IGNORED

Cryptocurrency as the next significant stage for computing technology, not just an investment

andihow

WASHINGTON—Bitcoin’s price rose after President Biden announced an executive order to study digital currencies, a move the industry welcomed and skeptics decried as delaying needed regulation.

The order, titled “Ensuring Responsible Development of Digital Assets,” directed agencies across the federal government to produce reports on digital currencies and consider new regulations. It outlined the risks cryptocurrencies pose to the economy, national security and climate, while also noting their possible benefits.

It also asked agencies to review the possibility of issuing a digital version of the dollar, tasking the Justice Department with assessing whether it would require new legislation and possibly preparing such legislation. Some central banks around the world have experimented with the concept to keep pace with private-sector payments innovations, and the Federal Reserve has already started to evaluate the possibility.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-to-order-study-of-cryptocurrency-risk-creation-of-u-s-digital-currency-11646823600

DelayedAmazingAsianelephant-size_restric

• Burger 2

On 3/9/2022 at 8:26 AM, ignatius said:

listened to the 2 part podcast about crytpo on behind the bastards. it's hilarious how big of a scam it all is. it's a 'scene' ripe with scammers and incompetent people trying to make a buck. 

also explains the limitations of the blockchain and how it happened kind of by accident since the guy who created it was just doing some experiments to see if the proof of concept worked. he didn't expect it to be the end of it or finished product. 

i dont believe this narrative at all.  its clear he had big vision for it and thought it was world changing.  you can read his own words in a nice compilation book:

https://www.bookofsatoshi.com/

"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry" -Satoshi

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0KvafOWEAUC3fM?format=png&name=large

ever since the beginning of bitcoin people have been making these inane comments and this was their reply lmao

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli

8 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

i dont believe this narrative at all.  its clear he had big vision for it and thought it was world changing.  you can read his own words in a nice compilation book:

https://www.bookofsatoshi.com/

"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry" -Satoshi

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0KvafOWEAUC3fM?format=png&name=large

ever since the beginning of bitcoin people have been making these inane comments and this was their reply lmao

that book sounds like a book of myths.  various things i've read state that bitcoin was an attempt at something that was expected to evolve and it wasn't intended to be the finished product.  but whatever. the blockchain limitations have it handcuffed and it'll never replace credit cards for transactions or even cash.  blockchain will never be able to complete the amount of transactions per second necessary. w/o somehow overcoming this limitation it's always going to be a niche oddity. also, the mainstream public isn't convinced about its safety and security. 

it's also full of scams and can easily go poof and vanish many bitcoins into thin digital air. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

i like when a book tells me upfront, in really big font, how many pages it is

If it's less than 400 pages, I refuse to spend a single bitcoin dollar on it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

i like when a book tells me upfront, in really big font, how many pages it is

how many pages I don't have to read. it's telling you how much time of your life you're saving, basically. pretty thoughtful innit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

that book sounds like a book of myths.  various things i've read state that bitcoin was an attempt at something that was expected to evolve and it wasn't intended to be the finished product.  but whatever. the blockchain limitations have it handcuffed and it'll never replace credit cards for transactions or even cash.  blockchain will never be able to complete the amount of transactions per second necessary. w/o somehow overcoming this limitation it's always going to be a niche oddity. also, the mainstream public isn't convinced about its safety and security. 

it's also full of scams and can easily go poof and vanish many bitcoins into thin digital air. 

its not a book of myths its a book of copied and pasted forum quotes from satoshi himself

2 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

its not a book of myths its a book of copied and pasted forum quotes from satoshi himself

Since no one knows who Satoshi is....

18 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Since no one knows who Satoshi is....

i understand you guys hate bitcoin but these types of responses are really boring.  of course we know who satoshi is.  he has known forum handles

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

this is 101 tier stuff.  imagine opposing bitcoin not knowing this kinda thing

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli

1 hour ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

i understand you guys hate bitcoin but these types of responses are really boring.  of course we know who satoshi is.  he has known forum handles

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

this is 101 tier stuff.  imagine opposing bitcoin not knowing this kinda thing

Oh so Satoshi is Satoshi. Got it.

Btw - humorous ambivalence is probably a more accurate description of my feelings toward Bitcoin.

1 hour ago, TubularCorporation said:

$500k isn't really much to write home about, that's barely enough to get a GIF of LeBron dunking.

people spending that on an NFT are up to something. that artist Beeple... turns out the guy who bought his "daily art projects" or whatever it was called.. not even his best work.. just like sketchpad.. anywya..the guy who bought that is someone he's going into business with to start their own crypto brand or something.. their own currency or whatever.. adn they're doing some licensing thing with his art where it's being subdivided and they're selling 'shares' of the nft. there's been so many straight up grifts already. METAVERSE antics will be even murkier and harder to track real time.  

jesus.. at this point in my life $500k would be so life changing i don't even want to dream about it.  

• Like 1

Remember, a lot of the people who involved in crypto/NFT scams are livestreamers who are getting paid sometimes 6-7 figures a week to shill offshore gambling sites that are ALSO involved in crypto - gambling sites paying influencers to pump shitcoins the gambling sites have a stake in, etc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...