BCM

14 hours ago, chenGOD said:

You gave me a copy of the book. ? I read it and passed it on to someone else who i thought would appreciate it. 

It was a great read. Full of scumbags in general. 

lol excellent. I am old, my brain resembling a swiss cheese

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, so far it seems to have been a pretty silly idea. I am at least enjoying the schadenfreude that everyone suffering brutally at the moment are segments of the population that voted overwhelmingly in favour of it, fisherman, hauliers, farmers etc. The goverment seem to be absolutely determined to fuck musicians on the side though with the insistence that they dont want to reciprocate visa free touring for musicians from either side.

25 minutes ago, pcock said:

The goverment seem to be absolutely determined to fuck musicians on the side though with the insistence that they dont want to reciprocate visa free touring for musicians from either side.

It's some crazy shit. Of course it's a mutual deal. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-music-tours-visa-eu-b1789390.html

Ministers have rejected calls for a rethink to rescue visa-free tours by musicians of the EU – insisting “taking back control” of borders must come first.

The crazy thing is that US musicians will have easier time touring inside EU than UK musicians because they don't need visas.

Apparently you also have to list the details of all your gear and have them checked when entering each country?

in a sense though, the uk is absolutely full of class musicians. Ive always found the idea of flying someone 2 hours from berlin just to play bleepy bloopy techno music pretty stupid, so maybe this will be the dawn of a new era of local music for local people. mon' tubbs.

Edited by pcock

Cant run out of gravy, think of the poor dears tottering about their Sunday roasts having to have Yorkshire pud dry as a sponge that’s been out of water for 2 days with some leathery beef to wash it down. And the spuds, the spuds! It’ll have to be mashed potatoes. 

Spoiler

10 hours ago, zkom said:

It's some crazy shit. Of course it's a mutual deal. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-music-tours-visa-eu-b1789390.html

The crazy thing is that US musicians will have easier time touring inside EU than UK musicians because they don't need visas.

Apparently you also have to list the details of all your gear and have them checked when entering each country?

From An independent article, so the website is tumescent with ad spam

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-music-tours-visa-eu-b1789390.html

Ministers rule out rethink to rescue visa-free tours by musicians, insisting ‘control of borders’ must come first

Musicians are 'mere collateral in obsession in ending freedom of movement’, minister told

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I made an order to Bleep recently.

had an e-mail a few weeks later :

"due to brexit, V.A.T no longer applies on this kind of stuff" . (to say it simple)

so I have a 20% discount off the bill. well ok, brexit sucks i.m.o., but ok no VAT on bleep orders, fine.

today , e-mail from the shipping company : " due to brexit, customs tax now applies : you have to pay 70€ so as your order can cross the border."

wich is like more than 30% rise on the total bill (vat-free discount included in the calculation). ?

Edited by neurone
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've decided not to order some things from UK because the same companies keep sending all these notifications about shipment problems to outside UK and instructions on how to seek refunds from the shipping companies. Just fuck it then.

Brexit: 'Under-loved' fish renamed for British tastes

Fishermen are to rename two of their biggest exports in a bid to attract British consumers after post-Brexit difficulties selling to the EU.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-55996938

• Farnsworth 1

54 minutes ago, neurone said:

I made an order to Bleep recently.

had an e-mail a few weeks later :

"due to brexit, V.A.T no longer applies on this kind of stuff" . (to say it simple)

so I have a 20% discount off the bill. well ok, brexit sucks i.m.o., but ok no VAT on bleep orders, fine.

today , e-mail from the shipping company : " due to brexit, customs tax now applies : you have to pay 70€ so as your order can cross the border."

wich is like more than 30% rise on the total bill (vat-free discount included in the calculation). ?

Yeah, if you're in the UK don't order anything from abroad at the mo...if you're outside of the UK, don't order anything from the UK. The whole thing is a huge fucking mess. No one knows what they're doing, no-one knows who is meant to be paying what. Fuck the Tories for 'getting a deal' like 5 working days before the deadline, when they had over 4 years to sort out how it should all work. Utter wankers. They should all be killed.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Yeah, if you're in the UK don't order anything from abroad at the mo...if you're outside of the UK, don't order anything from the UK. The whole thing is a huge fucking mess.

I wish I read this before Bandcamp Friday. I bought a couple jungle 12”s from 2 different UK labels.

Shit is pretty tite tho...

https://kemetmusic.bandcamp.com/album/chatta-b-terouble-tings-ep-rs007

https://deepjungle.bandcamp.com/album/dat034-kid-lib-the-talk-wookie-worries-time-to-dance-jungl3r

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amen Warrior said:

if you're outside of the UK, don't order anything from the UK. The whole thing is a huge fucking mess.

well yeah maybe for the moment, but I might not totally  boycott things down.. I mean I will still order from UK if I need to, I would just adjust my budget (i.e. on bleep, I would buy 3 x 12" albums instead of 5)

because I guess it's pain in the ass for u.k. (small) companies to see their international buisness falling down because of brexit, and to make a total stop on orders is not helping them keeping alive despite this shit. (speaking of companies I would enjoy, i.e. bleep, or those  jungle labels @J3FF3R00ordrerd from, or  other stuff we order from u.k. like quality clothes or  wathever)    (ps yeah bleep is not that small, but compared to some big industry buisness, it still is quite a small thing, is'nt it ?)

among this, I wonder who benefits from the custom taxes, while V.A.T is supposed to go to the u.k.k state and they are supposed to use this money to invest in things that deserves the country for the whole people (like, dunno, socials, infrastructures, etc...) I mean I prefer paying a VAT rather than a custom tax,

but I might be totally wrong since I'm very weak on how all this money buisness is really working and how the money is spreaded....

ps : @J3FF3R00 now listening that chatta b. stuff :music:   and kid lib  is a favorite of mine ?

Edited by neurone
  • Burger 1

Oh yeah I only meant temporarily. I expect it will continue to get easier, hopefully in weeks/months rather than years. But it's chaotic at the moment, and it's direct consequence of them leaving it till Christmas Eve. Was everyone meant to digest the new rules and implement them while they were on their christmas break? De pfeffel and co are ALL fucking braindead cretins with no grasp on the reality for working people in this country whatsoever.

PS I really hope your records turn up fine, I'm sure they will ? ? also a big fan of kid lib

• Burger 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

so like, did the country collapse or anything? was a lot of shouty people saying doom was coming if Brexit happened and it kinda did, yeah? or is the full thing not in effect yet or what?

wikipedia says

There is a customs transitional arrangement in place until 1 July 2021. During this time period, traders importing standard goods from the EU to the UK can defer submitting their customs declarations and paying import duties to HMRC for up to six months

so like

i haven't seen Bandcamp/juno.co.uk $ > £ conversion rates skyrocket or plummet...all you brits on here aren't crying, so i'm guessing it wasn't so bad at all? i've seen minimal news about this over the last few months...mostly just hearing about Boris Johnson minor scandals and maybe losing his spot...curious what y'all are seeing if anything.

25 minutes ago, auxien said:

so like, did the country collapse or anything? was a lot of shouty people saying doom was coming if Brexit happened and it kinda did, yeah? or is the full thing not in effect yet or what?

wikipedia says

so like

i haven't seen Bandcamp/juno.co.uk $ > £ conversion rates skyrocket or plummet...all you brits on here aren't crying, so i'm guessing it wasn't so bad at all? i've seen minimal news about this over the last few months...mostly just hearing about Boris Johnson minor scandals and maybe losing his spot...curious what y'all are seeing if anything.

i've seen a few stories on newshour /pbs and some twitter threads from touring musicians (though not touring now because covid) freaking out a bit at all the paperwork for each country etc. i guess there's a shit ton of hoops to jump through now for a band to tour..  forms for each country for each piece of gear etc.. work permits.. all that shit. 

also some story about fishing industry being in chaos. 

other than that the news here is focused on other stuff. 

• Like 1

I have ordered a few things from the UK in recent months and there hasn't been any issues. Low value items like books and records, so have not been charged extra by local customs. 

Politically - UK relations with the EU have gone off a cliff 

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-citizens-detained-uk-work-visas-brexit/

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-legal-action-uk-brexit-breach/

https://www.politico.eu/article/fishing-brexit-eu-uk-jersey/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auxien said:

wikipedia says

so like

Difficult to tell with a COVID-19 pandemic, I'd think. The whole world is going down the shitter. But for multiple reasons.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

i've seen a few stories on newshour /pbs and some twitter threads from touring musicians (though not touring now because covid) freaking out a bit at all the paperwork for each country etc. i guess there's a shit ton of hoops to jump through now for a band to tour..  forms for each country for each piece of gear etc.. work permits.. all that shit. 

also some story about fishing industry being in chaos. 

other than that the news here is focused on other stuff. 

yeah, i haven't hunted much down admittedly, glanced at the wiki page but i was honestly expecting at least some serious issues post-Brexit, COVID or not.

3 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Difficult to tell with a COVID-19 pandemic, I'd think. The whole world is going down the shitter. But for multiple reasons.

very true. it's getting easier in some places but i'm forgetting how much a lot of the rest of the world is lagging on the COVID recovery.

4 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I have ordered a few things from the UK in recent months and there hasn't been any issues. Low value items like books and records, so have not been charged extra by local customs. 

Politically - UK relations with the EU have gone off a cliff 

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-citizens-detained-uk-work-visas-brexit/

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-legal-action-uk-brexit-breach/

https://www.politico.eu/article/fishing-brexit-eu-uk-jersey/

thanks for linking those. seems like some issues are starting up but i imagine if smaller shit like that starts to snowball then things might actually get bad down the road.

• 3 months later...