IGNORED

Wisp/Dwaallicht Appreciation & Track Sharing

Brisbot

On 12/31/2021 at 3:43 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone know what Reid does for a living? Wonder how he makes his life in between sparse releases. 

I heard that he sells ketchup flavoured jelly beans. 

12 hours ago, YEK said:

I heard that he sells ketchup flavoured jelly beans. 

Makes sense to me.

Actually I wonder about many artists with a similar following. EOD for instance. Just wondering if it's possible to make ends meet at that level. Or if the music only pays for so much. I've heard of the concept of getting 1000 ' dedicated fans' that would buy most of your stuff. At this point I'd say they have an extensive discography and have around that amount of dedicated fans. Total conjecture on my part.

Edited by Brisbot

• 2 months later...

There are a bunch of wisp tracks listed on his discogs released from 2019-2021 I couldn’t find anywhere. Neither google or bandcamp. Anyone got a hint where these dropped?

https://www.discogs.com/artist/482388-Reid-W-Dunn

Yondersnow_1-6-20 (File, MP3, 192)

Break Test (File, MP3, 192)

Mixolyd-euclid (File, MP3, 192)

Normally some obscure ones are uploaded to YouTube but no luck 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 3:33 PM, o00o said:

There are a bunch of wisp tracks listed on his discogs released from 2019-2021 I couldn’t find anywhere. Neither google or bandcamp. Anyone got a hint where these dropped?

Facebook? (I'm not on FB, so honestly no idea!)

Like to know as well, btw. ? There's a bunch of self released tracks according to discogs. And I have none of them ?

there are even some in this topic I didn't know about. He should just shadowdrop them on bandcamp so they do not get lost in poor quality on some random weird streaming site. its zero efford

Edited by o00o

On 4/15/2023 at 3:33 PM, o00o said:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/17/2023 at 2:50 AM, Brisbot said:

Makes sense to me.

Actually I wonder about many artists with a similar following. EOD for instance. Just wondering if it's possible to make ends meet at that level. Or if the music only pays for so much. I've heard of the concept of getting 1000 ' dedicated fans' that would buy most of your stuff. At this point I'd say they have an extensive discography and have around that amount of dedicated fans. Total conjecture on my part.

I guess you could do that if you moved to a low cost country. Leyland Kirby lives in Poland, and seem to make a living out of making music. For EOD? No chance of make a decent living out of 1000 dedicated fans residing in Norway. An old acquaintance of mine quit a very good job in public radio and moved to Berlin around 2010 to make a living of making music. He has managed to do that since, mostly because of excessive DJing and affordable costs. I´m happy for him, but wonder what it will be like when he turns 50? 60?

Anyway. I searched for this topic because I wondered what Wisp do these days. Probably a boring job and a family. But can he please release some of his old stuff on bandcamp? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, scumtron said:

I guess you could do that if you moved to a low cost country. Leyland Kirby lives in Poland, and seem to make a living out of making music. For EOD? No chance of make a decent living out of 1000 dedicated fans residing in Norway. An old acquaintance of mine quit a very good job in public radio and moved to Berlin around 2010 to make a living of making music. He has managed to do that since, mostly because of excessive DJing and affordable costs. I´m happy for him, but wonder what it will be like when he turns 50? 60?

Anyway. I searched for this topic because I wondered what Wisp do these days. Probably a boring job and a family. But can he please release some of his old stuff on bandcamp? 

Pretty sure Leyland back in England.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 5:13 PM, hayhook said:

Bummer that wisp archives site died. 

It was preserved on archive.org, you can find it linked on his artist profile on Discogs. All of the download links there are still intact if I am not mistaken!

• Like 1

maybe he considers rephlex his pinacle of success and richard is the only person he still sends unreleased tracks to

Edited by o00o