IGNORED

Wisp/Dwaallicht Appreciation & Track Sharing

Brisbot

On 4/10/2020 at 10:53 PM, Brisbot said:

New track shared on FB called "JYSNBN" or "JACKYOURSTEEL". It's really awesome. I could do with more like this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KUH8gzDXY9qe9seiBxf9kbEWKdaz6jPr/view?fbclid=IwAR2HLj__5QjrkPoBLa1IzrnJOOLy7iyUlXaRgcOhiiFsK7BFvX2_e3qfkDM

Euh....was this a joke? I'm hearing 13 in a dozen techno. Not afraid of techno, but what dis? Seriously? I could do with less like this

• 4 weeks later...

On 4/17/2020 at 4:41 AM, goDel said:

Euh....was this a joke? I'm hearing 13 in a dozen techno. Not afraid of techno, but what dis? Seriously? I could do with less like this

I disagree but no one likes every track by any artist. Even ones that most people think are good or great, so yeah

On 10/20/2018 at 2:48 AM, batch said:

Wisp's "SAW 2 Reworked" was great

saw2reworked.jpg.4300269e0b663066ce107b2379203cc5.jpg

1. Cliffs (1043 Mix)
  2. Rhubarb (1159 Mix)
  3. Z Twig (6040 Mix)
  4. Lichen (1136 Mix)

If I remember correctly RDJ played one of these in a DJ set shortly before Wisp got signed to Rephlex

Also I still listen to About Things That Never Were a lot. Was the soundtrack to a trip I took to Japan about 15 years ago.

Edited by zazen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2020 at 5:41 PM, zazen said:

Wisp's "SAW 2 Reworked" was great

Woah I forgot about these! I know about them but haven't had a listen yet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 1:20 AM, mattlines said:

I listen to the Welkin EP frequently and the intro to Humidex always gets me hype af

Yes, the Welkin EP is the thing I've come back to the most by him in the last few years, it's cemented itself as one of my favs by him and modern "braindance" in general. I've played Humidex and Firmament in some of my small dj sets for my (less braindance-immersed) friends, they definitely get it.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He did a couple of Xmas EPs quite a while back and it was some of the only "holiday music" I ever used to play hehe 

Cool bump. Hadn't listened to this guy in quite awhile. In A Blue Face and Pleeper EP are solid. Good to know he's still making tunes. 

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 6:44 PM, toaoaoad said:

Cool bump. Hadn't listened to this guy in quite awhile.

I don't see how that is possible after you hear his music. Once you go Wisp, you never go back.

thx for links, lol

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/15/2020 at 12:20 AM, Frank Poole said:

I listen to the Welkin EP frequently and the intro to Humidex always gets me hype af

Old post, but everytime I go a while without listening to his stuff, and then listen to humidex, it's like hearing it for the first time. It's ridiculously catchy.

I noticed about that Welkin EP, he seems to use a LOT of tropes in electronic music, but he uses them so well it feels fresh AF.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:43 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone know what Reid does for a living? Wonder how he makes his life in between sparse releases. 

I wonder this too so you are not alone. Lol.

• Like 2