IGNORED

Cryptocurrency as the next significant stage for computing technology, not just an investment

andihow

Patryn, who changed his legal name twice, was the co-founder of QuadrigaCX, a Canadian exchange that shut down after Patryn's partner Gerald Cotten suddenly died in India in 2018 while owing users around $190 million in crypto at the time’s exchange rate. Patryn and Cotten reportedly parted ways in 2016. Later, investigators determined that Cotten was operating QuadrigaCX as a Ponzi scheme near the end of its life.

Patryn has been convicted of several crimes, including computer fraud and bank and credit fraud, as Bloomberg reported in 2019. After the original tweets that revealed Sifu is Patryn, Daniele Sestagalli, the founder of Wonderland, confirmed the allegation. Sestagalli is a prolific developer who is behind multiple DeFi projects, including Abracadabra's Magic Internet Money (MIM) token. 

Crypto Co-Founder Revealed to Be Infamous Fraudster, Investors Shaken (Vice)

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

For a nation's economy to function effectively, its citizens must have confidence in its money and payment services. The Federal Reserve, as the nation's central bank, works to maintain the public's confidence by fostering monetary stability, financial stability, and a safe and efficient payment system.

This paper is the first step in a public discussion between the Federal Reserve and stakeholders about central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). For the purpose of this paper, a CBDC is defined as a digital liability of a central bank that is widely available to the general public. In this respect, it is analogous to a digital form of paper money. The paper has been designed to foster a broad and transparent public dialogue about CBDCs in general, and about the potential benefits and risks of a U.S. CBDC. The paper is not intended to advance any specific policy outcome, nor is it intended to signal that the Federal Reserve will make any imminent decisions about the appropriateness of issuing a U.S. CBDC.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/publications/january-2022-cbdc.htm

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

11 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

they always have the best aesthetic

but lol at the shill for their crypto at the end

i wanna see instragram executives in jail for hosting a drug marketplace probably bigger than the silk road

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

watched a doc about tha trial and ross ulbricht. it's so crazy. he got railroaded for sure. half the trial hinged on who was the "dread pirate roberts" user. it could've been anyone and there was more than one user using that name but there's one guy who was the main user and he split and 'donated' the username to ross basically shifting all the blame to him and no one picked up on it. the defense was unable to make this clear.. that literally anyone could've been posting as dread pirate roberts. 

it's all really shitty and sad. double life sentence is just crazy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Experts like Peter Klein, a cognitive behavioural psychotherapist who offers CBT for cryptocurrency-related mental health issues, have warned that the market crash will have caused an “increase in the severity of the crypto addiction symptoms that people are experiencing”. It seems like this fast-growing investor community is generating its own fast-growing mental health crisis.

‘Crypto Ruined My Life’: The Mental Health Crisis Hitting Bitcoin Investors (VICE)

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 10:21 PM, ignatius said:

watched a doc about tha trial and ross ulbricht. it's so crazy. he got railroaded for sure. half the trial hinged on who was the "dread pirate roberts" user. it could've been anyone and there was more than one user using that name but there's one guy who was the main user and he split and 'donated' the username to ross basically shifting all the blame to him and no one picked up on it. the defense was unable to make this clear.. that literally anyone could've been posting as dread pirate roberts. 

it's all really shitty and sad. double life sentence is just crazy. 

Didn't he turn down a plea deal that might have freed him after ten years? oops!

Without the possibility of parole, it's an inhumane sentence even if Ulbricht is a piece of shit The US gov decided to make an example of him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/crypto/status/1446567897824997391

March 7 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden is expected to sign an executive order this week on cryptocurrencies, outlining his administration's view of digital assets and directing further study of economic, regulatory and national security issues

giphy.gif

biden coming after my (and your) crypto bag

On 1/31/2022 at 3:24 PM, ignatius said:

nn615k4cc0f81.jpg?width=600&auto=webp&s=

This is like when me and a friend used to joke about how we were going to patent food (not a specific food, just food in totality) so that we could get payed any time anyone ate. We were 12 and the joke was that it was such a stupid idea to 12 year olds.

I guess the secret to success in the new guilded age is to have less self awareness than a 12 year old.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 3

A pizza place in my neighborhood closed a few months ago and the business that's moving in has been remodelling for a while.  I went by today and they finally ahve a sign up - it's called PIZZA COIN, and I can't find a web site for them but I'm worried. Crypto bros ned to stay the fuck out of the pizza industry.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

56 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

yeah uh lemme get a slice of cryptoroni and a large diet doge

epic

would you like a complimentary NFT dipping sauce?

listened to the 2 part podcast about crytpo on behind the bastards. it's hilarious how big of a scam it all is. it's a 'scene' ripe with scammers and incompetent people trying to make a buck. 

also explains the limitations of the blockchain and how it happened kind of by accident since the guy who created it was just doing some experiments to see if the proof of concept worked. he didn't expect it to be the end of it or finished product.