IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

13 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Screenshot?

I can only attached image with a maximun size of 8.98kb so a screenshot would be impossible. 

I wonder how I can donate 3 USD per year? 

"It costs 70.00 USD per month to keep the lights on at WATMM, and your donations ensure we continue going for another 20 years! Any amount is appreciated, and you can also consider supporting us by purchasing an annual subscription for as low as 3.00 USD per year."

This last text you can click but then you are coming to a page that says: 

Sorry!

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

3 hours ago, cern said:

"It costs 70.00 USD per month to keep the lights on at WATMM, and your donations ensure we continue going for another 20 years! Any amount is appreciated, and you can also consider supporting us by purchasing an annual subscription for as low as 3.00 USD per year."

This last text you can click but then you are coming to a page that says: 

Sorry!

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Dunno how that broke, but it is fixed now - thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I've had this issue for a while but have I've finally gotten around to asking about it.

For some reason mp4's won't display. I need to open them in a separate tab. This really makes the dank memes thread not so dank.

Using Chrome on Android 

Whasssup

Is there a reason why I can no longer post up screenshots? Even something basic. Thanks. Do I need to pay extra? No worries Skipper, I got the cash. Happy days.

Edited by beerwolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 1:10 PM, endera3rd said:

Holy shit these ads are fucking brutal!

site's unbrowsable on mobile without paying to get rid of ads. good one.

On 3/1/2022 at 1:13 PM, Amen Warrior said:

Reporting another unsavoury advert (child in bikini Tha Fuq?!) attached.

Screenshot_20220301-190719.png

Thanks - I don't know why content like that is appearing; I've set the filters to avoid garbage like that...

On 3/9/2022 at 5:25 PM, prdctvsm said:

yeh, more & more popups all over this site now ))::

here's jsut a few...

baggage.png

On 3/9/2022 at 8:10 PM, endera3rd said:

Holy shit these ads are fucking brutal!

8 hours ago, usagi said:

site's unbrowsable on mobile without paying to get rid of ads. good one.

So everyone else should pay but not you? (this goes for everyone, not just @usagi)? I don't think 3.00USD a year is too much to ask of anyone wanting to participate on the site. 

On 2/17/2022 at 2:44 PM, Frank Poole said:

So I've had this issue for a while but have I've finally gotten around to asking about it.

For some reason mp4's won't display. I need to open them in a separate tab. This really makes the dank memes thread not so dank.

Using Chrome on Android 

Can you point out an example?

On 2/19/2022 at 2:06 PM, beerwolf said:

Whasssup

Is there a reason why I can no longer post up screenshots? Even something basic. Thanks. Do I need to pay extra? No worries Skipper, I got the cash. Happy days.

Try going into your profile and deleting any attachments you have... or upgrade for more storage - either way will fix this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joyrex said:

So everyone else should pay but not you? (this goes for everyone, not just @usagi)? I don't think 3.00USD a year is too much to ask of anyone wanting to participate on the site. 

I'd reiterate what we discussed previously, that there should be a clearly visible meter to allow people to see where site costs are at and how much needs donating. I'm not a fan of this move to a pay to play model with no transparency. whether it's $3 or $30 is less important to me. how effective is the current model anyway vs identifying site costs and asking people to donate against that, given that some people will just use adblock?

and quite apart from whether people pay or not, there should not be the ridiculous number of ads clobbering screen space on mobile as there are currently, as a general rule. 1 or 2 per page would work but the amount right now makes it unbrowsable on mobile, which would also turn off potential members who are casually browsing out of curiosity for the first time and find that they just can't get around easily.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, usagi said:

I'd reiterate what we discussed previously, that there should be a clearly visible meter to allow people to see where site costs are at and how much needs donating. I'm not a fan of this move to a pay to play model with no transparency. whether it's $3 or $30 is less important to me. how effective is the current model anyway vs identifying site costs and asking people to donate against that, given that some people will just use adblock?

and quite apart from whether people pay or not, there should not be the ridiculous number of ads clobbering screen space on mobile as there are currently, as a general rule. 1 or 2 per page would work but the amount right now makes it unbrowsable on mobile, which would also turn off potential members who are casually browsing out of curiosity for the first time and find that they just can't get around easily.

One of the issues back when we had a meter showing the costs was the same people (aka those who cared) were contributing and as long as people saw the meter fill up and meet the goal they could effectively look the other way and never have to donate and support the site.

Regarding ads on mobile - let me see if I can at least reduce ads so they aren't so obtrusive I (I thought that Google AdSense would "know" it's serving up ads on a small screen and thus reduce the size so  it's not so onerous).

6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

One of the issues back when we had a meter showing the costs was the same people (aka those who cared) were contributing and as long as people saw the meter fill up and meet the goal they could effectively look the other way and never have to donate and support the site.

I'm not sure what the problem is here. so long as the costs are met and the site continues to exist without money trouble, what does it matter who is donating how much exactly? I'm not sure why every single user should be required to donate on general principle. ideally, no one should have to pay anything, it's only the burden of keeping the site going that forces the need. it might seem like 'free-riding' or whatever but if the same people are comfortable donating each month (bearing in mind different people live within different means) then I don't see an issue. if those same people decide not to donate every single month, then there's a gap which others can then step up to fill.

6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Regarding ads on mobile - let me see if I can at least reduce ads so they aren't so obtrusive I (I thought that Google AdSense would "know" it's serving up ads on a small screen and thus reduce the size so  it's not so onerous).

that'd be cool. right now it seems like there are drop-downs and popups and ads sandwiched in between posts all at once.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 2:17 AM, Satans Little Helper said:

$3? You're basically buying Joyrex a beer! Once a year. Talking about cheap friends ;D

Thank you... while I know not everyone has money to throw around, I think 3.00 USD per year is achievable by almost anyone who can afford internet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

I disagree, in fact I think you should be paying all of us $3 a year to come and visit your silly little idm website.

Only joking don't ban

So says the Member... :dadjoke:

yeah the ads are really messed up on mobile. i can't go on certain forums (music discussion for example) from the main page because there's a big fuck off ad in the way of it.

Screenshot_2022-03-28-19-14-35-480_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, QQQ said:

yeah the ads are really messed up on mobile. i can't go on certain forums (music discussion for example) from the main page because there's a big fuck off ad in the way of it.

Screenshot_2022-03-28-19-14-35-480_com.android.chrome.jpg

3.00/year will clear that right up

• Haha 3