IGNORED

Latest compact disc purchase.

whosebrian

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 2:40 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:

I think it's these things you put in cameras? :shrug:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoxSdYej6MSMPwQ0Z32

No, according to the image, those are PCs, I think you got the two mixed up.

On 2/2/2020 at 2:37 AM, TubularCorporation said:

What's a compact disc?

It's like a Laserdisc, but smaller.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDEM said:
On 2/1/2020 at 6:40 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

I think it's these things you put in cameras? :shrug:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoxSdYej6MSMPwQ0Z32

Read more  

No, according to the image, those are PCs, I think you got the two mixed up.

ugh I'm so bad with all this newfangled technology =(

Blood Stereo - Two Paths to the Outer Edge

Dylan Nyoukis - Nothing to See, Hear

Chocolate Monk's ultra limited CDr release regime is the only thing that keeps me buying CDs in 2020 

just bought Swarm & Dither and Irrevocably Overdriven Break Freakout Megamix by Hrvatski

Also Kid606 - Kill Sound Before Sound Kills you

Squarepusher - Ultravisitor

Edited by thumbass

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_3104.thumb.jpg.31cc3d05e1f5aab51556fb8cfc1b7a01.jpg

bought one for super cheap promo price and got sent two because the label is really cool like that i guess? i think the Wander album isn't even released maybe?? can't find it on their BC, really good. give them a spin... both are good chill ambient moody stuffs

Beastie Boys - The In Sound From Way Out, Hello Nasty, Check Your Head

St Germain - Tourist

Green Day - Nimrod

Radiohead - The Bends

old stuff I used to listen to back in 2000 so I bought as soon as I spotted it...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Four Tet -- Sixteen Oceans

Kreidler -- Eve Future

Kreidler -- Mosaik 2014

Kreidler -- Den

The Oratory of Divine Love -- Purgatorio

The Postal Service -- Give Up (Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition) 

Edited by IDEM

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jafs said:

I guess it's the freshly reissue which has been remastered. How does those 3 sound?

I can't really compare, because even though I was familiar with the originals, I never actually owned them (which is why this bundle was convenient). He obviously knows what he's doing, having worked at Dubplates & Mastering before and now operating his own mastering studio with ~scape mastering, but I guess they already sounded pretty good anyway, so I don't think that much has changed really; this is from a recent interview where he was asked about any major changes in sound for the re-issues: 

"I don't like the term 're-mastering'. That's only called for if the original pressing didn't actually sound good. Here I just made sure that the vinyl sounded a little more open in parts, because there was a tad too little treble here and there on Pole 1 and 2, and most importantly that cutting flaws like distortion and needle jumping were corrected. Otherwise, the box set was meant to replicate the vibe from back then a 100%. So I deliberately didn't make everything LOUDER, but rather adjusted some inaccuracies without removing their charm."

Complete interview in German 

Edited by IDEM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Otherwise, the box set was meant to replicate the vibe from back then a 100%. So I deliberately didn't make everything LOUDER, but rather adjusted some inaccuracies without removing their charm."

I didn't even had any doubt he would say and do this in any different way, but still it's good to read before I can listen to this reissue.

Maybe the real improvement is the packaging, which is also good news since the previous issue from 2008 was not really doing any kind of justice to what's inside, editorialy and in terms of preservation. Just saying.

Edited by Jafs

1 hour ago, Jafs said:

I didn't even had any doubt he would say and do this in any different way, but still it's good to read before I can listen to this reissue.

Maybe the real improvement is the packaging, which is also good news since the previous issue from 2008 was not really doing any kind of justice to what's inside, editorialy and in terms of preservation. Just saying.

Yeah, packaging is really nice in person, nothing too fancy, but very slick looking. Totally happy with the purchase for the price.

Found an awesome deal for old UR bundle. Dunno how long Revolution For Change has been on my discogs wishlist but should get it here soon

R-12094-1250826089.jpeg.jpg

R-1579167-1540504382-8246.jpeg.jpg

R-12764-1347656506-7822.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...