IGNORED

Massive Attack - Mezzanine (Deluxe)

Just now, bitchroast said:

always found mezzanine bat shit boring. portishead better. blur better than oasis.

i don't always agree with bitroast, but when i do, i perfer this take

Blue Lines is the dated listen nowadays, ala The Bends it was one of those 90s classics which started to age horribly around a decade ago. You still love them, but they are artifacts now seldom pulled out of the attic.

But from Protection on still stands up pretty well. I can understand going through a maturation phase of thinking Massive Attack is a bit beneath you now, but when you come out the other side you'll find it still connects. Mezzanine is a front-to-back classic, and Protection has this indefatigable lots-of-drugs-were-taken charm to it.

7 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Remember Lamb?  They were more like IDM pop I guess.  But that never caught on as a genre term.  Psapp is another act that would fall into that category.

Lamb - the band that's been on the verge of breaking up for 20 years, lol

I have a soft spot for Liam, just think if he was on form he would be good company (and I do like 3 tracks off their first album)

I've always thought it would be a great youtube clip, playing Liam a few tracks by Aphex (Bucephalus Bouncing Ball for example) or something off Confield and seeing and hearing his reaction. It would be funny.

Archived