IGNORED

pendulu hv moda

Lachesi

I really love this track. I really love Elseq. 

First sounds of the track could be annoying to someone, as the marked snare/SBAM on quite every third quarter, but pendulu hv moda designs very unique scenarios. 

All the first half of the track makes me think about some sort of digital-natural imaginary. But from 7.08 everything changes and a evolving being starts growing, always moving, not sure if he has biomechanical features or if he's more abstract... The only sure thing is that from 6.58 starts trying to express itself, and the disappearance of the other main sounds makes me imaginate now a desert-ish landscape. Final drone marks the end of the epiphany. 

Technically I wonder how the hell they made the sound whom I related saying the being was trying to express himself...

Overall I prefer Elseq to NTS and the reason is that I feel like in Elseq's tracks less is left to chance, very different from the "jazz-jams" of NTS. 

pendulu hv moda rules  :music:

PS: also, super cool thing, try mixing some fat fast kicks over sections of the second half of the track!

• Like 3

pendula hv moda makes me feel like I am in aruba on the one side of the island that is just cliffs and stuff.  great view, scenery etc.  I am with some woman who just got me really baked.  she is stunning.  I am driving an suv . we get out to take it all in.  I slam the door and just keep slamming it cuz the seatbelt is in the way. just keep slamming the door.

never gets old...

• Like 4

i have a very distinct memory of half-falling-asleep on the ny metro on very little sleep listening to this track, and with the movement of the train it felt like i was in a submarine descending into deeper and depths of the ocean.  then i woke up right before my stop when it ended.

track is mad subterranean for me.

I don't know why but this track reminds me of Mark Fell/SND. I mean especially the begininng of the track, the drum. Real lush and I dunno just Fell-ishhh.

And the drum 8:40 in

And 1:05 - 1:12 the wrRRRRRrrrRRrrRrrrr drum

And the wet drum 02:22 - 02:32 lushhh

Do you pepole kno more tracks like thatttt? Preferably not from Autechre, thank'yaw

my fave studio track from da boise before NTS which i aint fully digested yet!

I love the vocally bits... like the soundtrack for the aliens in aRRIVAL or them chatting over a few tunes during their flight through uinterstellar spacetime

post-659-0-50092300-1546530510_thumb.png

pendula hv moda makes me feel like I am in aruba on the one side of the island that is just cliffs and stuff.  great view, scenery etc.  I am with some woman who just got me really baked.  she is stunning.  I am driving an suv . we get out to take it all in.  I slam the door and just keep slamming it cuz the seatbelt is in the way. just keep slamming the door.

never gets old...

lol brilliant!

huge song. favorite on elseq. great composition. amazing sounds.

mine too

I def think gonk steady one is pendulu's cousin

agree + gonk one is my fav nts1 track

Great track, but if I had to pick my least favourite off elseq1, it might be this one. The other 4 are just more special to me.

Maybe it's not my fav track off Elseq1 too

Curvcaten could be my n.1

autechre sounds like robots and space upvote if you agree

lol

Need a Family Fortunes/Fued photoshop with them as the most common survey responses for Autechre's sound.

never gets old...

lol yeah, I was just thinking about that. Such a perfect description of the track.  :biggrin:

Its the space that the track has... it breaths ..... its very organic 

So true, and I'd extend this to most of Elseq's tracks! in my opinion sometimes NTS tracks lack in this aspect... As do for examples Richard Devine's tracks on his latest 2018 album: in some way everything is colder comparing to Elseq/Exai 

The cheery opening section of the song reminds me of Drane2 a little and the rattling percussion, brrrddrrrddrrrrdrr. I also really love those breathy/flute-y whatever parts later in the song.

Edited by vproc

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...