IGNORED

Online Dating Horror Stories

Zephyr_Nova

I went to a record store with a girl once. I told her to pick an album and I'd buy it along with whatever I was getting. She chose Neutral Milk Hotel's "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" and I still have no idea if she was fucking with me. Never had another date though, her choice.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Well that date happened.  She was no poser smartypants, definitely had the brains to back it up.  The convo was very one sided though, with her recalling personal details/stories/knowledge in great detail, and me trying my best to take it all in.  I find people who talk that much to be a bit exhausting, and definitely could not be around that on a regular basis.  Any time there was a point for me to take the reins I found myself at a loss for words.  Too focused on whatever she was going off on.  So I mostly just asked questions.  Despite my being rather dull, she did ask if I wanted to go for a beer (this is after we'd had a coffee and walked around for a while).  But I had a rehearsal scheduled that evening, so we went our separate ways.  Genuinely interesting person, but not someone I could see myself jelling with easily.

Meanwhile, the one who was married to my bro's best friend asked me what I was doing for NYE, and is now coming to the same party.  It's all coming to a head!! ?

No horror stories yet though.  Sorry guys.  Someone please post something horrifying.  

dude you will be telling your grandkids one day about how their grandma and u totally did it for the first time on New Years 2020 ?

sapiophile lady sounds annoying, i haven’t seen many women like that but egocentricity is not gender-based ofc. 

wish there were more horror stories too. everyone’s just probably skittish about posting that sorta info on here? rightfully so tbh.

I've never actually dated before. And these days it's too much of a bother to even leave home anymore, aside from work and shopping.

I'm getting the impression that I'm not really missing out anyway. Much for fun to stay home and kill 16 oz cans of beer, browse stupid memes, and fart.

2 hours ago, auxien said:

wish there were more horror stories too. everyone’s just probably skittish about posting that sorta info on here?

I stopped dating before online dating became a thing, cause I'm old as fuck. I have a feeling I would be even worse at online dating than I was in real life, so there would have been plenty of horror stories.

Anyway - yeah - more horror stories from you young'uns please!

11 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Well that date happened....

Some people talk too much when they're nervous. Maybe something to consider if otherwise she appeared an interesting person. If she talked a lot about her previous relationships then that's a red flag for sure (well for me at least).

I've met a woman over the internet back in ~2005. We became kind of friends after that, although I think she hates me nowadays, because I never made a move on her (her friend kind of told me so). However, at the time we met she had a relationship on the decline, so I thought I'd just be a disposable rebound guy or I did not want to make too much assumptions about the situation and her character, as I was a product of a clandestine operation on her part while still in a relationship or whatever. That's just one of the aspects of how women go about their business, I guess.

6 hours ago, auxien said:

dude you will be telling your grandkids one day about how their grandma and u totally did it for the first time on New Years 2020 ?

Ahahaha, right?  Weirdly something similar happened last year too, though not via dating apps (only signed up in October).  But a different woman ended up deciding to go to the party I was at instead of hanging with her friends.  We sort of "got together" a couple days prior.  Oh man that was a good NYE... but in any case, it was bad timing, and she left the city to start a new life soon after.  Wasn't meant to be.

And yeah, the egocentricity thing was off-putting, but I get that a lot of people view these sorts of dates as like job interviews or something, and feel the need to sell themselves.  And honestly this was the first time that I felt the person I was sitting across from was more interested in talking about themselves than getting to know me.  Her way of doing that was more interrogative than via genuine curiosity, which was the first thing I noticed even through our texts.

I have known many people who talk more when nervous too.  it's an interesting thing.  I'm the opposite.  If I'm nervous I'll clam right up. Maybe an introvert vs. extrovert thing.

Well, I've been weirdly not nervous on most of these dates, though I felt a bit of that on the last one (couple red flags prior to).  It's not significantly different from meeting new people in general, which also brings on the nerves on occasion.  But yeah, wanting to make a good impression creates pressure, which makes a lot of people nervous.  

For women it's a bigger issue I would think, since the person they meet up with is more likely to pose an actual threat. 

On 12/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, auxien said:

Bumble has a BFF feature. Never used it tho because why would I want just a friend unless we can also have sex (I have lots of sex with all my friends*)

have seen plenty of that. from my biased secondhand opinion that’s just people who want to be/seem smart but aren’t, it’s just a version of the ‘sorry but I’m so nerdy!’ thing. I assume. 

*i don’t have any friends.

I always took the sapiosexual thing to mean that they're probably intelligent but lack a personality so they use a buzz word to form a lifestyle. Being into tv shows and comic book movies isn't a fucking personality.

good read

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness

things to remember:

A 2006 study, of 25,594 heterosexual men found that men who perceived themselves as having a large penis were more satisfied with their own appearance.

Evidence from various cultures suggests that heterosexual men tend to find the sight of women's genitalia to be sexually arousing.

7 hours ago, BoomTssPhace said:

Go download grindr. Quick results

I took a look at Bumble for a bit and then my Snapchat advertising started flooding me with various dating ads. I've been getting hit hard with this LGBTQA+ ad. I can't help but chuckle at the thought that converging algorithms are telling me "ay buddy--tough luck so far huh. Have you considered other markets?"

While liking the concept of Bumble I think that I found out what the problem with this platform is, at least in my area: There are way too many unattractive narcissistic women.

The advantage with Tinder is that the narcissistic women are attractive and easy to manipulate

I never really had any horror stories from online dating. Everyone I met was either mostly pleasant/attractive or just a little dull. 

The real horror is how many women go to the effort of putting "only contact me if you're taller than me" in their profiles. That's some real bullshit right there. What if I wrote "only message me if you have comically huge breasts"? I still maintain my stance that women can't call themselves feminists if they're turned off by a shorter person.

Having said that though, I've dismissed women on dating apps based on their music taste, so that may be similar.. but at least that's a personality thing.

never dated or used a dating app but i can say with confidence that since about ~5 years ago i date, shrinkwrap and freeze all of my cum in a svalbard-like 'seed vault' for future use underneath my igloo

42 minutes ago, Salvatorin said:

never dated or used a dating app but i can say with confidence that since about ~5 years ago i date, shrinkwrap and freeze all of my cum in a svalbard-like 'seed vault' for future use underneath my igloo

You date your cum?? :emotawesomepm9:

6 hours ago, modey said:

The real horror is how many women go to the effort of putting "only contact me if you're taller than me" in their profiles. That's some real bullshit right there. What if I wrote "only message me if you have comically huge breasts"? I still maintain my stance that women can't call themselves feminists if they're turned off by a shorter person.

Having said that though, I've dismissed women on dating apps based on their music taste, so that may be similar.. but at least that's a personality thing.

It's better they mention their height preference so as to not waste anyone's time.  It's actually pretty considerate.  Bummer, being a shorter guy myself, but whatever.  I see no compatibility issue between having physical preferences and feminism, comically huge breasts included.  If that's what a guy's looking for in a sex partner, he should make mention of it.  Heheh, sorry to write such a serious reply... fuck them shorty hatin' bitches.

I do tend to avoid women who are significantly taller than me - not because I'm turned off by it, but because I think it is unlikely that it won't be an issue for them, and I don't want to waste time if my odds are not reasonably good.  Although, if they seem particularly awesome I'll take my chances.

Archived