched

Also

Matthew 5:29
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

I'm disappointed with the music loop vids out there, where someone takes a section of a song and loops it for 1-10 hours.  No one ever chooses the most optimal loop points that would lead to the most hilarious results.  I might have to start a youtube channel for this express purpose, since no one else seems to be getting it right.

I'm disappointed with the music loop vids out there, where someone takes a section of a song and loops it for 1-10 hours.  No one ever chooses the most optimal loop points that would lead to the most hilarious results.  I might have to start a youtube channel for this express purpose, since no one else seems to be getting it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaZUAANUPrk&t=868s

I always thought "taking it on the chin" meant getting a load of cum on ones chin bit I just realized "it" means punches, not cum.

Sorry to interrupt, but if I may backpedal a bit-

That Axl reggae loop really nails it.  If I were to start a YT loop channel, every vid would be shooting for that level of quality.  The yodel one would have been strong if the song built for a bit, but then looped on a couple choice measures that really hit hard.  When an entire song loops you can forget you're even listening to a loop.  Not enough loopiness.  More of less is more.

Around this time every year, I try to get through that entire yodeling video. I've gotten up to three hours in previous attempts.

on the bus, last stop is at the hospital, train of thought goes:

'statistically there must be someone going to the hospital right now -> theres no good reason why someone would have to go to the hospital on a saturday night -> [a minute of consideration] -> actually there's plenty ->   ...   -> but all those good reasons imply the posibility of something having gone wrong ->  ...  -> I think

related pointless thought: most pointless thought are pointless to the point of not being worth posting here, thus making most posts in this thread not entirely relevant, or not as much as they should

Passively overhearing a colleague gabbing to another colleague and she's talking about her house being clean because of an OCDesque daughter staying over for xmas. She's very cockney so 'house' sounds a bit like 'arse'.

"so my arse is spotless at the moment, it's never been cleaner, you could eat your dinner off it"

And I'm just sitting behind a monitor being midly amused but unable to share it with anyone.....until now